Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Do you feel TROLLED by single/video versions

Fleetwood Mac waited 30 years to release the video version of Gypsy rip1 Paloma Faith and Gwen Stefani used interesting intros in their Sophie Muller-directed music videos, that weren't available on the single. Arcade Fire released a radio version of Reflektor but made their fans suffer by only letting them buy/stream the 6+ minute album version ny12  Marina & the Cubic Zirconias didn't have enough budget for a 5-min vid for Froot so cut it short instead (but tbh I preferred that version for a little biT jj2)

I'm currently seething at St. Vincent for not releasing a single/video version of Los Slaygeless mad12 I need that extra chorus at the end, if I wanted whispering repetition, honey, I'd be checking Selena mad12 

Does anyone else get salty about this issue? sha1 

Usually single versions cut off like the entire instrumental intro, because there is this school of thought going, that people need to hear the lyrics asap, otherwise they lose interest and turn off the radio jj4

So yeah, I'd say I prefer the album versions, especially Kylie Minogue's Shocked and Vadge's Express Yourself.

1 hour ago, Dash My Wig said:

Marina & the Cubic Zirconias

dead2 this got me (although I highly prefer the 5 minute album version tbh)

Anyway, YES, it's annoying on both sides of the coin. Sometimes I hate the video version and wished they would have just used the original track, and sometimes it's vice versa. Sometimes video "mixes" are really good, and it's a shame when they aren't released.

2 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

dead2 this got me (although I highly prefer the 5 minute album version tbh)

Anyway, YES, it's annoying on both sides of the coin. Sometimes I hate the video version and wished they would have just used the original track, and sometimes it's vice versa. Sometimes video "mixes" are really good, and it's a shame when they aren't released.

I think if you've taken the time to make a new mix for the video, you may as well release it - especially since most music debuts via Youtube these days and therefore fans and stans will hear that version first. 

3 minutes ago, Maraj said:

Ugh yes and 90% of the time the video version sounds so much better too. dead1 

This cry6 I can't think of an example where the video version was actually WORSE 

8 minutes ago, Hylia said:

This bothers me so much. The video version of What It Feels Like For a Girl is so good, but I’m not gonna buy the video just so I can listen to the audio in the background. jj4 

Remember when you had to buy the CD Rom single with 3 irrelevant remixes just to get the video version? And you had to wait 3 years for your shitty Windows 2000 computer to load the fucking thing and the quality was always terrible? jj4 

6 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

Usually single versions cut off like the entire instrumental intro, because there is this school of thought going, that people need to hear the lyrics asap, otherwise they lose interest and turn off the radio jj4

So yeah, I'd say I prefer the album versions, especially Kylie Minogue's Shocked and Vadge's Express Yourself.

Oh does the single version of Shocked cut off that kind of chugging intro before the 90s house piano kicks in? I know what you mean, actually - I can't think of an example now but sometimes the single version is too instant whereas the album version is like relaxing into a nice hot bath. 

1 minute ago, Dash My Wig said:

Oh does the single version of Shocked cut off that kind of chugging intro before the 90s house piano kicks in? I know what you mean, actually - I can't think of an example now but sometimes the single version is too instant whereas the album version is like relaxing into a nice hot bath. 

Yeah! That piano is present on some remixes. I think Like a Prayer also cut off an intro, and basically any song that starts with, god forbid, 20 seconds of intro, just starts with a scream, on the radio jay1

I stan What it Feels like for a Girl tour remix, but for some reason I'm not sure if it's been released. I'll check.

4 minutes ago, Dash My Wig said:

Remember when you had to buy the CD Rom single with 3 irrelevant remixes just to get the video version? And you had to wait 3 years for your shitty Windows 2000 computer to load the fucking thing and the quality was always terrible? jj4 

OMG I have those scream1

And I'm yet to try them out on a new laptop, but even my old computer had such a horrible quality, I'm not sure what their aim was there rip2 Video CD released in 2002 for WIn 95 systems? um2

17 minutes ago, Hylia said:

This bothers me so much. The video version of What It Feels Like For a Girl is so good, but I’m not gonna buy the video just so I can listen to the audio in the background. jj4 

Stan Madonna's best song cry6

3 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

OMG I have those scream1

And I'm yet to try them out on a new laptop, but even my old computer had such a horrible quality, I'm not sure what their aim was there rip2 Video CD released in 2002 for WIn 95 systems? um2

scream1 I used to buy some just because there was a hot guy in the video and my thirsty teenage arse didn't have the internet at home at the time. 

And same, I've never tried using them since Youtube became a thing, but it used to be an obsession of mine to "own" good music videos on CD. I was always pissed that The Cardigans cancelled the release of this because I wanted the video on disc:

11 minutes ago, Dash My Wig said:

omg I remember doing that on Win 98 rip3 video singles were the worst - it was a fucking slideshow rip2 

7 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

Yeah! That piano is present on some remixes. I think Like a Prayer also cut off an intro, and basically any song that starts with, god forbid, 20 seconds of intro, just starts with a scream, on the radio jay1

I stan What it Feels like for a Girl tour remix, but for some reason I'm not sure if it's been released. I'll check.

I mean I can understand radio mixes being shorter because they have time restrictions (although radio stations always brutalise ABBA's The Name of the Game) but why shorten it in the video? Unless your budget is $40 which on certain videos is apparent when the last 30 seconds of the song is in a different setting or just a basic one-frame shot rip4 

Just now, #VaccinesMakeKidsAutistic said:

omg I remember doing that on Win 98 rip3 video singles were the worst - it was a fucking slideshow rip2 

I vaguely remember slideshows of album promo shoots with snippets of music to promote other songs on the album. What were video singles though?

Just now, Dash My Wig said:

I vaguely remember slideshows of album promo shoots with snippets of music to promote other songs on the album. What were video singles though?

they were on DVDs actually and contained some music videos but they were hell of a mess on old operating systems rip3

2 minutes ago, R A D A R O U T S O L D said:

Marina did it because 5.09 is too long, the interludes were the only parts of the song that she could cut that without affecting the meaning of the song....

But you're probably right lol.  we gotta give that bitch the coins she deserves JqJmlMPb.gif

Not when Lana, Gags and others make 10-hour epics on the reg... but agrih Marina is the most tragically slept on star of our times alex1 

omg yes this always pisses me off

katy did it with thinking of you and when i was really young, this band called busted did it with this song called air hostess and obv there was no way to get the audio of the video then rip3 

2 minutes ago, R A D A R O U T S O L D said:

^^ THIS.... I feel so sad about her to be honest, no even her forum is active, let alone the satnbase here yOgqAFIs.jpg

She has a forum? rip3 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.