Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LittleDudeNT5

Do You Honestly Think…?

Do you honestly think…?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. She'll have another #1?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have another Top 5/Top10 Hit?

• Yes, Top 5
    • Yes, Top 10
    • No

That Mariah will have another #1 single or another hit?

Personally, I think her status with the general public has diminished enough that she won't another #1. Which is fine, considering she had an incredibly good run. 18 number ones over 18 years – which is insane. But she hasn't really been making music that resonates with the GP and the charts at the moment. Not to mention, even if she is making good music, the GP always trashes artists when they get to be a certain age, unfortunately. It's just the way it goes.

That being said, I would say it's possible for her to get another Top 10 hit, depending on what she does musically. I think if she worked with a popular male artist (like The Weeknd or something) and made a rather "regular" pop song (without too much R&B or Hip Hop influences) and she kept her vocals rather simple, she might be able to snatch another hit. But I think it would have to be a collaboration with someone… Something like #Beautiful, but 10x more catchy. The last hit Madonna had was 4 Minutes, and that was partly because it was a duet with Justin Timberlake and she was working with popular producers at the time, too. So I think Mariah's sort of in the same boat and would need a similar situation.

It would need to be really good, though.

What do you think?

I used to firmly believe she had atleast 5 more #1s in her future, but over the past years that number has dwindled down to a 2 maybe even just one. A star of her stature, if she really played her cards right, she could really nab another #1. It's much more easier now than ever, she just needs to break in the streaming market. Also even though we all hate Stella, she has a very aggressive approach in managing Mariah so hopefully she pulls through and gets her a 3rd Song of The Decade in a row. sia1 

Plus had she promoted #Beautiful enough or even promoted her Unforgettable Remix she could've had another #1 to her name. 

I think she has one more left in her, if she played all of her cards right, got literally everything right and luck was on her side. 

I do think she'll have an easier time scoring another Top 10 though, that's more fessable, but it would be attained under the same circumstances. 

#1 is definitely not out of reach with All I Want For Christmas Is You imo. It's just a matter of when because Mariah's team has been pushing the damn song everywhere these past few years and it's been gaining so much traction. Though I doubt she'll get the number one this year, I think it's possible for her to get it sometime down the road with the song, since the song has its own life now.

Surprisingly, her streaming numbers have been perfectly fine for someone of her stature, considering how lengthy her career has been. She definitely has a shot if she wants to, but I can see that her priorities has changed over the years due to her kids really. A top 10 is definitely reachable tho.

5 hours ago, Sylk said:

Also even though we all hate Stella, she has a very aggressive approach in managing Mariah so hopefully she pulls through and gets her a 3rd Song of The Decade in a row. sia1 

One thing I dislike about Stella is that she doesn't have a solid direction when it comes to Mariah. It feels like she's just being aggressive by throwing her to whatever stuff and hope that it sticks. She literally books random shit for her to do like that Premier Cosmetics and this one random hotel promo that I saw the other day. Some of the few things that went on to be successful imo has to be her MAC partnership, the SSFT tour, and her Hallmark channel partnership (though I thought it was a horrible idea at the time). Those three things really stuck out for me as successful deals, and I think she's gonna partner with MAC and Hallmark once again this Christmas, which is great. Personally, I feel like she should get a manager that's focused on just expanding her music career and let Stella become her business manager or something.

That would be great because from what I've noticed, I feel like Stella's negotiations are making it difficult for Mariah to book slots. We need to have someone who's able to build relationships with other channels, because at this moment, I feel like Stella is burning more bridges than she is building them tbh.

7 hours ago, Sylk said:

Plus had she promoted #Beautiful enough or even promoted her Unforgettable Remix she could've had another #1 to her name. 

#Beautiful, maybe, but idk about Unforgettable. Beautiful is wonderful, but every time I listen to it I'm always left wanting a bit more. If we got a bridge and a final, more bombastic chorus, it would have been pretty fantastic. Like, the last minute is the outro....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.