Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

Kesha to perform at EMAs

Just now, Dan said:

Kesha used to be described as the "unconventional" pop star cry3 

That's true from an American perspective. But from a German perspective, she fits into the "young, white, American mainstream pop" drawer.

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

That's true from an American perspective. But from a German perspective, she fits into the "young, white, American mainstream pop" drawer.

Gotcha, gotcha demi1 

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

Honestly, I keep asking myself that question like everyday. Pop girls are only successful in Germany if they are bit "unconventional" - Rihanna is probably the most successful pop star in Germany because she's black and also does rap and other things, P!nk is also very successful because she is established, has more of a rock voice and only recently started doing real pop music, and so on. But Germany is not here for Demi, Kesha, Ariana...

And my country's taste is weird in general. It's actually a complete mess - there is no pre-advantage for pop music. And the German music scene is very big, that might make it harder for "world stars".

I am looking at the charts in Germany and it seems like alot of Germans just listen to German music. Makes sense, Germany is a big country so there are more German artists so more likely to come on the radio there.

If you turn on the radio here, you barely hear any Dutch music. I honestly hate Dutch music so I'm happy about it, and the Netherlands is a pretty small country so that could explain why Praying hit 4 here. (i hope this makes sense jj2)

Just now, Megan said:

I am looking at the charts in Germany and it seems like alot of Germans just listen to German music. Makes sense, Germany is a big country so there are more German artists so more likely to come on the radio there.

If you turn on the radio here, you barely hear any Dutch music. I honestly hate Dutch music so I'm happy about it, and the Netherlands is a pretty small country so that could explain why Praying hit 4 here. (i hope this makes sense jj2)

Yes, you are completely right. The German music scene is really huge. German music was dead around the 2010s, but in the last years, it got a massive boost again.

We have artists like Herbert Grönemeyer or Andrea Berg who sold 17 and 15 million records just with songs and albums in German, for example.

2 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Yes, you are completely right. The German music scene is really huge. German music was dead around the 2010s, but in the last years, it got a massive boost again.

We have artists like Herbert Grönemeyer or Andrea Berg who sold 17 and 15 million records just with songs and albums in German, for example.

That's crazy! shock1

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

That's crazy! oprah12

It's absolutely crazy. Well, the potential market for German music consists of about 100 million people, when you add Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

I wish my country had the same taste as your's. The thing is: I don't even care for the charts in my country because I hate everything about it ny6. I couldn't even tell who's currently #1 here. I only care about US charts.

Here is a list of the most successful musicians in Germany (look at the numbers from German artists, they all make music in German)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Interpreten_mit_den_meisten_verkauften_Tonträgern_in_Deutschland 

4 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

It's absolutely crazy. Well, the potential market for German music consists about 100 million people, when you add Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

I wish my country had the same taste as your's. The thing is: I don't even care for the charts in my country because I hate everything about it ny6. I couldn't even tell who's currently #1 here. I only care about US charts.

Here is a list of the most successful musicians in Germany (look at the numbers from German artists, they all make music in German)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Interpreten_mit_den_meisten_verkauften_Tonträgern_in_Deutschland 

That's the most random list I have ever seen jj4 German's definetly are into Rock it seems. jj4

Yeah honestly I don't really care too much about charts only when it comes to see where my favorite artists (Kesha, Ariana) are at in the charts. I'm suprised Praying was the highest in The Netherlands, I had the feeling the European charts would all be a bit the same dead7 

Just now, Megan said:

That's the most random list I have ever seen jj4 German's definetly are into Rock it seems. jj4

Yeah honestly I don't really care too much about charts only when it comes to see where my favorite artists (Kesha, Ariana) are at in the charts. I'm suprised Praying was the highest in The Netherlands, I had the feeling the European charts would all be a bit the same dead7 

Rainbow was the highest in Europe in the Netherlands too at #10!

No, not at all ny6

3 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Doubt it, but secretly wish for it

Same. I don't think she is coming to Europe any time soon. (Yeah only London but that's still too far away)

And I won't be able to see her anyway if her tickets are so expensive as they are now jj3

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Same. I don't think she is coming to Europe any time soon. (Yeah only London but that's still too far away)

And I won't be able to see her anyway if her tickets are so expensive as they are now jj3

International dates are apparently coming very soon! 

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.