Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Say Lou Lou

Ultraviolence is Lana's worst title track

Because it isn't, it's heavenly, incredible, talented, all those things. It's lush, mixes in most of the sounds on UV with violins and soft rock, it has controversial lyrics that defined the UV era, it's basically the perfect representation for UV, hench it's the title track! 

The worst title track title goes to BTD, it's an uninspired mess that while represents the album well offers nothing new or of valuable, tied with Honeymoon! jj2

1 minute ago, Lust said:

Because it isn't, it's heavenly, incredible, talented, all those things. It's lush, mixes in most of the sounds on UV with violins and soft rock, it has controversial lyrics that defined the UV era, it's basically the perfect representation for UV, hench it's the title track! 

The worst title track title goes to BTD, it's an uninspired mess that while represents the album well offers nothing new or of valuable, tied with Honeymoon! jj2

Lyrics so controversial that she stopped performing it, just like Cola! Stay on the wrong side of history! moo1

It's ironic you describe Ultraviolence as lush, because that's exactly what I would describe Born to Die as. Ultraviolence just comes off as excessively dreary and dull. It's overly layered with wooziness, to the point that the message is lost. Honeymoon strips all that back and offers a crisp simplicity that delivers the message much more effectively. jj2

40 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Lyrics so controversial that she stopped performing it, just like Cola! Stay on the wrong side of history! moo1

It's ironic you describe Ultraviolence as lush, because that's exactly what I would describe Born to Die as. Ultraviolence just comes off as excessively dreary and dull. It's overly layered with wooziness, to the point that the message is lost. Honeymoon strips all that back and offers a crisp simplicity that delivers the message much more effectively. jj2

Just because censoring herself and her art and pandering is Lana's thing this era doesn't make those iconic lyrics and times any less legendary! jj2 

BTD, like many songs off BTD just sound like an idea stretched too thin, it's repetitive, cheap, it excels at nothing, and it's a shame too because the concept of the song is amazing otherwise.

UV is a wozzy album, I don't see the problem with the title track representing that, it results in a beautiful and haunting product! The bridge is one of the best moments in the album, it's euphoric. It kind of gives me West Coast tease with the production perfecting, all the layers create beautiful works of art, but what can we expect from a UV hater! jj2 

You have a lot nerve complaining UV is dreary and dull followed by a statement stanning for Honeymoon, while I don't hate it, it's basically the perfect example of why Lana is a joke in some people's mind, overly dramatic, trying too hard attempting to be interpretational, overly slow and leads nowhere, a la a Riverside tease! which i don't hate either. jj2 

On 11/6/2017 at 4:55 PM, Lust said:

BTD, like many songs off BTD just sound like an idea stretched too thin, it's repetitive, cheap, it excels at nothing, and it's a shame too because the concept of the song is amazing otherwise.

UV is a wozzy album, I don't see the problem with the title track representing that, it results in a beautiful and haunting product! The bridge is one of the best moments in the album, it's euphoric. It kind of gives me West Coast tease with the production perfecting, all the layers create beautiful works of art, but what can we expect from a UV hater! jj2 

You have a lot nerve complaining UV is dreary and dull followed by a statement stanning for Honeymoon, while I don't hate it, it's basically the perfect example of why Lana is a joke in some people's mind, overly dramatic, trying too hard attempting to be interpretational, overly slow and leads nowhere, a la a Riverside tease! which i don't hate either. jj2 

Again, ironic that you say that, because I find that's the case with most of UV! Money Power Glory is based entirely off a weak and repetitive chorus stretched into four dull minutes of mental malaise. Fucked My Way Up The The Top tries so hard to be edgy and just ends up cringey, with gratingly loud production to boot. Sad Girl is a completely half-assed attempt at keying into youth culture that's about two minutes too long. Ultraviolence supports domestic violence and still somehow manages to be boring. I could go on, but you get the point. jj2

One man's "beautiful and haunting" is another man's "unappealing and dull"! What can we expect from a Honeymoon hater but this kind of nonsensical support of subpar products? jj2

Hoo boy, I definitely disagree there. Lana's a joke for people because she followed up a stunning debut with a horrible letdown that alienated many fans, to the point that she abandoned the producer and is unlikely to ever work with him again! Let's not forget that UV is basically considered synonymous with the "teens on Tumblr with self-diagnosed depression" demographic. Let's also remember that UV is the first album she ever just abandoned completely after it was released, starting a trend for the future. She definitely does not hold it in high regard, so neither should you. jj2

1 hour ago, Americunt said:

I agree. Some will probably try to argue that Honeymoon is worse, but that's their problem! jj2 

Hopefully everyone's on the same page with the objective fact that Born to Die is her best title track, though.

nope honeymoon is the best sorry1 

16 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Hoo boy, I definitely disagree there. Lana's a joke for people because she followed up a stunning debut with a horrible letdown that alienated many fans, to the point that she abandoned the producer and is unlikely to ever work with him again! Let's not forget that UV is basically considered synonymous with the "teens on Tumblr with self-diagnosed depression" demographic. Let's also remember that UV is the first album she ever just abandoned completely after it was released, starting a trend for the future. She definitely does not hold it in high regard, so neither should you. jj2

@Lust he really went off on that one rih1 

seriously it was cute for the controversy during the era but everyones so over it and its justifiable bc like no sane would casually listen to that disgusting emo crap jj4 

