Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Why is Little Mix "local"?

Harder to market, I guess? They can't break into any countries in east Asia because the girlband niche has already been filled by homegrown groups making mandopop, j-pop and k-pop. Europe hasn't been awful to them. They haven't tried very hard to do promotional pushes in the US (probably for fear of neglecting their original market). It seems like it's too late now, since girlbands have a limited lifespan and they're probably just a year or two away from breaking up.

The only countries that they aren't selling much are in NA and Asia. They're still the ninth best selling girl group world wide and no matter how many times the pressed call them "basic" you can't take that away from them! So I think they're fine with being called local while these other "global" girlies struggle to scan aluminum foil.

oaKqnvd.gif

2 hours ago, Urbi said:

Because US has FH and they think they are enough, but Little Mix is better than LH in every department sorry1

The US don't even want FH seeing how unsuccessful their last album was ny2 

Yeah, I kinda think that they are more popular than 5H in a lot of countries, excluding the US. I mean here in Australia Shout Out to My Ex and Touch SMASHED and were constantly getting radio play with Down nowhere to be found. Hopefully now that 5H are flopping for filth, Little Mix will get a hit with one of their new songs releasing next month ny6 (I like both groups however Little Mix are more vocally talented, can actually dance and release better music imo)

Little Mix are very successful in Europe though so it's like... they don't need the US. Like all the other pop girls since like 2012 - Europe is where they need to put focus because the US are going through some SHIT in every aspect xtina1 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.