Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Debitto

Taylor Swift | Gorgeous | Promo Single | October 20th

48 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The melody is really forgettable dead7 it’s just... flat? It’s not even annoyingly catchy like SIO or LWYMMD’s choruses

I kinda forget how it goes after going an hour or two without listening to it. The verses are way more memorable imo

it's such a shame but she's still 2/3 for me dead7 hopefully her next track delivers

38 minutes ago, Merryem said:

it's such a shame but she's still 2/3 for me dead7 hopefully her next track delivers

Well, I know I hated the 3 tracks we got before 1989 (SIO, OOTW & WTNY) at first, and loved the album... hopefully it’s the same this time dead7 her 2nd singles usually deliver, at least!

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

The melody is really forgettable dead7 it’s just... flat? It’s not even annoyingly catchy like SIO or LWYMMD’s choruses

I kinda forget how it goes after going an hour or two without listening to it. The verses are way more memorable imo

Exactly, I literally forget the song after a bit, it's not memorable. It really isn't that bad either though 

This song reminds me of Stay Stay Stay, I hope this is a promo single because it feels much more like an album track that Taylor was having fun with much more than an official single. But unlike most it seems that I am one of the few who actually enjoys this song. tay2 I had it stuck in my head when writing a pathophysiology midterm today. giveup1 

37 minutes ago, Juinae said:

This song reminds me of Stay Stay Stay, I hope this is a promo single because it feels much more like an album track that Taylor was having fun with much more than an official single. But unlike most it seems that I am one of the few who actually enjoys this song. tay2 I had it stuck in my head when writing a pathophysiology midterm today. giveup1 

I love it too. All this hateration holleration is so ugly

19 hours ago, Gilly said:

omg the verses are soooooo GOOD but the chorus kinda ruins it um1 its just toooo cheesy and childish. HOWEVER, it is a cute album track. It's already better than Welcome to New York and How You Get The Girl, so Reputation is still coming for 1989s wig aretha1 

ready for it remains the best promo single. So far, 2/3 songs are 10s (lead and ready for it) and gorgeous is a cute 6 cause the melody of the verses and instrumental are that strong.

omg this !

On 10/20/2017 at 0:00 PM, Merryem said:

omg don't compare ootw, one of the best songs of her career, to.....this

it's what Secret Session stans said um2

Anyway, I listened to it. It is not a good song. I feel like I'm forcing myself to like her new music - I've been a hardcore stan for many years, for the sole reason of adoring her songs. I genuinely am not into the Rep releases. When I tried to replay RFI, I got bored in less than 4 replays. I replayed Style so many times within the first  months of the album being released, and still replay it regularly today. I got bored of these new songs really quickly rih9

I feel sad, it's been such a long wait since 1989 was released and this is just wendy4

Also, I don't think it's unreasonable to feel like this after 'only' hearing 3 songs. 3 songs is a big portion of the album. It'd have to be the most uncohensive album ever to deviate from this sound

I really don't get the hate this song is getting. I was confused by it on first listen but after 3 plays it's my favorite song from reputation so far.

I'm really glad this song exists because I've been struggling with the exact feelings she's talking about in this song for weeks now and I think it describes the feeling perfectly. But maybe that's just me. xtina11

I've listened to it a few more times and it's grown on me. It's kind funny and campy and kitschy honestly, I'm getting some humor from it. It's not her best but it's a solid album track tbh. 

The only exception is the lyrics "you make me so happy it turns back to sad" etc.. those are some of the worst clunky lyrics of her career or any pop girls tbh 

19 minutes ago, RepuTAYtion said:

I've listened to it a few more times and it's grown on me. It's kind funny and campy and kitschy honestly, I'm getting some humor from it. It's not her best but it's a solid album track tbh. 

The only exception is the lyrics "you make me so happy it turns back to sad" etc.. those are some of the worst clunky lyrics of her career or any pop girls tbh 

I agree about those lyrics. tay2 I respect that they are supposed to reflect the childish/whiny/simplistic essence of the song but hearing them being sung is a different thing. tay2 

1 hour ago, RepuTAYtion said:

Those were the only lyrics I was initially like nnnnnnn on too, but as someone who gets weirdly sad after being extremely happy lately, I get it.

I definitely think there are layers to this song and it's intentionally campy and shallow, like she's self aware to the point where all she can do to explain the reason she likes him is "cuz look at his face!" I like the way the melody in the chorus gets really high and pretty and then comes back down, like she's crashing from her crush. It's an interesting song, not sure if it's single-worthy, but I'm glad it's on the album.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.