Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Gilly

Do you want Rihs next era be more pop, urban, or a mix?

R9 sound should be more....  

20 members have voted

1. 1. ______

• urban. give me that cohesive album full of Needed Me's/Kiss It Better's/etc. Come for the critical acclaim.
    • pop. I need them gay bops ala Only Girl. Reclaim your global power, queen.
    • give us a mix of both.

for the last couple of albums, Rih has increasingly been making more urban influenced music. She went from Loud, which was pure pop, to TTT/Una (which was a mix), to Anti (her most urban album to date).

The downside to this is that she's been losing her GLOBAL power because of the urban shift in her music. She's still big WW, but she isn't nearly as strong as when she was releasing more "poppy" singles like Diamonds, Stay, WFL, etc. However, This is What You Came For proved that Rihanna still has massive global appeal if she releases the right song. 

The upside of this urban sound is that Rihanna is prob the only major pop girl from the 00s that has ADAPTED to the streaming age in the USA. For example, Needed Me wasn't big WW, but it was massive in the USA with over 500m streams and (I think) it became her longest charting song on the charts. 

The downside of giving us a mix of both is that she won't make a cohesive album like Anti. Even tho I enjoy Rihs past generic BOPS, i dont want them anymore because it will downgrade the quality of ha next album ny3 i think that with ANTI, it was the first time that Rih was taken seriously as an artist by both the public AND the critics. I want ha to continue to get that ACCLAIM yas2 

Personally, IDC about global success. ANTI is RIHs best album to date and I want her to give me an album full of Needed Mes and Kiss It Betters, even if it means losing that global chart #power yas2 

I would like some form of a mix of both. Rihanna will adapt correctly to whatevwr trend is most popular like the queen she is though. Needed Me is nice but I wouldn't a bunch of them.

I don't really care, I just want good music. I do think she's going to go the urban route from now on though. If I'm right, she's going to have to jump on some more features, because like you said, she's losing her global appeal. That's if she cares about that kind of stuff.

I want a mix of both, but no pop songs like Loud/EDM. Give me experimental bops like Lost in Paradise & Love on the Brain.

I think a funk era would be cool like Calvin Harris' album.

On 10/15/2017 at 6:17 PM, Russian Roulette said:

RR needs to stay a once in a lifetime experience, otherwise it wouldn't be as special

they said a mix of RR and Loud jj3 

so RR would be unique jj3 

I think she can produce cohesiveness if she does another international dance pop song, she just have to find the right producers that can make that deep house urban sound that can cross over to RnB.  

However, ANTI was her best album, and Rated R was a personal fave, so I wouldn’t mind more Urban

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.