Ali Payami

Ilya Salmanzadeh

Joel Little

Oscar Holter

Oscar Gorres

Jack & Coke

Captain Cuts

Stargate

This sounds so promising. Delirium 2.0 is coming and I just know it’s going to be filled with nonstop bops  oprah15

I just want her next era to go smoothly for once. Like please get you and your teams’ shit together just this once! Her career literally depends on how well they execute the album and its rollout. Absolutely no room for mistakes. No delays, no months and months between sporadic single releases, actually promote the songs on late night shows, etc. and put some effort into the music videos!! Make people want to talk about your music and visuals clap1

Considering that her last album came and went like a fart on the wind, then I don’t exactly see why her career’s existence even depends on eras or albums at this point. Delirium’s “era” was bookended by cheesy ass film track love songs. Brightest Blue’s “era” was bookended by Diplo collabs. What’s next? Being bookended by the two pieces of stale bread?

Brightest Blue was available to pre-order for months (with incentives like personal voice messages) and ended up with a pithy 15,000 sales (including CD, CD boxset, vinyl, colored vinyl variant, cassette tapes, digital and various bundles including the previous) to hit number 1 in the U.K and couldn’t even last 5 full weeks in the top 100. Compare that to Miss Swift’s Folklore the following week with a surprise drop, no physicals on release an initial 37,000 sales and 3 weeks at number one and hasn’t left the charts since.

I’d argue that Ellie’s literally doesn’t need albums one iota. She might as well be like Becky Hill or DJ Fresh and primarily be a singles artist. She doesn’t promote Brightest Blue half as much as she’s done so booze and books this year. Most of Brightest Blue’s album tracks’ streams are less than 2.5 million each after 14 months on Spotify; even Halsey’s freshly released album has more than that on every single one of their new album’s songs.

10 hours ago, Brutus said:

Considering that her last album came and went like a fart on the wind, then I don’t exactly see why her career’s existence even depends on eras or albums at this point. Delirium’s “era” was bookended by cheesy ass film track love songs. Brightest Blue’s “era” was bookended by Diplo collabs. What’s next? Being bookended by the two pieces of stale bread?

Brightest Blue was available to pre-order for months (with incentives like personal voice messages) and ended up with a pithy 15,000 sales (including CD, CD boxset, vinyl, colored vinyl variant, cassette tapes, digital and various bundles including the previous) to hit number 1 in the U.K and couldn’t even last 5 full weeks in the top 100. Compare that to Miss Swift’s Folklore the following week with a surprise drop, no physicals on release an initial 37,000 sales and 3 weeks at number one and hasn’t left the charts since.

I’d argue that Ellie’s literally doesn’t need albums one iota. She might as well be like Becky Hill or DJ Fresh and primarily be a singles artist. She doesn’t promote Brightest Blue half as much as she’s done so booze and books this year. Most of Brightest Blue’s album tracks’ streams are less than 2.5 million each after 14 months on Spotify; even Halsey’s freshly released album has more than that on every single one of their new album’s songs.

I mean I mostly just want another hit single to come out of the era nicki5

4 hours ago, Starboy said:

Lights

Anything Could Happen

Burn

Love Me Like You Do

On My Mind

Close To Me

Just to name a few… ALL hit singles moo8

The way you wrote it suggested she'd already had a hit single this era nicki5 Hence my derision.

Although I suppose we could count River at a push nicki5

River was a number one bruteforced by Amazon and I basically have enough public evidence to prove it. There was zero support from the nation for the song through official purchases or YouTube views (still less than 3 million views after nearly 2 years).

But Amazon did include it on every single one of their Christmas playlists that year, something that they did for no other song, even their Amazon exclusives or classic songs by Wham! or Mariah Carey. There was a 66% chance that it was played by track 4 on their Christmas playlists, meaning that people would likely hear it over and over against their will when asking for Alexa to play Christmas music.