2 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Def acceptable as a Top 2 choice. jj2 

same goes to BTD we fucking love these facts now dont we sissy xtina14 

8 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Again, ironic that you say that, because I find that's the case with most of UV! Money Power Glory is based entirely off a weak and repetitive chorus stretched into four dull minutes mental malaise. Fucked My Way Up The The Top tries so hard to be edgy and just ends up cringey, with gratingly loud production to boot. Sad Girl is a completely half-assed attempt at keying into youth culture that's about two minutes too long. Ultraviolence supports domestic violence and still somehow manages to be boring. I could go on, but you get the point. jj2

One man's "beautiful and haunting" is another man's "unappealing an dull"! What can we expect from a Honeymoon hater but this kind of nonsensical support of subpar products? jj2

I mean sure MPG isn't the most sonically inspiring track, but it's at least lyrically engaging like most of UV, FMWUTTT is also weak sure, but it's existence is more than justified for making the title track's last chorus so exquisite, and again you call UV's title track boring while stanning for HM? in what world does that even make sense, how is the HM title track not more repetitive? more boring? 

And sure UV may slip up half way through but so does BTD and it takes a bigger slope on an already worse album so!

Oh wow, oh wow, there it comes out! rih9 the delusions!

Lana is basically known at this point for serving a different sound each era or at least greatly evolving ones whilst maintaining her iconic signature throughout the changes, so alienating fans with a strikingly bolder sound, while might be somewhat true is hardly a feasible complaint, would you really want Lana to still be evolving that ugly movie soundtrack schtick instead of moving on? Let's not forgot BTD is basically synonymous with flower crown girls, pretty cameras. SNL, backlash, negative reception, aging bad, etc! Let's also remember she at least still performs UV songs live, often talks about the impact it left (such as the UV lyrics) and clearly thinks GREATLY of it, considering she said a while ago it's her favorite record at a live show? Honeymoon can't relate to any of that having it's only relevancy be MTWBT getting a live debut and being performed every few shows if it's lucky, and the only times it comes up is her describing it as a somber/neutral phase and era... yikes! jj2 

2 minutes ago, Lust said:

I mean sure MPG isn't the most sonically inspiring track, but it's at least lyrically engaging like most of UV, FMWUTTT is also weak sure, but it's existence is more than justified for making the title track's last chorus so exquisite, and again you call UV's title track boring while stanning for HM? in what world does that even make sense, how is the HM title track not more repetitive? more boring? 

And sure UV may slip up half way through but so does BTD and it takes a bigger slope on an already worse album so!

Oh wow, oh wow, there it comes out! rih9 the delusions!

Lana is basically known at this point for serving a different sound each era or at least greatly evolving ones whilst maintaining her iconic signature throughout the changes, so alienating fans with a strikingly bolder sound, while might be somewhat true is hardly a feasible complaint, would you really want Lana to still be evolving that ugly movie soundtrack schtick instead of moving on? Let's not forgot BTD is basically synonymous with flower crown girls, pretty cameras. SNL, backlash, negative reception, aging bad, etc! Let's also remember she at least still performs UV songs live, often talks about the impact it left (such as the UV lyrics) and clearly thinks GREATLY of it, considering she said a while ago it's her favorite record at a live show? Honeymoon can't relate to any of that having it's only relevancy be MTWBT getting a live debut and being performed every few shows if it's lucky, and the only times it comes up is her describing it as a somber/neutral phase and era... yikes! jj2 

"Dope and diamonds [x35]" and "I'm a dragon you're a whore" is not "lyrically engaging". It's pretty base, actually. "Exquisite" is also a strong term for that annoyingly loud chorus. jj4

UV slips up on track two, while it takes BTD to track five before we reach one that's not totally incredible. Try again!

Lana was not known for having a "different sound every era" when UV came out! In fact, it was so polarizing that many people decided to drop her completely and not give her a second look again. A huge number of people saw it as a lack of evolution from the lyrical themes of BTD (which lbr, it was), even if the sound is not totally the same. Thankfully I still like the themes and she moved on from that ugly sound quickly, otherwise I might not have stuck around. BTD is synonymous with setting up her career as a unique and special artist. Controversy galore! SNL was a huge clusterfuck, but it got her mainstream exposure and exposed her to many people who later became fans. Flower crown girls remain to this day a symbol of the era and a mark of her concerts. Some are awful people, but there's a few bad apples in every bunch. Aging badly is a lie perpetuated by UV stans like you! She also still performs more BTD songs than UV songs on most of her concert sets, because that's by far the album that she enjoys performing the most. Honeymoon is bad for performing because it's mostly not designed to be performed in the outdoor arenas she prefers as venues. If she did another full round of indoor seated venues, I expect there'd be more Honeymoon songs than anything else. jj2

Honeymoon takes the cake and y’all are wrong for trying to create a bandwaggon for her worst album and title track. Serving Madonna stans calling Erotten her best album. jj4 

That said, Ultraviolence as title track is so forced. It’s like she has incorporated the title into the song for the sake of having a title track. The same goes for Honeymoon though. Equally forced and try-hard.

19 hours ago, Americunt said:

I agree. Some will probably try to argue that Honeymoon is worse, but that's their problem! jj2 

Hopefully everyone's on the same page with the objective fact that Born to Die is her best title track, though.

It's the best of a bad bunch mad12 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.