Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Galaxy

Worthless nazi supports child rape, defends brother in court

Lawyer: Nicki Minaj is backing her brother "100 percent," and "might attend part of the trial"

Jury selection starts Wednesday in the child rape case against the brother of award-winning rapper Nicki Minaj — a trial in which in the Baldwin man will have his superstar sister’s full support, according to his defense lawyer.

Authorities arrested Jelani Maraj, then 37, in December 2015, accusing him of a predatory sexual assault on a child. He has pleaded not guilty.

At the time, a source identified the man as Minaj’s brother and also told Newsday the alleged victim was 12 years old.

On Tuesday, state Supreme Court Justice Robert McDonald dropped a less serious felony count against Maraj at the prosecution’s request during a pretrial court conference in Mineola in Nassau County Court.

Court records show Maraj still faces an additional felony charge of second-degree course of sexual conduct and a misdemeanor count of acting in a manner likely to injure a child.

The prosecution revealed in court Tuesday they’ll present pajama pants that allegedly have the defendant’s DNA in the groin area as evidence in the case.

Maraj, who is free on $100,000 bond, made an obscene gesture at a news camera and ignored a request for comment after leaving the Mineola courtroom.

His attorney, David Schwartz of Garden City, said his client — who’s facing up to life in prison if convicted of the top count — would be acquitted and was looking forward to the trial.

“These are a bunch of lies,” he said of the charges. “There’s a big, big motive to lie here which I can’t get into right now. But these are false accusations.”

Schwartz said Minaj was backing her brother “absolutely, 100 percent. ” He said she wouldn’t be in court Wednesday but might attend part of the trial.

Are we pretending to be shocked? Discuss.

As a survivor of sexual assault, this whole mess with her defending her child rapist of a brother was the last straw when it comes to me supporting her. I cannot and will not support anyone who commits such a horrid act, enables it, or defends a perpetrator's actions. I'm absolutely disgusted with Onika; I get that he's family, but honey, if my brother was a child rapist, I would rather have that sick fuck in jail than anywhere near me or my future kids. 

I really wish her stans would look at this more often and speak out against it, I don't see enough of it.

You shouldn't call just anyone a Nazi, I think. It sort of takes away the severity and specifics of actual nazi scumbags.

That being said, Nicki is her own version of scumbag if this is true. Gross and unethical. If it isn't true she needs to speak out immediately.

Waiting for another Remy Ma diss track. Who can come back after being called a rapist-pedophile sympathizer? trash1 bye Nicki.

4 hours ago, Law said:

As a survivor of sexual assault, this whole mess with her defending her child rapist of a brother was the last straw when it comes to me supporting her. I cannot and will not support anyone who commits such a horrid act, enables it, or defends a perpetrator's actions. I'm absolutely disgusted with Onika; I get that he's family, but honey, if my brother was a child rapist, I would rather have that sick fuck in jail than anywhere near me or my future kids. 

I really wish her stans would look at this more often and speak out against it, I don't see enough of it.

Finally someone said it. The Barbz who have the audacity to defend Nicki when she gets dragged for this need to take their fave's advice and hang it up flatscreen (and I don't mean suicide, but taking the long-overdue L and admitting they were wrong). It's really just pathetic at this point.

As a former fan of hers from years ago, NO celebrity is worth jumping through hoops and sacrificing your morals to defend. We don't even know these people and shouldn't be vouching for them like they're gods when they could be complete assholes in private (and publicly in some cases but people are blinded by stan goggles). There are no exceptions and defending a child molester transcends the realm of being a mere "problematic fave." I've shredded stan cards for much less than this. It's ridiculous how Twitter and Tumblr laud Nicki as a feminist icon because she told her fans to stay in school once, and completely ignore the evidence that she doesn't really give a shit (the most obvious example being in the OP).

I feel like I always get dragged when I talk about this on here, but I don't care anymore because at least I have a clean conscience. My heart breaks for the victim and I hope justice is served.

"I got a few words for the moms of the young Barbz. Guess who supports a child molester? Nicki Minaj."

She has already been exposed for body shaming, mocking of disabled people and starting homophobic rants. It wouldn't be a surprise if her pathetic ass somewhat pulls the race card and plays the victim like she did many times before trash1  

Just now, Monster said:

Although I don't agree with her stance in the situation posted in the article, I don't think throwing around the term Nazi is acceptable either. rih9 

I don't agree with the term either, but focus on the main topic at hand. Deflection at its best.. wendy4

1 minute ago, Law said:

I don't agree with the term either, but focus on the main topic at hand. Deflection at its best.. wendy4

Oh I didn't mean to make it come across as if I was deflecting from the main point, I just wanted to state how aimlessly throwing around the term Nazi shouldn't be acceptable.

On topic, I am sad to hear about this. While it is coming from a second-hand source, all I can hope for is that it is just a rumor.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.