Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hermione

Cara Delevingne shares her experience with Harvey Weinstein

3 minutes ago, Hylia said:

What a disgusting man. Someone send him to prison immediately awk1 

He flew to Europe and checked into rehab for "sex addiction," aka he's on the run from more incriminating stories that have yet to come out and he's laying low for a little while while brainstorming his comeback. It's exactly what Polanski did.

4 minutes ago, Hylia said:

What a disgusting man. Someone send him to prison immediately awk1 

Eventually someone will come forward with something that can be used to send him to prison. He's always been an unethical scumbag, even before this, it's only a matter of time. 

12 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

I don't want to detract from the victim's suffering but how dumb could he have been to assault so many high profile people? The amount of celebrity's that were targeted he surely must have assumed someone would eventually come forward. 

Because he's high-profile himself, and gave a lot of these women their careers. :/

No matter how famous they are, they can still get blacklisted from the industry by studio executives for speaking up. He probably thought he was untouchable and counted on them staying quiet for the sake of their careers. Thankfully they have strength in numbers, and are coming forward anyway.

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Because he's high-profile himself, and gave a lot of these women their careers. :/

No matter how famous they are, they can still get blacklisted from the industry by studio executives for speaking up. He probably thought he was untouchable and counted on them staying quiet for the sake of their careers.

Oh I see. I remember Rose McGowan mentioned in the past being blacklisted from Hollywood around the turn of the century before she went on Charmed. I wonder if it was in connection with this because we know she was a) a victim of Harvey's and b) stifled the first time she tried to speak up?

2 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

Oh I see. I remember Rose McGowan mentioned in the past being blacklisted from Hollywood around the turn of the century before she went on Charmed. I wonder if it was in connection with this because we know she was a) a victim of Harvey's and b) stifled the first time she tried to speak up?

Definitely. She's been tweeting about the whole scandal nonstop and she's even been going in on Matt Damon and Ben Affleck too for pretending they didn't try to help him hide his harassment. dead1

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Definitely. She's been tweeting about the whole scandal nonstop and she's even been going in on Matt Damon and Ben Affleck too for pretending they didn't try to help him hide his harassment. dead1

I've always sympathized with her. The past couple years the media have made her out to be just an 'angry woman' but after learning more about the treatment of women in Hollywood it's obvious why she'd be bitter. Kii, I hope she continues to come for the beloved male stars who always sell themselves as a beacon of feminism.  

20 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

I don't want to detract from the victim's suffering but how dumb could he have been to assault so many high profile people? The amount of celebrity's that were targeted he surely must have assumed someone would eventually come forward. 

He was, objectively one of the most powerful men in the business until this, he could blackball any accuser that dared step forward. When he said that he could destroy careers, it was something that he could back up, that was how he could attempt to assault Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie, and rape Rose McGowan and not have to face the consequences for 20 years, until an investigative reporter finally grow the balls to expose it. It didn't help that he had scumbags like Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Russel Crowe  helping him cover it up.  

Just now, Courtney Love said:

I've always sympathized with her. The past couple years the media have made her out to be just an 'angry woman' but after learning more about the treatment of women in Hollywood it's obvious why she'd be bitter. Kii, I hope she continues to come for the beloved male stars who are always sell themselves as a beacon of feminism.  

A lot of the statements being put out by the men of Hollywood are just empty platitudes and lip service, and people are praising them for doing the absolute least. I haven't seen a single man say anything nearly as bold as Rose. I like her too, and I think she's misunderstood. She's assertive and doesn't fall in line, and a lot of people don't like that.

13 minutes ago, Hermione said:

A lot of the statements being put out by the men of Hollywood are just empty platitudes and lip service, and people are praising them for doing the absolute least. I haven't seen a single man say anything nearly as bold as Rose. I like her too, and I think she's misunderstood. She's assertive and doesn't fall in line, and a lot of people don't like that.

The backlash following her comments concerning gay misogyny was ridiculous; being labeled homophobic when she has done nothing but support our community put the writing on the wall - we were called out and didn't like it. I met her a couple years ago and she was one of the most interesting people I've spoken to. I originally approached her because I love Charmed but have been following her social media presence since then.

3 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

The backlash following her comments concerning gay misogyny was ridiculous; being labeled homophobic when she has done nothing but support our community put the writing on the wall - we were called out and didn't like it. I met her a couple years ago and she was one of the most interesting people I've spoken to. I originally approached her because I love Charmed but have been following her social media presence since then.

You're so lucky to have met her! What did you guys talk about?

And yeah, she was completely right about that but people didn't want to hear it. They were too busy playing oppression Olympics to listen to what she was saying and realize that she was making valid points.

21 minutes ago, Hermione said:

You're so lucky to have met her! What did you guys talk about?

And yeah, she was completely right about that but people didn't want to hear it. They were too busy playing oppression Olympics to listen to what she was saying and realize that she was making valid points.

When I first went up I did the usual fan babble about Charmed and then thanked her for supporting the gay community (one of my idols as a young kid being so vocal about it always had an effect on me so I let her know). She actually took it in the direction of women's rights and asked if I'd support it; it came off more like a joke but you could tell she was serious about it. She was lecturing about it being the time for women, and that assertiveness even towards a fan puts people off whereas I respect it. She was really nice and welcoming when it was my turn to talk but had enough gall to bring up her point of view to a random that approached her. I love when she calls other celebrity's out or cusses people down on social media.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.