Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Brightflower

Duet of the 20th Century by the way

I just want to say that I feel like there have been collaborations between many top pop female singers over the years, and most of the time it just seems like it's a cash-grab for producers and they're just paired up for a single release. And even if it's a proper collaboration, sometimes there's just something off about it. The song's not that great, or the two artists just didn't end up working well together.

But I will say that Whitney and Mariah pair together beautifully for this song. Not only do they sound well together, but the song seems to resonate really strongly with them individually. They also seem like they have such fun with each other. Sometimes duets can be really stiff and separated, but here, Whitney and Mariah are constantly reaching for each other's hands, they're looking at each other and smiling a lot. Mariah is even doing her weird hand-conducting thing for Whitney's runs. It all feels so genuine.

The song isn't the best of either of their catalogues, but it's a really beautiful addition.

11 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I just want to say that I feel like there have been collaborations between many top pop female singers over the years, and most of the time it just seems like it's a cash-grab for producers and they're just paired up for a single release. And even if it's a proper collaboration, sometimes there's just something off about it. The song's not that great, or the two artists just didn't end up working well together.

But I will say that Whitney and Mariah pair together beautifully for this song. Not only do they sound well together, but the song seems to resonate really strongly with them individually. They also seem like they have such fun with each other. Sometimes duets can be really stiff and separated, but here, Whitney and Mariah are constantly reaching for each other's hands, they're looking at each other and smiling a lot. Mariah is even doing her weird hand-conducting thing for Whitney's runs. It all feels so genuine.

The song isn't the best of either of their catalogues, but it's a really beautiful addition.

I love when she does that

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.