FOTP

Challenge #2 | Dress It Up or Dance It Off

CHANEL #1    53,806

source.gif

Hey y'all. Sorry this is going up late. Life happens. This week is one that I'm sure you're all gonna love. You have two challenge options for this week and they're two of your favorites! Fashion and Dance!!

For this second week of competition you will either complete a fashion related challenge or a dancer related challenge. You can pick as always. Each challenge's details will be put in separate spoilers to keep this OP of this thread somewhat organized. 

Here's a crash course though. If you choose the Dancer option then you will be recruiting dancers. If you choose the fashion option you will be creating a Halloween costume. All details will be in the spoilers. 

The deadline is still Friday night at Midnight but I did post this later than I expected to. We're always good about extensions so just let us know if that becomes something you think you'll need.

- Countdown Link -

Option 1: Choose Your Dancers

Spoiler

PART ONE: RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
You have been tasked with hiring TWO dancers. You must hire ONE male dancer AND ONE female dancer. For EACH chosen dancer, you must complete these requirements:

THE REQUIREMENTS
The name of the dancer you will hire
The reason you picked that dancer
Why that dancer was a better choice than the other five of their gender

PART TWO: THE JOB DESCRIPTION
We also need to know what your dancer is being hired for (i.e. Music Video / Live Performance / Commercial, etc). For EACH chosen dancer, you must complete these requirements:

THE REQUIREMENTS
What job the dancer is being hired for
A short description of the OVERALL job* 
(*i.e, the full music video/performance, etc - NOT the dancer's role)
An in-depth description of the dancer's exact role

(I'll say this once again; In BOTH parts - part one AND part two - you have to do the requirements for BOTH dancers; one male AND one female)

These are the dancers you have to choose from. Below all the dancer's pictures will be descriptions of each dancer. 

Female Dancer #1: Dawn
STKJvKX.jpg

Female Dancer #2: Liz
rgDuld2.jpg

Female Dancer #3: Lucy
qu2PBrY.jpg

Female Dancer #4: Bethany
WQXHP1x.jpg

FEMALE DANCER DESCRIPTIONS

Spoiler

Dawn (F) [23]

Dawn is a twenty-three-year-old who grew up in Australia. She’s worked hard while growing up to prove that dance is something she should follow through with. Convincing her parents to give her a shot, they sent her to university for dance and she aced everything with top marks. Dawn has always lived at home and has one or two somewhat-close friends that she can call on if she needs to.

The Problem: Dawn suffers from General Anxiety Disorder. There are days where it hits her where she doesn’t want to leave the house. It’s not something that she’s always had, but since about age 16, she’s struggled with it. She also doesn’t like to have friendships because she gets anxious talking to anyone even her somewhat-close friends. Unfortunately, it’s not controllable and could strike at any point.

Liz (F) [19]

Liz is another Australian girl who’s been working hard through the years. She’s very bright and aced all her school exams. Getting into a top university in Australia, she’s studying dance and passing with flying colours. The next opportunity she has is a year-out placement, and she would just love to join a pop superstar on the road. She’s so excited to be given the opportunity.

The Problem: Liz is controversial. There are questions as to whether she holds any racial or homophobic prejudices. Recently she retweeted Joseph Khan’s tweet comparing the BeyHive to terrorists. In addition, one of her tweet replies has her saying “see you tonight, f*****”. She claims that the retweet was not racially driven and she simply likes Khan’s work with Taylor Swift and doesn’t agree with the Beyoncé comparisons, and that her tweet was allowed because the person she tweeted is her best friend, who is also gay. Some furious fans have already written to the label in protest of hiring Liz based on these allegations. 

Lucy (F) [22]

Lucy has lived in the U.S. all her life. Her parents are Asian and moved to the U.S. a few years before having Lucy. She grew up going to one of the most prestigious schools and studied dance there. Her parents even helped her get into various productions, and even on some tours with some local musical artists when she was finishing high school. She went to one of the best universities and came out with a distinction. She has a very close relationship with her mom and dad.

The Problem: Lucy’s dad is not coping very well. It seems that he’s taken a heart attack and the doctors are saying that because of his condition, he might not have long left to live. Lucy is the closest to him and is worried sick. Her mother says that if he does pass, she will likely be inconsolable and will have to quit any projects she’s on for quite a while. Maybe now just isn’t the right time…  

Bethany (F) [24]

Bethany has returned. Since appearing on last year’s dancer challenge, she’s been given work through many of you; including starring in music videos by Adam Levine and Katy Perry. She grew up in Scotland and was the life and soul of the party. She stated that her favourite music is “anything with a beat”.

The Problem: After working on some music videos, she was preparing to go on a tour with one of the artists she was dancing for. Unfortunately, while out partying, she fell and broke her leg. The doctors say that the cast must stay on for another four weeks at least, and when it comes off, she’ll have very little time for rehearsals. And that’s if everything goes well.

Male Dancer #1: Elias (follow him on ig https://www.instagram.com/manurios/)
beWnQ3O.jpg

Male Dancer #2: Chris
E490lYM.jpg

Male Dancer #3: Sam
DdRdPjl.jpg

Male Dancer #4: Matthew

golzrQj.jpg

MALE DANCER DESCRIPTIONS

Spoiler

Elias (M) [20]

Elias was born in the USA twenty years ago. At the age of six, they left America for Spain, where he then grew up through his teen years. His parents say that he always loved to dance, even as a young child. They are incredibly wealthy and sent him to university at the age of seventeen to study dance; paying for his tuition and accommodation and basically anything he needed. The university was in America. He’s just now gotten his results.

