Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

Disney Channel To Feature Its First Gay Main Character

Disney Channel’s Andi Mack is about to make history… again.

Already considered groundbreaking for its handling of unconventional pregnancies — the show’s titular character (played by Peyton Elizabeth Lee) learns that her “older sister” is actually her mother — the coming-of-age dramedy will soon introduce the network’s first gay character.

VIDEOSExclusive Andi Mack Premiere Clip: Bowie’s Proposal Plan Hits a Snag

In the show’s second season, which kicks off with a one-hour premiere on Friday, Oct. 27 (8/7c), Andi’s best friend Cyrus (Joshua Rush) will come to the realization that he has feelings for Andi’s main squeeze Jonah (Asher Angel), TVLine has learned. Throughout the second season, Cyrus will gradually begin to understand himself, leaning on Buffy (Sofia Wylie) and Andi, who are also going through their own journeys as teenagers.

To make certain that Cyrus’ story is told appropriately and respectfully, Disney Channel and series creator Terri Minsky consulted with child development experts throughout the writing process. Additionally, the season premiere was screened in advance for multiple organizations, including Common Sense Media, GLAAD and PFLAG.

http://tvline.com/2017/10/25/disney-channel-gay-chatacter-cyrus-andi-mack-season-2/

His sexuality was heavily hinted at in the first season, so I’m glad to see they’re actually taking this somewhere.

I actually cried when I read this, this morning. This is such great news, it is going to help so many kids who feel like they can't relate to anybody.

I wish I had this when I was younger cry4 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I actually cried when I read this, this morning. This is such great news, it is going to help so many kids who feel like they can't relate to anybody.

I wish I had this when I was younger cry4 

my thoughts exactly antm1

On 10/26/2017 at 10:31 PM, PoisonCandy said:

That's amazing. I wish they were doing stuff like this back when me and my siblings watched it. It was a different time though, so it's understandable.

a LOT has changed since i watched Disney Channel jj4 

4 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Cyrus has officially come out on the show for the first time, what a great moment in Disney history.

This is actually really sweet and handled pretty well imo. The acting is pretty great too tbh. I'm glad they didn't make it some tacky ordeal with over the top acting Disney Channel shows are prone to have.

4 minutes ago, Hannah said:

This is actually really sweet and handled pretty well imo. The acting is pretty great too tbh. I'm glad they didn't make it some tacky ordeal with over the top acting Disney Channel shows are prone to have.

I just learned that Disney Channel UK also got its first openly gay main character this year, and I thought it was a great moment too

13 hours ago, Hylia said:

I just learned that Disney Channel UK also got its first openly gay main character this year, and I thought it was a great moment too

awe thats actually adorable oprah2 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.