Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Savage

Kids reaction to MICHAEL JACKSON and MADONNA

Madonna stans remain making themselves look like trash by trashing a dead person. But let someone say "Madonna ain't too far behind him in the gravy huntie" jj4 

The truest statement I've seen so far is that Madonna's a female and has went through scrutiny because of that fact and will always be in the shadow of MJ because of this. 

It's no shade, only tea. MJ has always outshined her because he was male and misogyny was at an all time high when they debuted.  Even Mariah Carey said she HAD to be modest in the beginning of her career. Women being sexual was taboo.  Madonna twirled in the taboo and it effected her career.  

Plus if I remember, Madonna had a pretty private life in comparison to MJ, who had more media articles about him.

49 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

She was at least hurt by all of it, so for you to say she didn't give a fuck would be a lie. 

She did change her music and image after it eve1 .. she toned down the nudity, vulgarity and adopted a softer sultrier look and sound "Bedtime stories"... eve1  then she toned it even more with ROL with her "mother earth" phase.... She didn't change anything? BYE. eve1 

I'm sorry, I thought Madonna was changing her music and style in each era, from her debut ellie1 And I'm not talking just about Erotica, they called Like a Prayer blasphemous but didn't stopped her to sing in a cross or stript as a nun some years later ellie1

19 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Madonna stans remain making themselves look like trash by trashing a dead person. But let someone say "Madonna ain't too far behind him in the gravy huntie" jj4 

The truest statement I've seen so far is that Madonna's a female and has went through scrutiny because of that fact and will always be in the shadow of MJ because of this. 

It's no shade, only tea. MJ has always outshined her because he was male and misogyny was at an all time high when they debuted.  Even Mariah Carey said she HAD to be modest in the beginning of her career. Women being sexual was taboo.  Madonna twirled in the taboo and it effected her career.  

Plus if I remember, Madonna had a pretty private life in comparison to MJ, who had more media articles about him.

This is the SJW shit i don't like. so we are going to attribute it to being only a "female" matter? MJ was more musically-talented than her. he was a NATURAL TALENT.  

All parts of her life were hot topics, her sex partners, her relationship with god, etc... she's was no Beyonce.

Mariah was never modest, she was backed by her husband who was the CEO of sony, Madonna actually struggled more seeing she had no one to back her up like that, also she wasn't really a natural talent (vocals wise) to blow anyone's mind on the first listen so she can get signed up to a label, she was no adele or 90s mariah, so she had to be very good at marketing herself as a performer/artist. 

11 minutes ago, Devil Pray said:

I'm sorry, I thought Madonna was changing her music and style in each era, from her debut ellie1 And I'm not talking just about Erotica, they called Like a Prayer blasphemous but didn't stopped her to sing in a cross or stript as a nun some years later ellie1

I was talking about her image AFTER erotica since you said she never cared about opinions and how opinions never affected her image/sound, do i have to quote you? do you forget what you say seconds after u post it?. we know she's diverse as an artist overall ( clap3 ), but this was not what i'm talking about. 

the backlash with EROTICA was huge because it was a build up, she was getting more explicit-X rated, everyone hated her and this album. it affected her til this day. it is unfair but yeah, she changed herself due to opinions of others.  ellie1 

29 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

but this was not what i'm talking about. the backlash with EROTICA was huge because it was a build up, she was getting more explicit-X rated, everyone hated her and this album. it affected her til this day. it is unfair but yeah, she changed herself due to opinions of others.  ellie1 

I believe she would have do it even if the reaction was positive, that's my opinion ellie1 

Just now, Devil Pray said:

I believe she would have do it even if the reaction was positive, that's my opinion ellie1 

The reaction could have never been positive with "Erotica"..... BUT since it is your opinion i can't argue it, I just have a different opinion. 

37 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

This is the SJW shit i don't like. so we are going to attribute it to being only a "female" matter? MJ was more musically-talented than her. he was a NATURAL TALENT.  

All parts of her life were hot topics, her sex partners, her relationship with god, etc... she's was no Beyonce.

Mariah was never modest, she was backed by her husband who was the CEO of sony, Madonna actually struggled more seeing she had no one to back her up like that, also she wasn't really a natural talent (vocals wise) to blow anyone's mind on the first listen so she can get signed up to a label, she was no adele or 90s mariah, so she had to be very good at marketing herself as a performer/artist. 

