Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Which Madonna album took you the longest to get into?

15 hours ago, Saiga said:

because crapish, dear jessie and love song (yes downvote me) are considered talent

Yes. wendy1 

15 hours ago, Taylor said:

Dear Jessie is good though tina1

I can’t really defend the other two since one is unlistenable and I only like the last minute of LS

Unlistenable? orly1  eve1 

18 hours ago, Angelus said:

Depends how you look at it, i listened both ROL and Music back in the day because i loved Frozen and Music and my friend's dad is stan so he had albums, and i was so bored dead4 i remember hating DW only because of its title, hating Music because of country visuals dead4 And then years later they slayed me jj2 

But overall probably Like a Prayer, for years it was my least favorite album. I only really started getting into it last year when i bought it and started listening to it while reading lyrics, i still don't love it tho. It still doesn't feel like Madonna album to me, but hey at least it's not my least favorite album anymore...

Before i first listened it expected to hear more dark rockier songs like LAP, not Crapish and Dear Jessie J. Only song that kinda ended up being what i expected from this album is Spanish Eyes, I only really love LAP from that album...

Just writing this made me hate album again...

Jesus, I thought I was the only one not feeling anything towards this album.

11 hours ago, Sylk said:

Definitely some of her later albums like Hard Candy, MDNA & Rebel Heart. mad5 

You're not supposed to "get into them". You're supposed to google a recycling plant for plastic and bring the copies to it, and contribute to helping the planet that's overwhelmed by plastic things moo4

19 minutes ago, Angelus said:

Well, disgust is a feeling flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

rip2

I'm not disgusted by this album (except for Cherish naturally), it's just a universally accepted number 1 album, opus schmopus, "deep" and I'm like orly1

I loved RoL all my life, and there is no way LAP songs surpass the "deep" RoL and Music songs,I think.

1 hour ago, Vertigo-go said:

I'm not disgusted by this album (except for Cherish naturally), it's just a universally accepted number 1 album, opus schmopus, "deep" and I'm like orly1

I loved RoL all my life, and there is no way LAP songs surpass the "deep" RoL and Music songs,I think.

But the same could be said for ROL. wendy1 

Just now, Nocturn said:

That it is  universally accepted number 1 album. eve1 

Oh! I thought so, but recent articles we had here, even though subjective of course, were all praising LAP to high heavens, and I was like not feeling it!

Yeah Like A Prayer for me too.  I've loved Madonna for more than half my life but I only this year finally was able to listen to it on a road trip and admit that it's good.  I still prefer her debut and TB as far as 80s albums, but I appreciate this as easily her most experimental and audacious 80s album.  Like A Prayer, Promise to Try, and Oh Father break me, and even Dear Jessie works when it segues into Oh Father.  They compliment each other--weirdly.  Spanish Eyes too is so good.  I hated EY for years too before finally falling for it.  Love Song is vile but weirdly catchy, too.  Act of Contrition is an abomination and is embarrassing though... what a reverse-Warholian pre-Gaga-but-Gaga absurd thing to have done. awk1 Spanish Eyes would have been a sublime way to end the album but she had to put that trash there instead.  Ugh.

Erotica I try but still just can't stand over the course of the whole album.  The title track (both the original and the Confessions Tour version) and Deeper and Deeper are two of my favorite songs of hers, and I love Rain too, and get into a few others, but listening to the whole album is torture.  I don't know if she's ever made an album that recycled the same sounds so ineffectively.  It's cohesive to a fault.

Still waiting to give a shit about Like A Virgin... Maybe I will someday.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:34 PM, Angelus said:

Depends how you look at it, i listened both ROL and Music back in the day because i loved Frozen and Music and my friend's dad is stan so he had albums, and i was so bored dead4 i remember hating DW only because of its title, hating Music because of country visuals dead4 And then years later they slayed me jj2 

But overall probably Like a Prayer, for years it was my least favorite album. I only really started getting into it last year when i bought it and started listening to it while reading lyrics, i still don't love it tho. It still doesn't feel like Madonna album to me, but hey at least it's not my least favorite album anymore...

Before i first listened it expected to hear more dark rockier songs like LAP, not Crapish and Dear Jessie J. Only song that kinda ended up being what i expected from this album is Spanish Eyes, I only really love LAP from that album...

Just writing this made me hate album again...

On 10/10/2017 at 7:49 PM, Saiga said:

Like A Prayer, but I still don't really love it.

I agree with both of these. The album just doesn’t live up to the hype that surrounds it, and I still have a hard time really enjoying it.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:11 AM, Vertigo-go said:

You're not supposed to "get into them". You're supposed to google a recycling plant for plastic and bring the copies to it, and contribute to helping the planet that's overwhelmed by plastic things moo4

That is what I and most of the GP did with Xtina's whole discography trash1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.