Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

Travis Scott reportedly sued by paralyzed fan who fell from NYC concert balcony

Travis-Scott-live-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Kyle Green, 23, says he was pushed off a balcony during a show at Terminal 5 earlier this year.

Travis Scott has become known for creating a raucous environment at his concerts, but things went too far during his Birds Eye View tour stop at New York City's Terminal 5 earlier this year. The April 30 concert saw fans jumping from the venue’s balcony throughout the performance, including one Kyle Green, who suffered significant injuries that left him paralyzed from the fall.

The 23-year-old alleges he was pushed off “by the surging crowd” and is reportedly hitting the Scott with a lawsuit, according to the New York Post. Green was a student at the Fashion Institute of Technology while living in Brooklyn, but now has to rely on his family to survive back in Dutchess County, New York.

Reliving the incident Green told the Post, “I fell and hit the floor. Before I knew it, I was surrounded by security guards, who scooped me up.” After being egged on by Scott he continued, Travis Scott was yelling at his security guards to bring me to the stage. They didn’t put a backboard or a neck brace on me or anything, they just kinda lifted me up and pulled me around. Then they dropped me in front of the stage.”

The Birds In The Trap Sing McKnight artist then gave Green one of his expensive rings for his fearlessness before continuing the energetic show. The victim’s injuries include fractured vertebrae, a broken left wrist and fractured right ankle due to the fall. Even after multiple surgeries he will have to get around in a wheelchair the rest of his life after being paralyzed on his left side. Claiming the emotional toll has been brutal on him, Kyle's lawsuit also leaves blame on the venue and security guards in addition to Travis, as his concerts have “incited mayhem and chaos at prior events.”

Epic Records has not responded to Billboard’s request for comment. 

See footage from the concert below; the first video is unrelated

Source: Billboard

2 minutes ago, #Music said:

jj4 are we gonna act like it wasn't his fucking fault???????

You're right but it doesn't help that Travis was egging people on to jump dead2

Just now, Entea said:

You're right but it doesn't help that Travis was egging people on to jump dead2

indeed but if your fave tells you to jump off a balcony would you do it tho dead2

1 hour ago, Jony said:

btw the first video shows a different fan who jumped from the first floor, the person who got paralyzed fell from the second

Made it a bit more clearer jj2

On 10/30/2017 at 8:38 PM, Jony said:

btw the first video shows a different fan who jumped from the first floor, the person who got paralyzed fell from the second

On 10/30/2017 at 8:34 PM, Entea said:

See footage from the concert below; the first video is unrelated

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.