Tf? It's true tho. dead2 

Brandy lied about being married in order to not reveal she had a baby out of wedlock

Janet's career BOMBED after the wardrobe mishap at the superbowl

AND Mariah has said on live TV she was forced to be modest and wear modest clothing at the start of her career. 

Let's not forget the massive Backlash Ke$ha received when she dropped her debut.

Being a modest woman in music mattered in 70's/80's to the late 2000's.

Madonna was NOT a modest woman. Especially after Erotica.

In terms of talent, that's subjective because MJ didn't write ALL his songs dead4 

Don't get me wrong, he is INCREDIBLY talented; He wasn't perfection in human form. 

Madonna can write her own music and has musical control over her evolution of sound, they both are amazing performers, the only thing is that Michael Jackson has better vocals. That's it. But Madge didn't have bad vocals either. 

7 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Tf? It's true tho. dead2 

Brandy lied about being married in order to not reveal she had a baby out of wedlock (even in her own community, they didn't accept it, it is more of a society thing!)

Janet's career BOMBED after the wardrobe mishap at the superbowl (Racism)

AND Mariah has said on live TV she was forced to be modest and wear modest clothing at the start of her career.  (that's cuz she was branded as an adult contemporary artist, like celine/whiteny, those women had a distinctive look, they didn't wear cropped tops and jeans.... they were in clothes which covered their bodies.. it was an ERA! she was not the only one!)

Let's not forget the massive Backlash Ke$ha received when she dropped her debut. (maybe because the type/sound of her music wasn't then appreciated?)

Being a modest woman in music mattered in 70's/80's to the late 2000's. I know it mattered, but not to the EXTENT you make it out to be!

Madonna was NOT a modest woman. Especially after Erotica. True a tiny bit. She got humbled and a little tamed after erotica, she learned her lesson, you can feel her pain whenever she talks about this period of her life retrospectively. it did affect her. later after she became a mommy, caring about being a wife, and was having fun being a regular mommy for some time (the whole english lady with english accent phase) dead1 (the mother nature/ROL phase) dead1 ....  she didn't stay the same after the erotica backlash.

In terms of talent, that's subjective because MJ didn't write ALL his songs dead4  Madonna had lawsuits against her cuz she stole songs from other artists, it is safe to say she didn't write all of her material if we took this point into account, so can we wrap it up? she was less talented than him from a musicianship point of view, let's not fool ourselves, in what world madonna is more talented than MJ? pls y'all.

Don't get me wrong, he is INCREDIBLY talented; He wasn't perfection in human form. he wasn't. neither she is. not the point.

Madonna can write her own music and has musical control over her evolution of sound, they both are amazing performers, the only thing is that Michael Jackson has better vocals. That's it. But Madge didn't have bad vocals either.  in comparison to her peers, her vocals were never the tea. MJ wrote/co wrote many of his songs and had musical control over his career and careers of others (he owned masters of the Beatles!!!!!)... Legends only. both M and MJ are legends, but MJ was more talented so it is understandable why he was more liked. it is not only the ever-tiring "it's cuzz she a wohman" point.

1 hour ago, Kyoteki said:

MJ has always outshined her because he was male and misogyny was at an all time high when they debuted.

This is not true tho. 

Do you now hard he was dragged for low sales of Bad? He went from +20m to album that barely sold 7m in US (until label re-certified it this year base don SPS) with more singles, more promo and bigger tour.No one cared about LAP selling less than True Blue.

By the end of 80s all major publications named Madonna artist of decade, from MTV to RollingStone and Billboard. MJ was so mad he DEMANDED award from MTV. He was the one who was jealous of Madonna because she never cared about success and if her sales went down she never gave a damn about it - she had that freedom. I mean he was Jackson after all, look how much all his siblings talked about Madonna's low sales, they followed her certifications and talked about them in interviews  for god's sake.

Madonna was praised for moving forward in late 80s, not being labeled as 80s act because she dropped that label, while MJ was criticized for still being stuck in same lane. In 90s Janet outshined the shit out of him that he begged her for feature.

They were never really that much pitted against each other back in the day. It only started when MJ called himself KOP (after Madonna's title already stuck in media in late 80s), and that started with Dangerous era (he was sending press releases and asked to be called King of Pop). Jacksons also tried doing that with Janet but failed. 

