Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

Tim Burton to remake Dumbo in 2019

On 10/30/2017 at 7:08 PM, Chris Morlock said:

Snow White>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As long as they put a modern twist on it (like they did with Maleficent) because if they just remake the original 1930s Snow White story in 2017 I'm not here for it, as much as I love Princesses...

Anyways, unlike a lot of people, I've actually been here for the majority of the live action Disney remakes.

However, this is the first one I definitely have to say no to.

There are some movies that only worked because of the time they were made, and remaking them more modern just doesn't work well at all. And I think this is one of them. I think Dumbo was meant to be a story kept in 1941 and bringing it into 2019 with live action CGI just feels... weird to me...

48 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

As long as they put a modern twist on it (like they did with Maleficent) because if they just remake the original 1930s Snow White story in 2017 I'm not here for it, as much as I love Princesses...

yeah itd distance today's audience if it looked like it did in 1937 jj3 

Just now, Chris Morlock said:

yeah itd distance today's audience if it looked like it did in 1937 jj3 

I'm not just talking about the LOOKS/animation. I'm talking about the story itself. Snow White was a product of her society's view of women. Like I love Princesses but let's be honest. She was just a male fantasy: she was beautiful, she was a servant to men, and she was a wife. And that's all. She doesn't have a true CHARACTER. Because that's the society she was made in.

If they make a remake of Snow White they have to put a modern twist on it. They have to give Snow White a PERSONALITY beyond just being beautiful and a servant to men. Because if they remake the story in the 2010s/2020s exactly the way it originally was, that's messed up.

2 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

I'm not just talking about the LOOKS/animation. I'm talking about the story itself. Snow White was a product of her society's view of women. Like I love Princesses but let's be honest. She was just a male fantasy: she was beautiful, she was a servant to men, and she was a wife. And that's all. She doesn't have a true CHARACTER. Because that's the society she was made in.

If they make a remake of Snow White they have to put a modern twist on it. They have to give Snow White a PERSONALITY beyond just being beautiful and a servant to men. Because if they remake the story in the 2010s/2020s exactly the way it originally was, that's messed up.

that too jj3 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.