Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Wonder

P!nk Already Slaying Before Album Even Reaches the States

So almost everyone besides North America has the new P!nk album Beautiful Trauma and they're eating it up on iTunes..do you think it will get an iTunes top 10 on debut in the US? Mama P!nk is back bitches

15 minutes ago, Angelus said:

I love her personality, she's talented. But, she's the biggest sellout and most generic/basic singer out there. rih9 

She has/had so much potential but she has literally 0 bops and even Katy Perry makes edgier music. 

The GP eats her up in the US, her music is safe enough for soccer moms to bop, but her aesthetic is "edgy" enough for people to feel cool about liking her. I think she's cool and talented as fuck even if I don't Stan her, I hope her album does well(which they always do)

28 minutes ago, Harry Styles Is Daddy said:

The GP eats her up in the US, her music is safe enough for soccer moms to bop, but her aesthetic is "edgy" enough for people to feel cool about liking her. I think she's cool and talented as fuck even if I don't Stan her, I hope her album does well(which they always do)

That's actually not that accurate. She's never been really, really big in the US. The Truth About Love was her first #1 album. Not including GH which I don't think went #1 anyway. Her first week sales in the US were always pretty weak, especially compared to her contemporaries. Not sure how'll she do in the US first week but I imagine it'll be enough to snag a #1. She'll do way better WW.

In fact, her image is actually what's probably been the issue with her being successful given how fickle the US was that if you weren't conventionally attractive, you didn't do well commercially. It wasn't until like 2008 onwards where it became more acceptable and to be 'edgy' that she started performing better.

41 minutes ago, R A D A R O U T S O L D said:

Every time someone is about to release an album people get too excited, the excitement disappears after a couple of days/hours... She's gonna flop like "What About Us"

Well she's looking at a mega tour with several dates almost sold out even though they went on sale this morning so even if the album flops, I doubt it'll bother her..she's gonna make bank with tickets selling this well

1 minute ago, Archie said:

Wait, pink released a new album? WZEl2vB.gif I need to check that out

It's not out in NA until midnight but if you're somewhere where it's the 13th, then your good lol

41 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

wait but how is she a sellout

I feel like she didn't really get big until she sort of changed genres, because her early music was more R&B-influenced, then she started making more rock-pop music which propelled her. I don't know if that really makes her a sellout but that's what I figured they meant

37 minutes ago, Kaleb said:

I feel like she didn't really get big until she sort of changed genres, because her early music was more R&B-influenced, then she started making more rock-pop music which propelled her. I don't know if that really makes her a sellout but that's what I figured they meant

I see your point but she changed genres because she said she felt like she was lying to herself as an R&B singer and that she was trying to be something she's not.

4 hours ago, RebelHeart15 said:

do you think it will get an iTunes top 10 on debut in the US? 

Absolutely! demi1 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.