Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jdpm1991

Why hasn't Gaga been able to write an entire record herself?

No, she isn't.  For every You & I and Dope there's an Eh Eh or Diamond Heart, which has one of the worst melodies of any recent pop song.

I wish she would do a stripped-down written-by-herself record though.  I think it would be good.  The only album from hers that works start to finish is Born This Way.  All the rest are wildly uneven.

1 minute ago, Reputation said:

Madonna

Ed Sheeran

Taylor

Lorde

Justin Timberlake

Miley

A lot do

Madonna - Never wrote a record completely solo. On many of her early albums, she didn't even co-write every track.

Ed Sheeran - Only wrote EPs solo, never an album.

Taylor - Has never written a whole record + bonus tracks completely solo. Speak Now comes closest, with all but one bonus track (If This Was a Movie) being written completely solo.

Lorde - Again, never wrote a record completely solo.

Justin Timberlake - Has never even written one song completely solo.

Miley - Again, no completely solo record. Even into the Bangerz era, she wasn't a co-writer on every track.

2 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Madonna - Never wrote a record completely solo. On many of her early albums, she didn't even co-write every track.

Taylor - Has never written a whole record + bonus tracks completely solo. Speak Now comes closest, with all but one bonus track (If This Was a Movie) being written completely solo.

Miley - Again, no completely solo record. Even into the Bangerz era, she wasn't a co-writer on every track.

/EndThread ny12 

Even Charlie Puth, who makes his albums on his own as co writers.

Also you have to consider the fact that record labels are very restrictive over self-written albums. I don’t know what it entails but they may not like that only the artist gets credit. Grimes writes and produces EVERY single album and single (except for covers and stuff), but her record label might let her do that. A lot of indie labels are free-going about that.

35 minutes ago, Demi said:

I think you'll find the vast majority of her lyrics are written by her but extra words or sentences are added in to fit into the producer's track.

songwriting includes creating melodies too not just lyrics

But nobody really does completely solo albums, I'd like to see her release more solo written songs though. Does she have any other than Y&I and Speechless?

54 minutes ago, Satori said:

No, she isn't.  For every You & I and Dope there's an Eh Eh or Diamond Heart, which has one of the worst melodies of any recent pop song.

I wish she would do a stripped-down written-by-herself record though.  I think it would be good.  The only album from hers that works start to finish is Born This Way.  All the rest are wildly uneven.

Dope is literally one of her worst, though.... jj4 

14 minutes ago, Americunt said:

And there you have it

43 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Just in her first 2 albums and only 5 songs I think rih2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.