The Problem: Unfortunately for Elias, growing up so mollycoddled made him susceptible to being a little bit lazy and not taking things as seriously as he should. He failed one of his modules in his final year and no resits were available.  He’s now looking for a dancing gig without any qualifications to support him.

Chris (M) [32]

Chris is a thirty-two-year-old guy and the years haven’t been kind to him. He loved to dance as a kid, then as a youngster and still as an adult. While supporting a regular career-based strategy of going to university for an ‘acceptable’ subject; English Literature. Upon reaching twenty-six, he realised that actually all he wants to do is follow his dreams and studied at a dance college’s opt-in program for two years; and came away with the highest honours from it.

The Problem: Despite Chris’ success at dance college, no one really knows where it went wrong. Maybe it’s because he’s a bit older now and the dancers in the 30-year-old range are already populous and employers are looking for younger, fresh blood. 32… and still growing up now. All he really wants is a chance.

Sam (M) [23]

Sam, a twenty-three-year-old dude from Liverpool, is a very well-liked and very friendly guy. As a child, his parents used to take him on boat trips to Sweden. There, he met plenty of locals who remembered him each time he went. One local even taught him to dance. Nowadays, he’s even more wild. On a recent holiday with a group of friends, it’s said that while drunk he got his goods out every single night. It’s just a shame that the friend, who had a crush on him, couldn’t make it that year. Fortunately, he’s never forgot his passion as a youngster, and wants to follow a dance career. He’s had a few gigs and some experience but wants the chance to make it big.

The Problem: His drinking exposed, not only his modesty, but also an inner-problem. He’s struggling with an alcohol addiction; which could be a problem for long-term gigs. In addition, an alcoholic support group has written to your label stating that outright banning alcohol is not the way to manage this, as it’s a violation of his worker’s rights and could cause some emotional trauma. Something would need to be planned to avoid this problem, if Sam is hired.

Matthew (M) [25]

Matthew was born in the U.S.A. and has lived there all his life. He struggled a lot growing up, having to deal with stereotypes and prejudice. But he’s never let it get to him, as he’s very friendly and assertively confident. He’s now 25 and is trained fully as a dancer and has been on a few gigs.

The Problem: Around the age of 23, he was struggling to find work, and did some construction jobs on the side. Unfortunately, these jobs had a negative effect on his health and now he struggles with Asthma. It’s not curable but it’s manageable. His doctor advises him that while he can continue to dance, overpowering physical routines should be avoided; and only places with clear air should be considered. Fog machines are out of the question. 

Option 2: Create Your Costume

Spoiler

Model Heidi Klum has invited you all to her annual Halloween bash. 

We all know that Heidi is the queen of Halloween costumes so this is your chance to show what you've got. 

Everyone who attends the party must be in costume so for this challenge you will all be given a budget and must create a costume with said budget. 

Your costume can be anything you choose. You do not need to sketch out any clothes for this challenge. You may sketch the final look if you want but you need to actually find physical items online.

You will have a budget of $1000/£760

THE REQUIREMENTS

What is your chosen costume? (Vampire, Hooker, Adam Levine's Gaping Asshole, etc.)

All the individual clothing items you found online as well as their prices and where you found them

A detailed price breakdown included the price of each individual item and the price of the completed costume

Stay within your budget and make the most of it. If you have a lot of money left over explain why you didn't use it.

CHANEL #1    53,806
10 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

can't wait for my FOTP ads to become all fashion stores again dd!

mck.gif

Just think of @Shiver's ads after all the jockstraps and stuff he's used in past fashion challenges lmfao2 

Habits    25,913
42 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Just think of @Shiver's ads after all the jockstraps and stuff he's used in past fashion challenges lmfao2 

I am screaming over this 

RihannaRTT    78,817
8 hours ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I'll be adding all the Dancer Info shortly. Don't come for me. I meant to hit "Preview" but accidentally hit "Submit"

At least you were just copy and pasting from my word document 

mck.gif

(Not you adding an insta link for one of them, a mess. @Hyun. about to use one of last's years ones as an avi teas)

Shiver    36,103
10 hours ago, CHANEL #1 said:

9 hours ago, Habits said:

I am screaming over this 

Y'all act like I don't google that anyway

Liam    40,941

omg istg thank god for the Halloween costume challenge cos I despise the dancer one

Whqf3UJ.gif 

RihannaRTT    78,817
2 hours ago, barbiej33p said:

I already know what to do sass4

Where do I submit my required questions jj2 

when  ur challenge is ready, send it to me, Chanel #1 and Habits by PM gaycat1 

barbiej33p    3,641
4 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

when  ur challenge is ready, send it to me, Chanel #1 and Habits by PM gaycat1 

Last question because the info thread didnt really specify but uhm
Can I send it text based brit10 Should I include some visuals brit10

RihannaRTT    78,817
20 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

Last question because the info thread didnt really specify but uhm
Can I send it text based brit10 Should I include some visuals brit10

Any entry can be sent text based but visuals are always helpful.

For the fashion challenge, visuals are required coz we need to see the outfits themselves and we need links to the pages on the online stores too. 

barbiej33p    3,641
14 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Any entry can be sent text based but visuals are always helpful.

For the fashion challenge, visuals are required coz we need to see the outfits themselves and we need links to the pages on the online stores too. 

And can i release a brand new single to use for the dancer challenge? I want to do a music video