Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

P!nk mentions Xtina in new interview

This is the life of a well-adjusted veteran star, who’s not quite sure how she’s survived this long and stayed this sane. A vestige of the Y2K, peak-CD, MTV “TRL” generation, Pink, now 38, hasn’t melted down or ever really gone away, a fact she owes to never having been “the one.”

“I’ve never won the popularity contest,” she said over the roasted chicken and vegetables she declared “mostly cooked.” “I was never as big as Britney or Christina. If you look at any paragraph about pop music, I don’t get mentioned — my name doesn’t come up. And yet, here I go again, right under the wave, duck-diving.”

Source

It’s not that she’s been ignored, or burrowed in a niche. Since her debut, “Can’t Take Me Home,” in 2000, Pink has sold more than 16 million albums and some 45 million digital songs in the United States, according to Nielsen Music; she’s had 23 songs in the Billboard Top 40 (including her current single, “What About Us”), with four No. 1 hits and 11 more that reached the Top 10. She headlines arenas around the world and will perform on “Saturday Night Live” on Oct. 14, the day after the release of “Beautiful Trauma,” her seventh solo album.

Props to her and her team tbh. I always knew she has continuously been successful, but I am happy to see another female artist survive in this industry today besides Beyonce who began in the early 2000s. clap3 

I was never as big as Britney or Christina. If you look at any paragraph about pop music, I don’t get mentioned

Well, nowadays she's more successful than both of them, so good for her. moo1 Just gotta show that hard work pays off.

Thats why I love pink she is so modest and offcourse she was mentioned many times true the 2000´s. I want to have her album next week, and spect a good era with lot of sales, not like her first single.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.