Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jony

Best #1 of 2017?

Which one  

49 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Starboy
    • Black Beatles
    • Bad & Boujee
    • Shape of You
    • Humble
    • That's What I Like
    • I'm The One
    • Despacito
    • LWYMMD
    • Bodak Yellow
    • Rockstar

46 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

i knew it was succesful but not THAT succesful shock1 a shame since it's shit.

Never really liked the song at first. But the bridge gave me life and I got into it after a minute. It’s a shame they sacrificed Versace for this tho. Versace was getting all the sales and airplay when the album initially  launched and then they put a cap on it and went for “That’s what I like”. Then they decided to make Versace happen during the summer, like wyd Bruno? That’s What I like could’ve slayed as the 3rd single regardless.

and then the same thing with The Weeknd and the Starboy album. Two great albums that were botched Bc of how they decided to release the singles, despite having so many good songs.

5 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Never really liked the song at first. But the bridge gave me life and I got into it after a minute. It’s a shame they sacrificed Versace for this tho. Versace was getting all the sales and airplay when the album initially  launched and then they put a cap on it and went for “That’s what I like”. Then they decided to make Versace happen during the summer, like wyd Bruno? That’s What I like could’ve slayed as the 3rd single regardless.

and then the same thing with The Weeknd and the Starboy album. Two great albums that were botched Bc of how they decided to release the singles, despite having so many good songs.

well the main problem with 0.2K magic imo was its title track, a shameless Uptown Funk rehash; it sure charted decently but it had nowhere near the same impact as Bruno's highest hits. after that i guess they went into panic mode also with the album being very short and lacking surefire hits.

Starboy had the typical "urban" album rollout, 15 singles pushed at once on various formats and what not... at least the album was great. i guess we were spoiled back then with The Beauty Behind The Madness and its great singles rollout.

28 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

well the main problem with 0.2K magic imo was its title track, a shameless Uptown Funk rehash; it sure charted decently but it had nowhere near the same impact as Bruno's highest hits. after that i guess they went into panic mode also with the album being very short and lacking surefire hits.

Starboy had the typical "urban" album rollout, 15 singles pushed at once on various formats and what not... at least the album was great. i guess we were spoiled back then with The Beauty Behind The Madness and its great singles rollout.

I feel like Ed’s album will suffer the same fate after “Perfect,” which they expected to hit #1 but will probably peak around #4.

They had the whole album campaign centered around “Perfect” and basically let Castle on The Kill ruin all the momentum and they paid dust to Galaway Girl all Bc they wanted to plan a holiday hit with “Perfect.” “Perfect” just seems too perfect/orchestrated to work as a #1xtina11 

5 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I feel like Ed’s album will suffer the same fate after “Perfect,” which they expected to hit #1 but will probably peak around #4.

They had the whole album campaign centered around “Perfect” and basically let Castle on The Kill ruin all the momentum and they paid dust to Galaway Girl all Bc they wanted to plan a holiday hit with “Perfect.” “Perfect” just seems too perfect/orchestrated to work as a #1xtina11 

idk, haven't honestly listened to Divide at all after SOY being everyfuckingwhere for what feels like a century already. i wish Ed and his team the worst. fall3 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.