Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

#MonsterListens: Bedtime Stories (1994)

15 minutes ago, Urbi said:

did you like it mad1 

well I heard a few songs from Arca before so I kind of knew what I was getting into, but I liked the album more than I expected to.

About Time got me hooked on the first track, I really like Sabrina's style, the only way I can describe it is as a lighthearted version of Banks.mad1

5 hours ago, Urbi said:

Her best album don’t quote me mad1 

5 hours ago, Monster said:

Erotica exists mad1 

You two need to stop with these damn lies. jj4 Objectively, neither of those two qualify as her best.

6 hours ago, Vulnicura. said:

another song of hers in the 2010s has a reference to Vogue

there's probably a lot more I can't recall now

tumblr_mxzj5acEfW1rlb6iho1_r1_400.gif

In her song Love Song from Like A Prayer she sings “Time goes by so slowly for those who wait and those who run seem to have all the fun” or something and she used that lyrics as well in Hung Up.

5 hours ago, Vulnicura. said:

About Time got me hooked on the first track, I really like Sabrina's style, the only way I can describe it is as a lighthearted version of Banks.mad1

stan cry6

Unravel Me is a SOTY

4 hours ago, LaToya Jackson said:

You two need to stop with these damn lies. jj4 Objectively, neither of those two qualify as her best.

Yeah objectively speaking you can brag about Ray Of Light all you want, but I THINK it's her best so sit down

Just now, Vulnicura. said:

Ray of Light beats out Bedtime Stories in everyone of those categoriesum1

I like its theme more. Also I'm a bigger fan of silky pop/rnb music rather than ambient/trans influenced pop that was on ROL, that's why for example tracks written/produced by Hooper or Babyface are better in my opinion (but it doesn't mean that W. Orbit is a bad producer of course!). When it comes to lyrics I think they are more mature on Bedtime Stories than on ROL. It's still very smooth and sexy record, but less vulgar than Erotica, not necessarily prudish. :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.