FOTP

The #PI Awards | The Nomination Thread

CHANEL #1    53,806

source.gif

Hello everyone!!! This is a very exciting thread! As I'm sure you've all heard by now, the #PI Awards are returning this season after a brief absence. 

There are some new categories this year as well as some old favorites returning!! 

For players participating in Season 6b, submitting nominations is required as part of your Week 4 challenge. However, we are also going to mention all those who participated in Season 6a in this thread. You are all welcome, and encouraged, to submit noms as well. 

Only releases that were released during Season 6 (a or b) are eligible for nomination. We recommend using the Weekly Releases Thread to assist in putting your nomination list together. For some categories we have compiled a list for you of what releases are eligible. In addition, certain categories have some minor restrictions on what nominations are allowed but more detail will be gone into about that in a bit.

When submitting nominations you are REQUIRED to submit THREE nominations per category. You can submit up to five total per category however. In addition, for each category you may only nominated one release per lead artist. As an example I'll use Lady Gaga. One of the awards this season is Single of the Year. Gaga released two singles during Season 6: "Float" and "Tribe". Gaga can only be nominated once in that category. However, "You Can't Sit With Us", a single by Katy Perry which features Gaga, could also be nominated in the same category as Gaga is not the lead artist. Hopefully, that makes sense. If not, let us know and we can explain further. 

There is another set of restrictions. These restrictions only apply to the following four awards:
Best Album (Player)
Best Single (Player)
Best Album (Label Exec)
Best Single (Label Exec)

For these categories Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Marina and the Diamonds and Christina Aguilera cannot be nominated for either of the "Player" categories. Respectively, they are the only artists who may be nominated for the "Label Exec" categories. Therefore, Best Album (Label Exec) and Best Single (Label Exec) will be the only two categories in which you will not be able to submit a maximum of five nominations as there are only four label execs. Again, if any of this doesn't make sense do not hesitate to let us know. 

When submitting your nominations you must send them in a PM to myself, not all three judges. I do this because I like to keep the nominations a surprise even to them. If you are a player this season please make sure your nominations PM is separate from your Week 4 Challenge PM. Also, @RihannaRTT and @Habits, you both need to submit nominations to me as well. 

You all have till Midnight on Saturday to submit your noms. It is crucial you submit them. Even if you don't plan to submit a challenge please send in noms. These awards really don't work if you guys don't send in noms. 

And now for the part you've been waiting for: The Categories!!!

Album of the Season
Single of the Season
Artist of the Season
Best Album (Player)
Best Single (Player)
Best Album (Label Exec)
Best Single (Label Exec)
Best #1 Single
Best Collaboration
Best Twitter User
Best Twitter Feud
Best #PI Moment
Favorite #PI Challenge

Remember, only releases from Season 6A and Season 6B are eligible for nomination.

Songs Eligible for Best #1 Single:
Spoiler

You Can't Sit With Us - Katy Perry f/ Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga & Marina and the Diamonds
Butterflies - Mariah Carey
Tribe - Lady Gaga f/ Kesha & Troye Sivan
Butterfly Effect - Troye Sivan
Bad for Us - Katy Perry f/ Adam Levine
Just for One Night - Ariana Grande
On Her Own - Ariana Grande f/ Nicki Minaj & Tiffany Hwang
Fools - Ariana Grande f/ Nicki Minaj

We also have some other surprises in store for the awards show but you'll have to wait and see what those are. 

I'm hoping to reveal the official nominations this Sunday. Then next week you guys will have Monday through Friday to vote for who you want to win each category. 

The #PI Awards will take place next week on Saturday. So mark your calendars. Maybe Gaga will take a lunch break halfway through the show again this year? Maybe she'll do the entire show without a break? Who knows? Maybe the show won't happen at all? JK. It will happen. No promises on the "no breaks" thing tho.

So yeah, have fun with this guys!! The success of the awards really depends on how much effort you guys put into the noms. Like this can be really fun or just really fucking lame so don't let this flop meg1 

Season 6A Taglist

CHANEL #1    53,806
1 minute ago, Chapman. said:

wait did we have one of these in s5? why didn't we have one in s5 i'm triggered meg1 

Because I'm a lazy ass bitch meg1 

Deal with it meg1 

But send in noms moo5

CHANEL #1    53,806

Knew I was forgetting something rip2 

We have a list for you guys of all the #1 singles. I'm gonna track that down and add it to the OP. Sorry y'all rip2 

