Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Does your fave have a subpar flop album that fans desperately try to hype?

1 minute ago, LaToya Jackson said:

Then how come Like a Prayer was the album with the most songs in the top 10 in that 80s megarate and Erotica the lowest ranking album in the 90s megarate? mad3 

who is defending Erotica? confused1 also I'm talking about the current ranking thread  which actually has LAP in a middle position. laughcry1 I'm just laughing that sometimes people hype LAP so much but in reality they don't even like half songs from that album

Just now, Saiga said:

who is defending Erotica? confused1 also I'm talking about the current ranking thread  which actually has LAP in a middle position. laughcry1 I'm just laughing that sometimes people hype LAP so much but in reality they don't even like half songs from that album

That ranking thread literally has people voting strategetically non-stop (including me). jj4 The megarates are more accurate because people are not aware of the other people's votes and therefore only go by their own opinion of the tracks.

1 minute ago, LaToya Jackson said:

Erotica produced no real hit and was shunned until about 10 years ago. Madonna dropped the producer cause he was one-dimensional and wanted to do Erotica 2.0 in 1994. 

Most of the songs aged like milk, have no melodies throughout the verses and are desperate attempts at recreating Justify My Love. The title track, especially has one of the most lazily written choruses, Waiting's chorus consists of Justify My Love vocal samples, and the other songs sound incredibly dated and simply don't stand out as individual songs.

b4b05ea304ebdfc8ea9b956e980c876c--linda-

LAP is nothing but a desperate attempt of being accepted as an artist, in reality it was just as forced and rushed like MDNA. Only difference is that MDNA actually has 2 good songs! 

She was so not into making that album that she couldn't even bother to record her voice twice. That's why she sounds like dying cat on those tragic flop ballads that she was so desperate to turn into hits she milked her own tragedy in its music video and even released it twice.

Also explains why album wasn't even supported on BA, she was so embarrassed by it she didn't wanted to be seen singing those rejected Prince demos live. 

b4b05ea304ebdfc8ea9b956e980c876c--linda-

5 minutes ago, LaToya Jackson said:

Then how come Like a Prayer was the album with the most songs in the top 10 in that 80s megarate and Erotica the lowest ranking album in the 90s megarate? mad3 

Because you openly trolled. Sis you admitted it. Thanks for pointing out how fake and hateful LAP stans are! mad3

4 minutes ago, Angelus said:

Because you openly trolled. Sis you admitted it. Thanks for pointing out how fake and hateful LAP stans are! mad3

No honey, I did not admit shit and I did not troll either. 

All I did was break ties by adjusting my votes by HALF A POINT (since almsot no one used them after I repeatedly told them to do so). jj4 I have even posted the spreadsheet showing that most people simply gave the Erotica songs rather low votes. Nocturn was the one throwing a fit and accused me of rigging because he could not believe that Erotica flopped. I even let him give most of the songs scores from 9-10 (all 10s would be considered trolling). Sorry beau but Erotica's songs individually are simply not as strong and the forum agreed.

Just now, Nocturn said:

Erotica and Like A Prayer are Madonna's best albums. Masterpieces. Iconic. Revolutionary. Glorious. Amazing. 

Critics, general public and fans agree.

sass1 

Except critics gave almost the same scores of Erotica to Bedtime Stories, which the later is often considered a "filler album" and boring? lol 

4 minutes ago, LaToya Jackson said:

No honey, I did not admit shit and I did not troll either. 

All I did was break ties by adjusting my votes by HALF A POINT (since almsot no one used them after I repeatedly told them to do so). jj4 I have even posted the spreadsheet showing that most people simply gave the Erotica songs rather low votes. Nocturn was the one throwing a fit and accused me of rigging because he could not believe that Erotica flopped. I even let him give most of the songs scores from 9-10 (all 10s would be considered trolling). Sorry beau but Erotica's songs individually are simply not as strong and the forum agreed.

That's because Erotica is an ALBUM, not collection of 1 good song and 10 terrible songs. LAP simply doesn't work as an album and it's simply disgusting. an album that has CHERISH and DEAR JESSIE simply can't be good. Sorry lmfao2 

Just now, Saiga said:

Except critics gave almost the same scores of Erotica to Bedtime Stories, which the later is often considered a "filler album" and boring? lol 

Because they both are. ny1 

Someone calculated the scores M's studio albums would have on metacritic according to all their reviews:

Madonna = 78
Like a Virgin = 75
True Blue = 73
Like A Prayer = 92
Erotica = 71
Bedtime Stories = 71
Ray of Light = 87

--------------------------

Her actual metacritic scores from 2000 onwards.

Music = 80
American Life = 60
Confessions on a Dance Floor = 80
Hard Candy = 65
MDNA = 64
Rebel Heart = 68

Just now, LaToya Jackson said:

Because they both are. ny1 

Someone calculated the scores M's studio albums would have on metacritic according to all their reviews:

Madonna = 78
Like a Virgin = 75
True Blue = 73
Like A Prayer = 92
Erotica = 71
Bedtime Stories = 71
Ray of Light = 87

--------------------------

Her actual metacritic scores from 2000 onwards.

Music = 80
American Life = 60
Confessions on a Dance Floor = 80
Hard Candy = 65
MDNA = 64
Rebel Heart = 68

well at least AL is her shittiest and we all know that eve1 

Just now, Nocturn said:

The only person who called BS boring was LaToya. eve1 

So did Pitchfork, many other critics and it's really one of her least remembered albums. You never see it re-entering charts anywhere.

1 hour ago, Angelus said:

Also explains why album wasn't even supported on BA, she was so embarrassed by it she didn't wanted to be seen singing those rejected Prince demos live. 

Wtf are you talking about dead2 She sang 5 songs from that album on BA. The only reason she didn't do more was because the rest were pretty much ballads & would have brought down the flow of the tour. She also had to make room for I'm Breathless songs. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.