Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

Non-American users on pop relevance

1 hour ago, Urbi said:

A whole fucking lot? When you make it really big in your country there is a huge chance you can make it in the entire Europe (not to mention ESC which is currently the biggest TV platform in the world to promote yourself and your music that gets bigger each year and we even invite countries from other continents like Australia to participate - we don't want US though tehe1 ). Let me remind you, that Europe has 2x more people than US. Also the fact you're talking about - are you aware it works in both ways? Someone from US doesn't have to be successful in Europe (from Top 5 biggest music markets Europe has 3 of them that still buy more music than stream; in 2016 revenue from streaming surpassed physical music sales in US just to let you know).

And by the way I can literally ask you the same question: how many artists from US are known outside of US? Basically only those that are being mentioned on this board - pop girls, alt acts and rappers so stop with this delusion. Do you think people in Europe know who is Blake Shelton, Chris Stapleton, Thomas Rhett, Migos, Lil Uzi Vert, Bhad Barbie etc? No, we fucking don't. We have our own amazing artists and we're actually buying their music so shut the fuck up.

You dont seem to understand my point but continue to foam out the mouth i guess eve1 the point is just because someone from croatia has never heard of ___ does not mean they are irrelevant or not remembered, if people from USA never heard of a certain singer they're more likely actually irrelevant, simple. tea2 So seeing people from places with a 3 million population claim someone is irrelevant because their country hasn't heard of them is absurd.

You read that as a diss against europe(No one even mentioned eu specifically until you did) btw

Western popularity is very deceiving when we are talking about global matters, yes America + Europe have the highest rating in terms of legal music consuming but popularity is based on the impression a public figure makes on social consciousness, and who are you to dismiss the hundrends of millions, if not billions of people that these Pop stars have failed to make an impression on? You're just as irrelevant really. 

12 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

You dont seem to understand my point but continue to foam out the mouth i guess eve1 the point is just because someone from croatia has never heard of ___ does not mean they are irrelevant or not remembered, if people from USA never heard of a certain singer they're more likely actually irrelevant, simple. tea2 So seeing people from places with a 3 million population claim someone is irrelevant because their country hasn't heard of them is absurd.

You read that as a diss against europe(No one even mentioned eu specifically until you did) btw

Well, I perfectly understand your point but it’s you who seem to have some difficulties with understanding mine, lol. I’m talking about Europe as a whole cause you know... you asked @THEM about his country? That is in Europe? And maybe I am myself from Europe? And European Union exists? Almost every country has the same currency? We have open markets and so on? European Radio? ESC? Ok, you probably won’ get it cause you have your head up in your ass, so let me turn this the other way around:

Why people from Nebraska say that someone is irrelevant just because they’ve never heard of _______ ?!?! They are such a popular band in New York, and we know that most of the bands and solo artists come from NY.

Do you see know how fucking moronic your argument is? Glad you do!

If someone from Croatia (let me educate you: that’s an European country as well, lmao tehe1 ) says that someone is irrelevant because they never heard this artist/band then probably most of the Europe hasn’t heard of this certain artist either aka it’s fucking local. Nevermind how big is the market where this artist/band is successful (it can be even the biggest like US) but if it’s the only one market then people from other parts of the world have every claim to say they are irrelevant. Simple. 

If you look at YouTube views (a good measure to see popularity) artists from Latin America are slaying left and right. 

Also ever heard of the Eurovision Song Contest ? Seriously the ignorance of some American users are just sad. 

Just now, Simón. said:

Also ever heard of the Eurovision Song Contest ? Seriously the ignorance of some American users are just sad. 

Nothing is annoying me more than ignorant Americans who still think that world revolves around them in times of mass media and Internet available in almost every place on Earth wendy4 

12 hours ago, #Music said:

well, in terms of sales the US may be 80% (actually it's not because there's UK, Germany & Japan there slaying left and right), but relevance doesn't measure in sales but rather the actual popularity in the world, and last time i checked the US accounted for 4.3% of the world population so try again sweety

That'd make China and India the most relevant markets. 

14 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

No offense to any european or south american users or any one else but why do users that come from tiny countries in the corner of the world think they know

how relevant or irrelevant a certain artist is? I've seen countless users say things like "____ has like no hits in my country therefore she's irrelevant/forgotten" um3 

sweetie almost everything is irrelevant in your country. The USA is like the source for 80% of pop music and entertainment globally, always has been, so i feel like if someone is relevant in the USA/North-America then they're relevant enough, can't say the same for someone from somewhere in eastern europe or some Caribbean island kylie2 again i'm not dissing non-american users but lbr, you also have the ignorance of some users that call older urban acts "local" without knowing most urban music were local to North-America in the past. 

Go IN fall8

4 hours ago, HninSi said:

That'd make China and India the most relevant markets. 

Yes, but obviously they are local in terms of music as they have a very heavy traditional influence, so not really a pop market jj2 but definitely major music markets! Music stans are quite reycist in terms of what a relevant country is. Then taking into account just pop markets, then you have to count Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US, Japan, Europe and South America as those are markets that aren't as 'local' in terms of the music they like, if that makes any sense! Even in this case, the US accounts for a big portion of the population, but not more than 50%

5 minutes ago, #Music said:

Yes, but obviously they are local in terms of music as they have a very heavy traditional influence, so not really a pop market jj2 but definitely major music markets! Music stans are quite reycist in terms of what a relevant country is. Then taking into account just pop markets, then you have to count Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US, Japan, Europe and South America as those are markets that aren't as 'local' in terms of the music they like, if that makes any sense! Even in this case, the US accounts for a big portion of the population, but not more than 50%

I even made a thread about Teresa Teng who really really sold more than anyone dead7

7 hours ago, Urbi said:

Nothing is annoying me more than ignorant Americans who still think that world revolves around them in times of mass media and Internet available in almost every place on Earth wendy4 

a prime example, the US being referred to as "America" as if there's not an entire continent apart from them wendy4

11 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

a prime example, the US being referred to as "America" as if there's not an entire continent apart from them wendy4

we need to feel important alllll the tiimmeee

9 hours ago, Urbi said:

Sleigh clap3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.