EDIT: They're now in the OP

Sylk    139,876
2 hours ago, CHANEL #1 said:
Album of the Season - Butterflies, My Name is Mariah
Single of the Season - You Like This, Butterflies, Silk, Dear Tommy, Moments, Magic, Perfect Angel
Artist of the Season - Mariah Carey wendy1 
Best Album (Player) - Sylk!
Best Single (Player)- Sylk!
Best Album (Label Exec) - Sylk!!!
Best Single (Label Exec) - Sylk!!!
Best #1 Single - Butterflies (debuted at #1 btw)
Best Collaboration - Scandalous (With Erika), Late Night (with Riri)
Best Twitter User - Sylk who else dahhling
Best Twitter Feud - Mariah vs. Mrs Claus
Best #PI Moment - Sylk winning PI! 
Favorite #PI Challenge - Vacation planning

A little help for those not familiar with Mariah's Discography! sia1 

6-A Archive can be found here!

Don't forget to vote ladies! 

QB6G8CZ.gif

Count Olaf    2,936
Season 6A Taglist

Season 6B Taglist

@Voldemort @Shiver @Harry Styles @Party Monster @Royalty @Joanne @Maraj @Cosmic @Hyun. @barbiej33p @Hannah @GlenCoco @Nuclear Chicken @Sylk @Liam @Chris Pratt

go nominate Britney Spears!

Ha singles

TO BE LOVED

RUSH RUSH

FCUK (feat Kesha) NIGHT REMIX

THE MAN I USED TO KNOW (feat Katy Perry)

TEXT U MY TEARS (feat Erika Jayne)

KILLR BLONDES (Erika Jayne feat Britney and Xtina)

WE WILL BE STRONG (feat. Mariah Carey, Kesha and Rihanna)

TIMEBOMB (feat. Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande) REMIX

and ha albums

ECLIPSE: THE REMIX

BRITNEY! THATS ME

(side note: I know I haven’t released the remix yet but it will be in week 5 and also for that’s me)

RihannaRTT    78,817

This is honestly so exciting! cry1 Don't be lame by not submitting you little shits clap1 

Also a reminder that I deserve a fucking award for all the shit I do and You Can't Sit With Us remains iconic meg1 

Also a reminder that Karen Smith is also open for the Best Twitter User + Best Twitter Feud noms moo1 

Party Monster    631
8 hours ago, CHANEL #1 said:
Album of the Season - Wasteland, Want a Light?
Single of the Season - Take the Crown, The Road, It’ll All Be Over, Spliff, Late Night, Sushi, Vodka Cranberry
Artist of the Season - Rihanna
Best Album (Player) - Party Monster
Best Single (Player) - Party Monster
Best #1 Single - Take the Crown 💀
Best Collaboration - The Road (feat. Adam Levine) (his biggest hit this season btw)
Late Night (feat. Mariah Carey & Lil Debbie)
Sushi (feat. Troye Sivan)
Vodka Cranberry (feat. Christina Aguilera)
Rush Rush (with Britney Spears)
VH1 (with Katy Perry)
We Will Be Strong (with Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, & Kesha) 
Best Twitter User - Rihanna tbh
Best Twitter Feud - Rihanna vs Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj
Best #PI Moment - Ariana Grande not releasing a single on week 4 💀
Favorite #PI Challenge - Rihanna dragging everyone in challenge #2: Dress It Up or Dance It Off

Shiver    36,103
6 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

Also a reminder that I deserve a fucking award for all the shit I do and You Can't Sit With Us remains iconic meg1 

Queen of self awareness!

CHANEL #1    53,806
9 minutes ago, Voldemort said:

@CHANEL #1 what do we do for the best album (player) etc stuff

As stated in the OP, for Best Album and Single (Player), any album or that was released by anyone other than a Label Exec (Gaga, Katy, Marina and Xtina), so any album or single by a player, is eligible. 

For Best Album and Single (Label Exec), only releases from the four label execs are eligible. 

The one nomination per lead artist rule still applies to these four categories. 

CHANEL #1    53,806

I forgot to mention this but while you may nominate re-released albums, their main parent album will be the one that receives the nomination.

Marlon    81,433
Just now, CHANEL #1 said:

Yes but only once per category 

Thanks sia1 I didn't nominate myself too many times because I don't wanna come over as desperate sia1 

Hyun.    37,881

i better get nominated um2 i've been waiting for my well-deserved awards ever since Season V um2

RihannaRTT    78,817
1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

i better get nominated um2 i've been waiting for my well-deserved awards ever since Season V um2

Your featuretina-esque nominations are coming alex1