Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Nick

Was Christinas career ruined by the ridiculous length between albums?

On 15/10/2017 at 8:28 PM, Agugaga said:

Back to Basics was a cute era, but it definitely made her lose momentum bc it wasn't pop friendly. The wait between B2B and Bionic was certainly too long. She was basically absent from pop radio from 2007-2010 and by then the new generation of girls had come up so that's that. xtina11 

Earlier in her career the long album waits weren't a problem since she was still doing things like Lady Marmalade and other side projects that kept her at the top. She even had an opportunity after Lotus to redeem herself and she blew it again. I felt like she found some new momentum with that streak of hit collabos between 2011-2014. She could've done a bunch of more of those while we wait for X6, but instead she's gone silent. xtina11  

ThIS

btw stay king

I truly think it's consistency and not being connected to her fans between albums. I love her versatility and how she changes her sound, but the general public loves predictability (look at Taylor and Adele).

On 10/16/2017 at 11:57 AM, Liam said:

idk but Keeps Gettin Better was a top ten hit less then two years before Bionic was released. I think the sound and image she went for may of worked in 2008 but by the time it was released in 2010 it came across as trend hopping

I even forgot about KGB tbh brit4 

In my opinion that era should’ve never happened then. She should’ve released Bionic in 08 and then the GH in 2010 along with Burlesque and it’s soundtrack. 

On 10/16/2017 at 11:57 AM, Liam said:

idk but Keeps Gettin Better was a top ten hit less then two years before Bionic was released. I think the sound and image she went for may of worked in 2008 but by the time it was released in 2010 it came across as trend hopping

I even forgot about KGB tbh brit4 

In my opinion that era should’ve never happened then. She should’ve released Bionic in 08 and then the GH in 2010 along with Burlesque and it’s soundtrack. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.