Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Bad Girl

I need new suggestions for artists / songs

Hi,

I want to listen to new artists and songs. So, make a new Spotify playlist with suggestions for songs and artists for me and post them in this topic, or make a list and post them. I like listening to artists like David Bowie, Grace Jones, Madonna, Blondie, Nine Inch Nails, Hole (with Courtney Love), Nirvana, Joy Division, The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Beatles, Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Björk, Lorde, Dua Lipa and SZA. I like listening to Pop, Rock, Industrial Rock, Metal, Country, Jazz, Grunge and New Wave. I like avant garde and alternative stuff. My favorite era's in music are the 70's, 80's, 90s and early 2000s.

Post the suggestions / playlist in this topic and I'll give them a listen if the suggestions aren't trash. mad3

10 minutes ago, Station to Station said:

David Bowie, Grace Jones, Madonna, Blondie, Nine Inch Nails, Hole (with Courtney Love), Nirvana, Joy Division, The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Beatles, Lana Del Rey, Björk, Lorde

Great taste. oprah2 

I haven't checked all albums by Bowie. Hole/Courtney, Nirvana, Joy Division are on my "to do" list. I think I only listened to one Blondie album. 

Just now, Nocturn said:

I haven't checked all albums by Bowie. Hole/Courtney, Nirvana, Joy Division are on my "to do" list. I think I only listened to one Blondie album. 

You really need to get into Bowie. I love most of his albums. If you want, I can give you a list of my favorite Bowie albums? I listened to Hole's second album Live Through This and also some songs from their debut. I love listening to Courtney's raw voice. I listened to Nirvana's first two albums, still need to listen to Utero and MTV Unplugged (but already listened to their Bowie cover from that performance) Joy Division is great too, listened to only one album but I really love Ian's voice (may he rest in peace). I'm listening to Plastic Letters by Blondie right now! I listened to Blondie, Plastic Letters and a bunch of other great seperate songs.

6 minutes ago, Station to Station said:

I was a stan when I was like, eleven? But I really dislike her album covers (not the one for Rainbow) and most of her songs sound dated now. tina1

I don't like her older album covers either, but that has nothing to do with the music. Have you listened to Rainbow yet? I love it yas2 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I don't like her older album covers either, but that has nothing to do with the music. Have you listened to Rainbow yet? I love it yas2 

It has nothing to do with the music, but I'm very judgemental and my eyes need aesthetically pleasing album covers. tina1

I haven't listened to Rainbow in full, just a few tracks.

Dum Dum Girls - Rimbaud's Eyes

Alphabeat - Hole In My Heart, Rubber Boots 

Ryan Adams - Kim, Magick...  

Eurythmics - One of the best synthpop/rock acts of the 80s. Annie Lennox 's soulful voice and robotic beats are a perfect fusion. 

Architecture in Helsinki - W.O.W.

Bat For Lashes - Prescilla 

The B-52s - Roam

Brandon Flowers - Can't Deny My Love

Billy Idol -  White Wedding

Blossoms - Getaway, Cut Me And I'll Bleed

Chairlift - Met Before, Amanaemonesia

Florence and the Machine - Swimming

Garbage - Queer

Goldfrapp - Anymore, Ride A White Horse

Hurts - Wonderful Life

Guesch Patti -  L'Homme Au Tablier Vert  (this female French artist has many bops)

Haim - Fallling

Iggy Pop - Candy

INXS - Suicide Blonde

Le Tigre - Deceptacon mess1 

Kitten - Like A Stranger

Mozart's Sister - Mozart's Sister wendy1 

Paul Haig - The Only Truth   aura1 

Peter Gabriel - Big Time

Shura (talented super lesbionic sensation) - Touch 

Sinead O'Connor - Troy, I Want You (Hands On Me)

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Cities in Dust

3 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Eurythmics - One of the best synthpop/rock acts of the 80s. Annie Lennox 's soulful voice and robotic beats are a perfect fusion. 

I listened to Eurythmics and they were great. Thank you so much for mentioning them again. I'll listen to them tomorrow. cry6

Talk Talk - It's My Life nat2 

Talking Heads - Burning Down The House

The Human League - Don't You Want Me Baby, Human

Tasmin Archer - Sleeping Satellite

Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me

Telekinesis - In A Future World

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

The Killers - The Man

Transister - Look Who's Perfect Now

Sade - Smooth Operator

4 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Talking Heads - Burning Down The House

A BOP

cry7

4 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

A BOP 2X

cry6

By the way you need to listen to this song! It's SO good and I think it's fresher than the remixed version (Heart of Glass)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.