Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

KatnissLawrence

Virginia special election will reflect Trump's performance and the state of democrats for next year and 2020

2 minutes ago, KatnissLawrence said:

The governors of both were republicans and have been for a long time. It means a very lot great things in 2018 for democrats. If it didn't mean anything, trump wouldn't be tweeting about it eve1

If these states meant anything, Trump would’ve won them last time around rip4

Ed Glipsese has been trying to become Governor and/or Senator from that state since the Bush Administration and has failed, continually. The socially liberally northern part of that state is finally strong enough to offset the conservative south and keep that state blue. When Obama flipped it in 2008,  it stayed flipped. 

Christie in New Jersey was an anomalous win at best. No Republican ever had any change of flipping that state any wider.

If this had been taking place in state that Trump had won last time, I’d be willing to concede that it might mean something.

But the Republicans lose Chris Christie’s seat? And a handful of state legislator seats in a blue state. 

These results are 100%, categorically irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Mamacita said:

If these states meant anything, Trump would’ve won them last time around rip4

Ed Glipsese has been trying to become Governor and/or Senator from that state since the Bush Administration and has failed, continually. The socially liberally northern part of that state is finally strong enough to offset the conservative south and keep that state blue. When Obama flipped it in 2008,  it stayed flipped. 

Christie in New Jersey was an anomalous win at best. No Republican ever had any change of flipping that state any wider.

If this had been taking place in state that Trump had won last time, I’d be willing to concede that it might mean something.

But the Republicans lose Chris Christie’s seat? And a handful of state legislator seats in a blue state. 

These results are 100%, categorically irrelevant.

you missed my next post 

4 minutes ago, KatnissLawrence said:

In 2016 , democrats had a change to take control of the senate and almost no chance to take control of the house, so the fact that they have a strong chance to take over the house, means republicans dug themselves a grave- for anyone thinking this isn't important, educate yourself.eve1

“Strong” is too strong of a word rip4

Better is a more correct term, but they’re still a very bad position. I’ll admit though that they’re in a better position in the house then they were a year ago, but that climb will be incredibly difficult. 

And the Republicans are going to keep the Senate, they’re probably going to increase their majority, they might even push 60.

Again, as I said, the off-off term elections in deeply blue state mean nothing rip4

Just now, Mamacita said:

Better is a more correct term, but they’re still a very bad position. I’ll admit though that they’re in a better position in the house then they were a year ago, but that climb will be incredibly difficult. 

And the Republicans are going to keep the Senate, they’re probably going to increase their majority, they might even push 60.

Again, as I said, the off-off term elections in deeply blue state mean nothing rip4

girl they're 4 votes vote away from the taking control of the house as of now.carla1

Just now, KatnissLawrence said:

girl they're 4 votes vote away from the taking control of the house as of now.carla1

Are you talking about the US House of Reps?

Or the Virginia State House? 

Because that institution is even more irrelevant then this election rip4

5 minutes ago, Mamacita said:

Republicans are not going to 60. You keep pushing this in your head, but it ain't going to 60 rip4 It's for debate if they gain, tie, lose seats, but literally no one is shooting for 60 jj3 

But anyways, it's a year in advance, so pointless to say anything now.

18 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Republicans are not going to 60. You keep pushing this in your head, but it ain't going to 60 rip4 It's for debate if they gain, tie, lose seats, but literally no one is shooting for 60 jj3 

But anyways, it's a year in advance, so pointless to say anything now.

The concept is far from being born  in my own head, they’ll get to 57, I know that because I look at the map. rip4

Odds are it won’t be 60, that’s the perfect storm scenario. And they could lose Dean Heller’s seat in Neveda, but otherwise, I don’t expect them to lose anything. 

But as always, we’ll see, as you said, it’s a year out. 

''If I had to put a bet on it, I’d bet Democrats will ultimately win control of Virginia’s House of Delegates. They’ve captured 47 seats, and they’re ahead in four more races, pending absentee and provisional ballots. So far, absentee ballots have broken more Democratic than the Election Day vote, so that’s no comfort to Republicans. But the bottom line is, we probably won’t be able to call control tonight.''

Come through dems

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.