Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

#MonsterListens: Like a Prayer by Madonna (1989)

Oh my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee
And I detest all my sins because of Thy just punishment
But most of all, because I have offended Thee, oh my God
Who art all good and deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace
To confess my sins, to do penance, to amend my life,
And to avoid the temptations of evil.
tumblr_nstiqbFzzD1rrlueeo5_400.gif

A DISCLAIMER.

tumblr_ndyvkqAW4u1r4d3dao1_500.gif

Before I post my verdict, I want to make it known that I absolutely hate assigning number values to songs. kesha4 I thought I'd give it a try here tonight and I miserably failed after realizing I have no sense of gauging my scale. fall6 So, disregard my ratings and focus.m4a on my final review! sass1ny1 

#MONSTER'SVERDICT

Coming into the album knowing Like a Prayer and Express Yourself, I had high standards for the album. After getting a couple songs in, I definitely did not picture the album to sound like it did, but I was taken a back by how good it was for me not expecting what I heard. The ballads, as Aretha Franklin would say ( moo1 ): beautiful ballads, gorgeous ballads. oprah2 Seriously though I never thought of Madonna as a ballads artist, but now I have seen the light. oprah2

Anyways to update my album ranking:

Like a Prayer > True Blue >> Madonna > Like a Virgin

Until next listening party which will start much earlier for better attendance! sass1 

41 minutes ago, Monster said:

#MONSTER'SVERDICT

Coming into the album knowing Like a Prayer and Express Yourself, I had high standards for the album. After getting a couple songs in, I definitely did not picture the album to sound like it did, but I was taken a back by how good it was for me not expecting what I heard. The ballads, as Aretha Franklin would say ( moo1 ): beautiful ballads, gorgeous ballads. oprah2 Seriously though I never thought of Madonna as a ballads artist, but now I have seen the light. oprah2

Anyways to update my album ranking:

Like a Prayer > True Blue >> Madonna > Like a Virgin

Until next listening party which will start much earlier for better attendance! sass1 

oops sorry I had to leave for a while

Erotica's and Bedtime Stories' ballads are pretty good as well but Ray of Light's ballads are the best!

Some ballad gems are scattered throughout the 2000s as well.

I don't think I'll be free for any listening threads until Friday night, but I'm looking forward to Erotica!

Thanks for hosting this thread!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.