Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

Is anybody else extremely satisfied how her label is marketing this era?

Honestly, I think her label did such a good job at promoting her and managing her comeback - which was not a given, considering the mess that Warrior was and lots of voices during her lawsuit saying RCA/Sony would pay her dust and not investing much in her. But we got:

• three promo singles with visuals 

• an essay for each of those and Praying

• The making of-clips of each of Rainbow‘s songs

• Her Buzzfeed article about the tour

• The YouTube performance

• Zach Sang Show, Elvis Duran Show, GMA, Fallon, Ellen, Interview on MostRequestedLive, iHeartRadio, Jingle Ball

All of this certainly contributed a lot to the fact that Rainbow was able to debut with 120k within just one month time for the build-up.

Sure, Kesha could (and should) have performed at the VMAs. But from what I‘ve seen, it looks more like she didn‘t want to do it.

Sure, Praying could have been discounted and possibly have achieved a SNS-like type of success. But comparing these two, the difference on iTunes has not been that big in the last few weeks. It helped Demi to get into Top 10 on radio, but Kesha is still #12 and rising and Top 10 on HAC.

Focusing on Good Old Days for now and waiting with the next single is also a smart move.

We don‘t know yet how this era will develop further, but so far, I‘m very satisfied.

I'm personally a bit a dissapointed by the lack of interviews, during the Warrior era she was everywhere and did like every interview. She's done a good number of performances, but just as a fan, I'd love to see more interviews...

26 minutes ago, DW said:

I liked the Warrior era more. It feels like the era is over now. I'm not excited anymore kesha2 

Warrior had far more potential singles, but her label destroyed it by releasing C'Mon and Crazy Kids, instead of Last Goodbye, Supernatural or Thinking Of You.

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

Warrior had far more potential singles, but her label destroyed it by releasing C'Mon and Crazy Kids, instead of Last Goodbye, Supernatural or Thinking Of You.

I think C'Mon and Crazy Kids were the best choices for singles. Personally, I think they are far more radio friendly than Supernatural or Thinking of You. Last Goodbye could have been a single, because it is THAT song bey6 

Just now, Dan said:

I think C'Mon and Crazy Kids were the best choices for singles. Personally, I think they are far more radio friendly than Supernatural or Thinking of You. Last Goodbye could have been a single, because it is THAT song bey6 

I don't think so at all! Crazy Kids was the worst song on the album to be released as a single. I'm sure everything would have performed better than Crazy Kids.

I don't think so at all! Crazy Kids was the worst song on the album to be released as a single. I'm sure everything would have performed better than Crazy Kids.

Really? wat2

I didn't know people disliked that song jj4 I really like it (the solo version) brit7 

But I think it didn't have the success the label probably though it would have because it had a very specific audience and it was basically just We R Who We R 2.0 and it's super similar to C'Mon (sound-wise) brit1 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Really? wat2

I didn't know people disliked that song jj4 I really like it (the solo version) brit7 

But I think it didn't have the success the label probably though it would have because it had a very specific audience and it was basically just We R Who We R 2.0 and it's super similar to C'Mon (sound-wise) brit1 

I like it too but for me the bad thing is the Will I Am feature.

30 minutes ago, DW said:

I like it too but for me the bad thing is the Will I Am feature.

Yeah, the feature is the worst thing she's done with her music (in my opinion), but the solo version is amazing yas1 

Just now, Recycled stardust said:

Crazy Kids featuring simply doesn't exist. It's the only song I don't have in my collection and I have 322 files (including instrumentals, stems and the most embarrassing featurings). But Crazy Kids solo version is the unique version. Stop, end, bye. sass1

A-GREED sass1

Just now, Okan said:

I have all of the messy features (will.i.shit, Pitbeww & Juicy J <- this one was kinda ok jj1 ) of Crazy Kids on my iTunes and I don't think I've ever listened to them after 2013. trash1 

Same ny6

On 10/16/2017 at 0:56 PM, Dan said:

Really? wat2

She never did a TV performance of Crazy Kids either and it barely got any promo, that's why it flopped. Plus will.i.am's verse is crap, the solo could have been a top10 hit. brit12

1 minute ago, Chris Morlock said:

it is a good era in promotion, but Warrior did have a ton of interviews. oprah9 

True, that is clearly missing. But apart from that, the build-up and concept has been very good.

True, that is clearly missing. But apart from that, the build-up and concept has been very good.

i feel like the albums tracklist couldve been edited quite a bit jj3 its messy

53 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

i feel like the albums tracklist couldve been edited quite a bit jj3 its messy

I actually like it. It's varied. But I've never understood the importance of tracklists anyway. They don't really matter to me.

2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

I actually like it. It's varied. But I've never understood the importance of tracklists anyway. They don't really matter to me.

Well a lot of people like to listen to albums in order, especially if you have it on CD or Vinyl and then it tells a story as you listen jj2  But I don't hate Rainbow's tracklist, I probably would have started with Praying first though as the first song and worked from there bey1 

43 minutes ago, Dan said:

Well a lot of people like to listen to albums in order, especially if you have it on CD or Vinyl and then it tells a story as you listen jj2  But I don't hate Rainbow's tracklist, I probably would have started with Praying first though as the first song and worked from there bey1 

Usually, I listen to an album once, decide which tracks I like and choose from those which ones I want to hear the next times, depending on my mood. I would never listen to a whole album following the tracklist ny6

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.