Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Tyler Joseph

Witness - Unpopular Opinions

Miss You More and Into Me You See are only good ballads of the album

Everyone forgot about Chained To The Rhythm in a month

Deja Vu is still THAT BITCH

Prism > Teenage Dream > Witness > One Of The Boys

Save As Draft and Hey Hey Hey shoud have never existed

The CD case design (except of the cover) is BAD

Act My Age and Dance With The Devil are better than most of the Witness tracks

Singles should have gone like this:

Witness

Bon Appetit

Swish Swish

Deja Vu 

Act My Age

• Pendulum is one of the best songs on the album, and could easily be a single
  • The best part of Mind Maze is the chorus
  • Miss You More is one of the more forgettable tracks
  • The album's cover isn't actually half-bad

Before I give out my opinion track by track, please know I’m a huge KatyCat! I wouldn’t listen to Katy’s album if I wasn’t. But first, I’d like to say that this album is underrated in general, so… 

Witness (song) is a bop!

Hey Hey Hey? Pfft! More like Go Away

Roulette does remind like a Lady Gaga’s Like It Rough—if possible, I want a mash-up or the songs, please! Uhh, no, I like the song, nonetheless. 

• I want the unreleased track, we all know as a snippet, to be on the album [fans entitled it as Apologize]; Swish Swish won’t mind, right? 

• I think Katy would have done better on this one. Right now, the title of it is just how we think about the song itself: Déjà Vu

• An awesome production of the song, Power. Either Lady Gaga or Rihanna could’ve been perfect to be featured in this song. 

Mind Maze should have had very less auto-tune, then others would appreciate the track. 

Miss You More is the **it! It’s like The One That Got Away 2.0

Chained to the Rhythm is… a cute song [don’t come for me]. 

• For me, Tsunami is trying to be a ‘chill’ version of Teenage Dream and California Gurls

• Even though it was a rumour, Ariana would be a suitable feature for Bon Appétit—just change some lyrics and add Ari’s verse, and voilá! 

Bigger Than Me, don’t get me wrong, I like the song. But I usually skip the song when the robotic voice says “I can feel it happening” in a fading effect, thinking that the song’s finished. 

Save As Draft… ahh! This one, this-this should be what it is in the title: a draft. I do want another ballad sitting on this track’s position, please. 

Pendulum sounds like Roar to me—inspirational message [but unlike Roar, it’s forgettable, though], and has that jungle-like theme production. Done well, and also, unlike Roar, it should stay as not-a-single track. 

Into Me You See. Just like Miss You More, it’s similar to a Teenage Dream (album) song: Not Like the Movies. I like the song as well, but I prefer Miss You More as the ballad of the album. 

• I’m imagining a dark and political music video for Dance with the Devil if it was a single. I love the production, but I like the then-demo version played on the snippet of Katy… lazily dabbing more. 

• Ahh, yes—Act My Age! I was glad this became an interlude to Katy’s Witness: The Tour concert, right before Teenage Dream is performed, cos I frickin’ love this song. I wish it was not a bonus track [along with Dance with the Devil], though. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.