Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Darth Sidious

Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie reveal that Harvey Weinstein harassed them as well.

Image result for Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Harvey Weinstein

When Gwyneth Paltrow was 22 years old, she got a role that would take her from actress to star: The film producer Harvey Weinstein hired her for the lead in the Jane Austen adaptation “Emma.” Before shooting began, he summoned her to his suite at the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for a work meeting that began uneventfully.

It ended with Mr. Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting they head to the bedroom for massages, she said.

“I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified,” she said in an interview, publicly disclosing that she was sexually harassed by the man who ignited her career and later helped her win an Academy Award.

She refused his advances, she said, and confided in Brad Pitt, her boyfriend at the time. Mr. Pitt confronted Mr. Weinstein, and soon after, the producer warned her not to tell anyone else about his come-on. “I thought he was going to fire me,” she said.

Angelina Jolie, who said that during the release of “Playing by Heart” in the late 1990s, he made unwanted advances on her in a hotel room, which she rejected.

“I had a bad experience with Harvey Weinstein in my youth, and as a result, chose never to work with him again and warn others when they did,” Ms. Jolie said in an email to the New York Times. “This behavior towards women in any field, any country is unacceptable.”

Within the last week, Weinstein, who was once described by Meryl Streep as "God" (though the film legend issued a stinging public rebuke of Weinstein on Monday), has been accused of assaulting, or attempting to assault more than 20 women, including Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ashley Judd, Rose McGowan and Asia Argento, with Argento admitting that Weinstein raped her in the late 1990s, and McGowan alluding to Weinstein raping her in the mid-1990s. 

And most devastating of all to Weinstein: a leaked tape of him attempting to coerce Italian Model Ambra Gutierrez, even admitting to groping the 24 year old. 

Warning: Audio may be distrubing to some listeners

Spoiler

Source (1)

14 minutes ago, Kali said:

I'm reading these articles, scrolling and scrolling, the list of victims coming forward is staggering. And that's only a tiny fraction of women who've gone public. Predatory pig.

Oh there's more, much more, probably hundreds if I was a betting man - he's been, objectively, one of the most powerful people in film for twenty-five years. 

But it's nothing less than he deserves to have all of this happen to him. 

13 minutes ago, Mamacita said:

Oh there's more, much more, probably hundreds if I was a betting man - he's been, objectively, one of the most powerful people in film for twenty-five years. 

But it's nothing less than he deserves to have all of this happen to him. 

It certainly looks that way. There's also the matter of the company itself providing a complicit system for him orchestrate and get away with it so long. He deserves much harsher punishment than a public lashing and firing. 

Just now, Kali said:

It certainly looks that way. There's also the matter of the company itself providing a complicit system for him orchestrate and get away with it so long. He deserves much harsher punishment than a public lashing and firing. 

Well, he deserves to be hung up by his heels, but I doubt we'll get that. 

He deserves prison, hopefully someone has the courage to come forward with something that'll send him there. 

It’s a sad reality that he represents a LOT of men in the entertainment industry. The casting couch is a very real thing unfortunately and many actors and actresses stay silent on the matter because if they do, Hollywood will blackball them. It’s really messed up and vile and even one of the main reasons why a lot of celebrities say they never want their children to enter the industry.

53 minutes ago, THEM said:

Remember this Weinstein distributed documentary? mad3 

MV5BNjc4Mjk3ODgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc3

Remember when I told y'all that the Weinstein company was shady as fuck and buys awards? mad3 

Now im wondering, isnt that the cover of "Till It Hapens to You"? Did it come from this movie or something because it looks awfully familiar

5 minutes ago, *MOONFLOWER* said:

Now im wondering, isnt that the cover of "Till It Hapens to You"? Did it come from this movie or something because it looks awfully familiar

Yup. It came from this movie. 

18 minutes ago, *MOONFLOWER* said:

its the exact same image jj2 

8 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

Is it good? I just looked it up and I wanna watch it jj3 

That's not the point sis...

The point is:

The Weinstein Company used this documentary to apparently raise awareness for rape and its victims and a certain someone went out of their way to promote it.

As it turns out, the guy who founded this project and distributed is a sexual predator himself! ny4 

Just now, THEM said:

That's not the point sis...

The point is:

The Weinstein Company used this documentary to apparently raise awareness for rape and its victims and a certain someone went out of their way to promote it.

As it turns out, the guy who founded this project and distributed is a sexual predator himself! ny4 

I get the point I just wanted to watch it jj4 nevermind though I won't waste my time with it brit10

Charlize Theron in an interview to the Empire magazine during Hancock promotion mentioned a meeting with a director at his home, who opened the door wearing his bathrobe, so she became abnormally angered, punched him and left. Now I think it was him whit1

Jennifer Lawrence keeps clutching those fake Oscars and saying nothing rih9

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.