Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Savage

Kids reaction to MICHAEL JACKSON and MADONNA

They're almost the same kids in both vids.

Kids liked michael jackson more despite the fact both artist almost debuted solo in the same era (80s) and both are almost on the same level of popularity and impact (from a pop-cultural perspective), both are diverse (madonna is even more diverse than MJ) but kids didn't like her that much compared to MJ.

WHY?

UV88IEk.gif

Side note: If you (as an outraged madonna fan) can exist in this thread without making nasty jokes about the dead it'd be much appreciated.

I'm currently looking for the address of the disrespekkkktful girl who said "this is better than beyoncé".... meg1  JK

Just now, Chris Morlock said:

i saw the madonna one last night.

imma need to talk to their parents oprah13 

We all saw it tbh, but it is interesting to see how the tone changed when it is about MJ, he's a legend and i love him so much, but didn't they debut in the same era? then what's the tea1 

39 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

i saw the madonna one last night.

imma need to talk to their parents oprah13 

Why, most of them have heard most of her popular songs demi1 One girl was singing Material Girl demi1

44 minutes ago, Alyssa said:

Because of sex refrences in Madonna's Music, I can't picture a Mother singing Erotica, Justify My Love, Like a Virgen or Papa Don't Preach, double standards... 

Not all madonna's songs are about sex or contain clear sex references.

The answer is cause of the Media, end of discussion sass1

Not going to mention the kids making comments about how old Madonna's videos looked, like MJ's look more modern or idk wendy4 Srsl now? This is sooo not objectied opinion.

31 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Michael Jackson really really left his music like immortal :(

The Madonna video tho wendy4

Did we saw the same video? Cause I saw kids recognizing most of her songs orly1 Are yall for fuckin real? orly1

1 minute ago, Devil Pray said:

Did we saw the same video? Cause I saw kids recognizing most of her songs orly1 Are yall for fuckin real? orly1

They knew his name. They STRUGGLED to remember her name. 

2 minutes ago, Devil Pray said:

They saw many of her videos and they don't even know who she is. With Michael, they instantly knew from the get-go.

Just now, HninSi said:

They saw many of her videos and they don't even know who she is. With Michael, they instantly knew from the get-go.

3 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

They knew his name. They STRUGGLED to remember her name. 

I said it in my other comment, cause of the media kesha2 The love to drag her nowadays as most artists instead of focusing in what she's doing, not what she's saying kesha2

3 minutes ago, HninSi said:

They saw many of her videos and they don't even know who she is.

They knew her name, they just wasn't remembering it, but they have heard it sass1 Only the lil boy who was just dragging from the start

1. Michael Jackson started his solo career in the 70s. 

2. Anyway, I watched that clip yesterday and noticed how many kids knew him. I won't debate if the clip is scripted or not. The thing is Madonna isn't a male and other female artists get into the same situation. Michael Jackson is adored by all generations, while Madonna can be defined as a slut, attention seeker and not  a real music artist,  a gay thing by straight man. The list goes on. 

When people talk about music geniuses, names like Bowie, Prince and Dylan are thrown around. Kate Bush is nowhere to be seen. Some ignore her, maybe because her music is much more artistic and less rock and roll music for concerts that masses could enjoy.

Through history, women have always been downgraded. As painters, musicians, writers, workers, actresses... In the past actors played female roles, women have been accepted as less capable by men, every form of creativity was considered to be a man thing. Men decided that kitchen is woman's place and now they occupied that place too, because there are many famous chefs. When it comes to fine arts in the 20th century, women did progress, but they still were underrated. Female artists of Surrealism like Frida Kahlo and many others were as good as Dali and Magritte, some maybe even better, yet they aren't well known. Swedish painter Hilma af Klint was discovered to be the first creator of abstract art during the 80s,  yet  Wassily Kandinsky is still the "creator"in art history  books. Even when women are great, there are always comments like her work is "feminine" just because it is very romantic or emotional. Like men and emotions don't go together. 

In some way Madonna will always be in Michael's shadow, because she is a woman and was very provocative through her career. His songs could be enjoyed by everyone, while some Madonna's songs you wouldn't play to young audience because of sexual nature and other themes. Again, MJ is adored by both sexes, while Madonna gets "gay thing" status by many straight men. On the other hand, Michael will always be in Madonna's shadow, because Madonna was much more artistically daring in music.  While he was repeating the same thing, Madonna was evolving.  She sang about many serious themes (pregnancy, virginity, materialism, AIDS, gays...), experimented with different genres, delivered different visuals... Instead of trying to drag Madonna and make her less important than Michael Jackson, you should be proud that a woman managed to be such a force artistically and commercially in the music industry. I know there are people who hate her, but you act like we are talking about Halsey here. Madonna, as a woman, delivered quality pop and showed that pop music can be more than catchy music for masses on the radio. She didn't recycle the same shit, she was original and creative, she spoke through her music, she was one of those who fused art with stage and  music videos... Why don't we celebrate her, instead of downgrading her like every other woman that was downgraded in her own time?

4 minutes ago, Devil Pray said:

They knew her name, they just wasn't remembering it, but they have heard it sass1 Only the lil boy who was just dragging from the start

They didn't know who she is, if they knew then they would have said it.

37 minutes ago, Alyssa said:

Because of sex refrences in Madonna's Music, I can't picture a Mother singing Erotica, Justify My Love, Like a Virgen or Papa Don't Preach, double standards... 

It’s a double edged sword 

madonna has many PG ( ish at least ) hits for example :

hung up 

4 minutes 

material girl 

etc

Because no amount of bad allegations could destroy Michael's popularity and legacy. A true legend. But props to Madge as well, its not shade when i say she has managed to survive through the life of a pop star, many of her contemporaries, including Michaelegend, havent.