Now look at 00s, Madonna started the decade with slayage, MJ flopped for filth. In 2005 the same time she released Confessions and ruled the world MJ was giving interviews about his pedophilia charges. Madonna built her own lane and it's not in MJ's shadow.

And then his sudden and tragic death happened. 

And suddenly everything changes. 

Only with sudden rise of stan wars this decade haters started suing MJ to discredit and drag Madonna. MJ wasn't untouchable during his days. There was always something that press used. He was just as polarizing as Madonna. But he was more respected because he was a man.

5 minutes ago, Angelus said:

This is not true tho. 

Do you now hard he was dragged for low sales of Bad? He went from +20m to album that barely sold 7m in US (until label re-certified it this year base don SPS) with more singles, more promo and bigger tour.No one cared about LAP selling less than True Blue.

By the end of 80s all major publications named Madonna artist of decade, from MTV to RollingStone and Billboard. MJ was so mad he DEMANDED award from MTV. He was the one who was jealous of Madonna because she never cared about success and if her sales went down she never gave a damn about it - she had that freedom. I mean he was Jackson after all, look how much all his siblings talked about Madonna's low sales, they followed her certifications and talked about them in interviews  for god's sake.

Madonna was praised for moving forward in late 80s, not being labeled as 80s act because she dropped that label, while MJ was criticized for still being stuck in same lane.

I can't with how inconsistent y'all are with these posts. lmfao2  So some of you act like madonna was discriminated against because she was a woman but now we have someone who said ppl criticized MJ more than madonna? lmfao2lmfao2 

thanks for proving my point. lmfao2giveup1 

3 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

I can't with how inconsistent y'all are with these posts. lmfao2  So some of you act like madonna was discriminated against because she was a woman but now we have someone who said ppl criticized MJ more than madonna? lmfao2lmfao2 

thanks for proving my point. lmfao2giveup1 

You didn't get one single thing. Not surprised. 

At the moment, Michael's work will always be remembered in a more positive light simply because he's dead. Now obviously this may not directly affect the amount of young people that know of him nowadays, but the general outlook on his work is so drastically different now than what it was a decade ago. In fairness to Madonna, a few of them knew a bunch of her songs, and I'm sure there'd be more recognized with the inclusion of some TB single, Hung Up & 4M. However, comparing the legacies of a dead and a living artist will never ever provide a fruitful outcome! 

18 minutes ago, Angelus said:

Aren't you checked out already? 

seeing how your posts infected me with incurable diseases, i'm sure it won't be long til i become like you and check out.

17 minutes ago, Kuba said:

At the moment, Michael's work will always be remembered in a more positive light simply because he's dead. Now obviously this may not directly affect the amount of young people that know of him nowadays, but the general outlook on his work is so drastically different now than what it was a decade ago. In fairness to Madonna, a few of them knew a bunch of her songs, and I'm sure there'd be more recognized with the inclusion of some TB single, Hung Up & 4M. However, comparing the legacies of a dead and a living artist will never ever provide a fruitful outcome! 

it did provide a fruitful outcome though. 0549lva.gif 

His work will always be more respected by the GP, his peers, younger male artists, etc..., it was the case when he was alive, during his darkest times and it will continue this way. Madonna's impact is not even appreciated enough by female artists younger than her, let alone her peers, sadly it was always this way for her and i can see it continue after her -god forbid- passing. 0549lva.gif

1 hour ago, BEAUX said:

Wait so i’m confused. You ask why people remember MJ more than madonna, we tell you why, and you sit here and say “bullshitl

so what is the real reason, what is the truth cause u seem to know. 🤔

9 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

it did provide a fruitful outcome though. 0549lva.gif 

His work will always be more respected by the GP, his peers, younger male artists, etc..., it was the case when he was alive, during his darkest times and it will continue this way. Madonna's impact is not even appreciated enough by female artists younger than her, let alone her peers, sadly it was always this way for her and i can see it continue after her -god forbid- passing. 0549lva.gif

It really doesn't. I'm not here to argue about whose legacy was/is or will be bigger, I'm just saying that at the moment Michael has a huge respect that comes with death. That respect is so powerful that it dissolves most of the negatives that were associated with him, & this has been the case for so many other artists that passed. 

And on the contrary, Madonna is often hailed as an inspiration by younger female artists so I don't know where you're pulling that from?