Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

"...Ready For It" video screenshots and speculation

All right, so from this 15 second teaser I'm already pretty certain that this will be by favorite video she's ever done rip2 and I'm already pretty obsessed with all the sci-fi homages she's squeezed in there and the possible plot of the video itself, so bear with me sia2

It starts o with a cloaked figure (Taylor) walking with her back turned to some sinister-looking Darth Vader-esque characters. She is likely their leader.

s7gKLOa.png

S5UQvON.png

KY5fZq7.png

Then we see Taylor as sort of a nude android, certainly a reference to Ghost in the Shell. She appears to be frightened, and there's a later shot of her examining her own body beneath. I'm guessing that she has just been created in the first shot, and in the later shot she's accepted her existence just enough to try and figure out what she is.

fSdGyLi.png

4huB42Y.png

Here she is fascinated by a lightning-filled orb, levitating in her hands. I would say this takes place between the scenes of her as an unsure, recently created android and the beginning shots of her as the intimidating commander of various cyborgs. The orb is probably the source of her later power.

yNIYzbP.png

Another one of the Vader types.

uDFKLio.png

Taylor surrounded by some illuminated spirit-looking things (probably right after touching the orb).

E0vGnKS.png

A large machine bursting through a wall - notice the Japanese (or maybe Chinese) characters written in graffiti on the wall, much like in Blade Runner,

Jbf0Xxv.png

Taylor using her lightning powers inside her glass prison (again, probably right after she touched the orb).

827VGqc.png

Taylor displaying her lightning powers again - this is later, given she's in the cloak like in the beginning.

jaV9EAT.png

Another Vader-type.

cKR22X9.png

Taylor lashes out at someone (her creator?) and breaks free.

cxI1gA5.png

And finally, another display of power on a staircase with "THEY'RE BURNING ALL THE WITCHES" written in graffiti on the side.

tl9pEY7.png

So based on this, here's my guess for the loose plot of the video:

- Taylor is created as an experimental android in a lab, and is treated harshly by the scientists that made her in this dystopian world. 

- Eventually Taylor acquires the orb (or maybe the scientists give it to her in a move of poor judgement) and becomes infinitely more powerful. 

- She kills her creators in revenge.

- She uses her newfound powers and the resources of the lab to create her Darth Vader-esque minions. Possibly she even uses the dead bodies of the former scientists to make them, as they appear to be cyborgs.

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, RepuTAYtion said:

My thoughts are that we aren't ready and this video will slay. 

But its cool that theres more to it. Unfortunately I don't watch much sci fi so I don't get much besides darkness and sex and fierceness from this gaycat1

Yeah here's some of the specific things I'm talking about sia2

This is from Ghost in the Shell (both animated and live action), with the same sort of faux-nudity, kinda like a doll:

ghostshell146.jpg

3E92D67200000578-4344552-image-m-9_14903

The Chinese graffiti from Blade Runner:

5903995028_5a9023cf6a_b.jpg

And of course black cloaks and cyborgs are a huge thing in Star Wars:

maul_1.JPG

Emperor_RotJ.png

latest?cb=20080307185425

Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpeg?region=0,23,14

Watching this again, I've actually realized that the black cloak Taylor and the android Taylor are two different individuals.

The cloaked Taylor is about to tap on the glass is actually the same person who the android Taylor is lashing out at, so I'm guessing this is even more of a Frankenstein story about the evil Taylor who already commands the cyborgs making another one in her image until it gets loose.

jaV9EAT.png

cxI1gA5.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.