Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Darth Sidious

Harvey Weinstein hires criminal defense attorneys to personal legal team

Blair Berk, an attorney who has previously represented Mel Gibson and Lindsay Lohan, is hired by the embattled movie mogul.

Disgraced former studio boss Harvey Weinstein has hired noted criminal defense attorney Blair Berk to his personal legal team. 

Although many of the accusations against Mr. Weinstein stretch back many years, there is no statute of limitations on rape in the State of New York. Despite the fact that there is no indication of any investigation into his behavior, by authorities in New York and Los Angeles - Weinstein appears to be bracing for the worst in the torrent of accusers that are now coming forward against him. 

Berk is a West Hollywood-based attorney with a track record of representing famous stars in trouble. Her past clients include Mel Gibson, Lindsay Lohan, Kiefer Sutherland and Kanye West. Despite representing famous individuals, the Harvard-trained attorney prefers to stay under the radar. She once told CNN, "In my 20 years of practice, I have never once found it in my client's best interest to have media coverage of their criminal case."

On the other hand, she pays attention to what's in the media. In a 2013 profile here, she was quoted as saying, "You’re not doing your job unless you have a very high degree of sophistication about how these cases are covered and how the different parties in the case will approach publicizing their position in the case."

Weinstein has also reportedly retained a second criminal attorney, David Chesnoff, but The Hollywood Reporter hasn't yet been able to confirm that engagement. Chesnoff is based in Las Vegas and has his own list of past star clientele, including Bruno Mars and Britney Spears. The attorney also represented Starz chief Chris Albrecht when the entertainment executive was running HBO and was fighting a domestic violence charge.

It's been a roster churn of lawyers for Weinstein in the past week. He's lost Lisa Bloom and Lanny Davis, but brought aboard Patty Glaser to deal with his termination from The Weinstein Company. Also by Weinstein's side is Charles Harder, who has said a defamation lawsuit against The New York Times is in the works.

Source

Her past clients include Mel Gibson

tenor.gif

What are all these women doing representing anti-semitic, racist, wife batterers ny12

I know it's her job, but she is specifically said to work with those ~stars in trouble~, goodbye ny12

Just now, Courtney Love said:

Some women just don't care ny12 

This solves nothing, but I always try to just dehumanize lawyers inside my head. Like I can't see them as people, they're all fucked. Both sides of them. The inhumane shit that goes on in courts is mind-blowing. Judges are like literal Satan rih9

16 hours ago, Vertigo-go said:

This solves nothing, but I always try to just dehumanize lawyers inside my head. Like I can't see them as people, they're all fucked. Both sides of them. The inhumane shit that goes on in courts is mind-blowing. Judges are like literal Satan rih9

She prolly works for an agency and was forced the case or saw the plethora of coin she could get from this 💀

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.