Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

Non-American users on pop relevance

No offense to any european or south american users or any one else but why do users that come from tiny countries in the corner of the world think they know

how relevant or irrelevant a certain artist is? I've seen countless users say things like "____ has like no hits in my country therefore she's irrelevant/forgotten" um3 

sweetie almost everything is irrelevant in your country. The USA is like the source for 80% of pop music and entertainment globally, always has been, so i feel like if someone is relevant in the USA/North-America then they're relevant enough, can't say the same for someone from somewhere in eastern europe or some Caribbean island kylie2 again i'm not dissing non-american users but lbr, you also have the ignorance of some users that call older urban acts "local" without knowing most urban music were local to North-America in the past. 

The USA is like the source for 80% of pop music and entertainment globally,

rih9

I'm sorry I dare to assume a person's popularity from my savage third world island tbh kylie2

For all it's worth, small countries STAN. They even stan singers that are has-beens elsewhere, but 'little countries' didn't get a memo and still bop. That's why when Juanne flops, you still see it going number one in AfghaniSTAN and Gayrocco. Gayz from 'irrelevant countries' at least have a decency to support their idols with their hard-earned, flop currency, while you all are sleeping and not supporting kylie2

Just now, Vertigo-go said:

rih9

I'm sorry I dare to assume a person's popularity from my savage third world island tbh kylie2

For all it's worth, small countries STAN. They even stan singers that are has-beens elsewhere, but 'little countries' didn't get a memo and still bop. That's why when Juanne flops, you still see it going number one in AfghaniSTAN and Gayrocco. Gayz from 'irrelevan countries' at least have a decency to support their idols with their hard-earned, flop currency, while you all are sleeping and not supporting kylie2

tea2

I wasn't calling small countries irrelevant exactly though

Except, that small country is the third most relevant music market! ayumi1 

Besides, I don’t know if you know but there is a difference between being successful AROUND THE GLOBE (even in some in your opinion “no1curr” country) and being local to the US. 

Frankly, someone from the US (where most international artists from outside of the US barely ever have success in) has less of a say about the global impact of an artist. 

well, in terms of sales the US may be 80% (actually it's not because there's UK, Germany & Japan there slaying left and right), but relevance doesn't measure in sales but rather the actual popularity in the world, and last time i checked the US accounted for 4.3% of the world population so try again sweety

45 minutes ago, #Music said:

well, in terms of sales the US may be 80% (actually it's not because there's UK, Germany & Japan there slaying left and right), but relevance doesn't measure in sales but rather the actual popularity in the world, and last time i checked the US accounted for 4.3% of the world population so try again sweety

im not just talking about sales im talking about origin and everything, most forms of modern music originate from the usa as do pop artist rih8

1 hour ago, THEM said:

Except, that small country is the third most relevant music market! ayumi1 

Besides, I don’t know if yoo know but there is a difference between being successful AROUND THE GLOBE (even in some in your opinion “no1curr” country) and being local to the US. 

Frankly, someone from the US (where most international artists from outside of the US barely ever have success in) has less of a say about the global impact of an artist. 

but how many artist from your country are known outside your country? 

2 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

but how many artist from your country are known outside your country? 

A whole fucking lot? When you make it really big in your country there is a huge chance you can make it in the entire Europe (not to mention ESC which is currently the biggest TV platform in the world to promote yourself and your music that gets bigger each year and we even invite countries from other continents like Australia to participate - we don't want US though tehe1 ). Let me remind you, that Europe has 2x more people than US. Also the fact you're talking about - are you aware it works in both ways? Someone from US doesn't have to be successful in Europe (from Top 5 biggest music markets Europe has 3 of them that still buy more music than stream; in 2016 revenue from streaming surpassed physical music sales in US just to let you know).

And by the way I can literally ask you the same question: how many artists from US are known outside of US? Basically only those that are being mentioned on this board - pop girls, alt acts and rappers so stop with this delusion. Do you think people in Europe know who is Blake Shelton, Chris Stapleton, Thomas Rhett, Migos, Lil Uzi Vert, Bhad Barbie etc? No, we fucking don't. We have our own amazing artists and we're actually buying their music so shut the fuck up.

12 minutes ago, Urbi said:

A whole fucking lot? When you make it really big in your country there is a huge chance you can make it in the entire Europe (not to mention ESC which is currently the biggest TV platform in the world to promote yourself and your music that gets bigger each year and we even invite countries from other continents like Australia to participate - we don't want US though tehe1 ). Let me remind you, that Europe has 2x more people than US. Also the fact you're talking about - are you aware it works in both ways? Someone from US doesn't have to be successful in Europe (from Top 5 biggest music markets Europe has 3 of them that still buy more music than stream; in 2016 revenue from streaming surpassed physical music sales in US just to let you know).

And by the way I can literally ask you the same question: how many artists from US are known outside of US? Basically only those that are being mentioned on this board - pop girls, alt acts and rappers so stop with this delusion. Do you think people in Europe know who is Blake Shelton, Chris Stapleton, Thomas Rhett, Migos, Lil Uzi Vert, Bhad Barbie etc? No, we fucking don't. We have our own amazing artists and we're actually buying their music so shut the fuck up.

I’m an American and I don’t even know who Chris Stapleton, Thomas Rhett, or Lil Uzi Vert are. Bless.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.