Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jony

Billboard spills the tea about LWYMMD's chart drop

Though FM radio powered much of her previous success as she morphed from a country singer to pop princess -- she is one of just seven artists with at least eight Pop Songs No. 1s -- her team has pulled back on radio ­promotion. According to two people familiar with the ­situation, Swift's record label made a push to get "Look" to No. 1, then backed off, which led to the chart drop. (Big Machine Records declined to ­comment on marketing or promotion.)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8030254/taylor-swift-reputation-charging-no-1-despite-radio-chart-drop

sounds organic to me interesting1 

12 minutes ago, Jony said:

Though FM radio powered much of her previous success as she morphed from a country singer to pop princess -- she is one of just seven artists with at least eight Pop Songs No. 1s -- her team has pulled back on radio ­promotion. According to two people familiar with the ­situation, Swift's record label made a push to get "Look" to No. 1, then backed off, which led to the chart drop. (Big Machine Records declined to ­comment on marketing or promotion.)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8030254/taylor-swift-reputation-charging-no-1-despite-radio-chart-drop

sounds organic to me interesting1 

I mean this is obvious and didn't even need a confirmation. The song was literally lifeless and then it rose from the dead and leaped to #1. Then the Monday following, it tumbled like a demolition. I don't understand the strategy behind this other than to save some face. The song had already gotten to #1 on Billboard so there was no reason (in my opinion) to get it to #1 on radio other than to say "Oh look it had a bit of longevity." But that's the powerful machine working behind Taylor. The same machine that BOUGHT her 2 million copies on opening week. 

I guess right now they are sort of just content with "Ready For It..." it's sorta just there on radio. The song already peaked at #4 on Billboard so it's already a "top ten hit." And it's making slow and steady gains at radio and is good enough to ride it out until the Ed Sheeran feature gets rolled out.

9 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

The song had already gotten to #1 on Billboard so there was no reason (in my opinion) to get it to #1 on radio other than to say "Oh look it had a bit of longevity." But that's the powerful machine working behind Taylor. The same machine that BOUGHT her 2 million copies on opening week. 

Makes me wonder how organic some questionable reviews she plastered all over her instagram to congratulate haself were dead2 

Everything about the HUGE debut numbers on radio, spotify, youtube and even sales for her singles seemed a bit sketchy. The sudden drop on all platforms basically confirmed all of our suspicions wendy1

That paired with the insanely big album numbers and those questionably positive reviews make me wonder if the album's success will be any more... organic! 

2 hours ago, Agugaga said:

I mean this is obvious and didn't even need a confirmation. The song was literally lifeless and then it rose from the dead and leaped to #1. Then the Monday following, it tumbled like a demolition. I don't understand the strategy behind this other than to save some face. The song had already gotten to #1 on Billboard so there was no reason (in my opinion) to get it to #1 on radio other than to say "Oh look it had a bit of longevity." But that's the powerful machine working behind Taylor. The same machine that BOUGHT her 2 million copies on opening week. 

I guess right now they are sort of just content with "Ready For It..." it's sorta just there on radio. The song already peaked at #4 on Billboard so it's already a "top ten hit." And it's making slow and steady gains at radio and is good enough to ride it out until the Ed Sheeran feature gets rolled out.

You are so pressed, it's hilarious eve1

Anyway, not surprising. And honestly, Taylor's album probably would have sold really well with or without a big single success. The label was basically doing all the promotion, since she was doing zilch, so they didn't really need to do much more after it hit number one. 

12 minutes ago, Sydney said:

I swear Taylor must have pockets deeper than Bill Gates. She buys positive reviews, buys her own albums, buys her own singles, buys youtube views, what's next? She pays people to see her tours? ayumi1

Glad you agree!

2 hours ago, Sydney said:

I swear Taylor must have pockets deeper than Bill Gates. She buys positive reviews, buys her own albums, buys her own singles, buys youtube views, what's next? She pays people to see her tours? ayumi1

Pay me

1 hour ago, Hector said:

Did y'all REALLY think her label was going to let her new song flop? I wouldn't even be surprised if they are behind 60% of Taylor's sales of her new album

Haven’t heard from Belinda since The Pop Zone days

8 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

what im saying is if her label cared enough she could be.

No, cause she won’t ever be as big outside of the US as Adele. Adele has universal appeal and is recognized for her insane talent. Taylor Swift really has nothing outstanding about herself, except an insanely strategetic marketing team and an army of lawyers. Oh and strong business (and KKK/white supremacist) relationships.

9 minutes ago, LaToya Jackson said:

No, cause she won’t ever be as big outside of the US as Adele. Adele has universal appeal and is recognized for her insane talent. Taylor Swift really has nothing outstanding about herself, except an insanely strategetic marketing team and an army of lawyers. Oh and strong business (and KKK/white supremacist) relationships.

What universal appeal does Adele have? Grandma appeal? Taylor has a great group of fans and she doesn’t have a KKK/White supremacist relationship, stop lying out of your arse.

7 hours ago, Reputation said:

What universal appeal does Adele have? Grandma appeal? Taylor has a great group of fans and she doesn’t have a KKK/White supremacist relationship, stop lying out of your arse.

then why is she outtselling your fav then ? wendy4

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.