Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vulnicura.

2017 Album Rates [Ideas]

tumblr_ovamy8hLLJ1u99d4xo1_250.gif 

So as far as I know (with my pre 2017 knowledge of FOTP) there were only 2 rates for 2017 albums (one being a larger version), which I found odd considering other pop forums (at least the ones that I've lurked on) make a way bigger deal out of the end of year rates. I also noticed that the results were revealed in a results show format which I, as someone who deals with TIMEZONES, of course most certainly cannot make it.

So what exactly am I suggesting?

1) Have different rates and group the albums into different categories (debuts, big pop girls, comeback albums, R&B etc.) and have different people run each one. The rates don't all have to happen at the same time, so that people have enough time to sit through all the albums.

This way people can take part in rates where their preferred style of music is involved and there's more hype overall.

2) Instead of a countdown/results show format, reveal the results over a period of time (a certain amount of songs will be revealed on each day and gradually becomes lesser as the winner reveal nears).

This would mean that there's more participation and DEFINITELY more drama and anticipation!

Of course this is just an idea, and I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on it!

This might be too early, but here are my suggestions for albums we can use in these rates!

(just wanted to get this out here!)

Pop:

150x0w.jpg   1200x150bb.jpg  150x0w.jpg  150x0w.jpg  150x0w.jpg

150x0w.jpg  150x0w.jpg  1200x150bb.jpg  1200x150bb.jpg  150x0w.jpg

Alt Pop:

150x0w.jpg  150x0w.jpg  150x0w.jpg  150x0w.jpg  1200x150bb.jpg

150x0w.jpg  

R&B

150x0w.jpg  150x0w.jpg  1200x150bb.jpg  150x0w.jpg  150x0w.jpg

Alt R&B:

150x0w.jpg  150x150bf.jpg  150x0w.jpg  150x0w.jpg

Others:

Bjork — Utopia

Tori Amos — Native Invader

Paramore — After Laughter

I'm probably missing out a lot, so do leave your suggestions!

you get a heap of album rankings/reviews at the end of 2017 from FOTPers. thats why people dont really invest in rates because it might contradict how they feel later or spoil the results

5 minutes ago, Liam said:

you get a heap of album rankings/reviews at the end of 2017 from FOTPers. thats why people dont really invest in rates because it might contradict how they feel later or spoil the results

Yes I see where you're coming fromjj3

Hmm...

1 minute ago, Vulnicura. said:

Yes I see where you're coming fromjj3

Hmm...

I know the Reycists, Gabe and me have done yearly countdowns for the last few years but there have been loads of new members so hopefully more will do it too!

36 minutes ago, Liam said:

I know the Reycists, Gabe and me have done yearly countdowns for the last few years but there have been loads of new members so hopefully more will do it too!

Yes I love rates and also I am new member! It's always fun to have this huge event where (mostly)everyone is involved and I hope that somehow countdowns and rate become more prominent here! 

49 minutes ago, Liam said:

This to be honest 

2 minutes ago, Vulnicura. said:

Yes I love rates and also I am new member! It's always fun to have this huge event where (mostly)everyone is involved and I hope that somehow countdowns and rate become more prominent here! 

Well expect a countdown from me soon sis rav2

The other ideas seem more interesting (except the one with debuts, you won't pay me to sit through Zara Larsson) but realistically, only the FOTP faves one would get a decent number of participants. Also yes, the reveal-over-a-couple-of-days format is better because it's exhausting to try and do, like, 50 songs at once + gives more people a chance to participate at different times.

1 hour ago, Vulnicura. said:

yes I was thinking of Demi and Halsey, but what can I group Halsey under? Alt-pop? (I haven't heard the album so I wouldn't know)

Halsey is either pop or alt-pop, let's just put it under pop music before some Lana stans start dragging you for putting her under alt-pop! jj2 

8 hours ago, Vilppu said:

The other ideas seem more interesting (except the one with debuts, you won't pay me to sit through Zara Larsson) but realistically, only the FOTP faves one would get a decent number of participants. Also yes, the reveal-over-a-couple-of-days format is better because it's exhausting to try and do, like, 50 songs at once + gives more people a chance to participate at different times.

I actually think I might be one of the only few who actually likes So Good (well most of the songs at least).

Yes the plan is for the FOTP faves one to have the most hype, since it pits everyone's favourites together. But the other side rates can also have a good amount of participants since not every one is necessarily a pop stan and it might get some participation! 

Also the reveal format does give more time for graphics and other preparations so overall I do think it's better than a countdown format!

On 10/24/2017 at 11:12 AM, Vilppu said:

On 10/24/2017 at 7:48 PM, Vulnicura. said:

I actually think I might be one of the only few who actually likes So Good (well most of the songs at least).

Yes the plan is for the FOTP faves one to have the most hype, since it pits everyone's favourites together. But the other side rates can also have a good amount of participants since not every one is necessarily a pop stan and it might get some participation! 

Also the reveal format does give more time for graphics and other preparations so overall I do think it's better than a countdown format!

I hosted the FOTP Faves Album Megarate last year. rav2 Here is the archived section if you care to look. rav2 

https://fotpforums.com/forum/215-2016-fotp-faves-album-megarate/

I was planning on hosting it again this year so if you wanna collaborate on the event and host together I'd be down for that. rav2 

3 hours ago, Monster said:

I hosted the FOTP Faves Album Megarate last year. rav2 Here is the archived section if you care to look. rav2 

https://fotpforums.com/forum/215-2016-fotp-faves-album-megarate/

I was planning on hosting it again this year so if you wanna collaborate on the event and host together I'd be down for that. rav2 

yes I did dig down and found your thread which was why I had these ideas!rav2

You could take like the FOTP faves' albums, I prefer the alt r&b albums tbh, but yes we could possibly collabrav2'

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.