Archive: Season 7

RebelHeart15    1,925

NEWMADGEWEBSITE.png

MADONNA RELEASES NEW SONG WITH THE SOUND DROP

All hail the Queen of Pop! The one and only Madonna returned last month the release of her first true single (not counting the charity singles) since the devastating attack on her 59th birthday party in August. The singer, always the fighter, came back in full Madonna force with her song Shot in the Dark. Now, Madonna has officially released what is described as her angriest, most unapologetic song of her long and illustrious career. In the summer, Madonna worked closely with Lady Gaga on Gaga's song The Awakening which was billed as the first single from Gaga's new record. However, the song came and went without making much of an impact on radio and streaming. It was revealed in the aftermath of the track that the working relationship between Gaga and Madonna soured rather quickly in the studio. Madonna was quoted saying "It was fine at first, however the more time passed, the more and more the demands she made became unrealistic. She wanted things that did not work with her concept. She was very contradictory and any time anyone tried to tell her she may not be making the best choice, she blew up and it was all very unpleasant. Nobody enjoyed working on that track and I think it shows." Gaga and Madonna reportedly had many arguments over the course of the production which led to the two parting ways once more when the song was officially released. When the single failed to meet expectations, Gaga announced to the collaborators and her label that the song and everything related to it was to be scrapped. This frustrated many, however Madonna was the most annoyed. Having taken time away from her own work to supply help on the track, Madonna felt betrayed that all of the effort and pain went to waist. Both women elected to keep the fight private. However, Gaga brought into the spotlight when she made some not so subtle remarks about Madonna in the press and even called the Material Girl out in her new song Deals With the Devil. Madonna, never one to be raked over the coals, has officially clapped back in a song that she says is "brutally honest. If she wants honesty, I'll show her what honesty looks like." The track not only covers their current battle, it also talks about the previous spats that the two women had in the past with Madonna alluding to Gaga's reported "borrowing and redressing"  of ideas. The song is being released in partnership with Pepsi's THE SOUND DROP which has organized several promotional events for the song to be revealed in the coming days. 

queenneverforget.png

QUEEN

Written by: Madonna Ciccone 

Produced by: Maluma and Mirwais Ahmadzai

Recorded: October 21-28, 2017 Cherry Tree Studios

Length: 3:51

Label: WILDD Records, a subsidiary of Warner Music Group

Distributed by: Pepsi's THE SOUND DROP

Formats: Streaming, Download, CD (limited)

LYRICS

Spoiler

Verse I

You’re a cute girl, sure

But where’s the action?

You need all the attention

To get some satisfaction

You’re game’s so familiar

Yeah, I see you falling apart

You took a page from my book

Redressed it, and called it art

Pre-Chorus

I don’t have to say anything

You fuel the fire yourself

(It’s such a shame they can’t get your songs off the shelf)

Chorus

There’s only one queen

And baby you know that it’s me

Why do you have to argue

Baby, just let it be

You’ve already lost the battle

Yet you still declare war

Never forget this moment

Turn and walk out the door

Verse II

You just don’t understand

That they see through your game

You promise all these changes

But only give more of the same

You know I’m not sorry

What am I supposed to say

I don’t put up with liars

I guess I was just born that way

Chorus

Spoken Intermission

Listen kid, I like you..I do But you bring all this on yourself

It’s hard to feel bad

For someone who just loves to make enemies

Chorus

Outro

Don’t you ever forget

Don’t you ever forget.

Forever is forever baby.

Never forget

INSTRUMENTAL

Spoiler

RebelHeart15    1,925

PLEASE READ SPOILER 

Spoiler

DISREGARD EVERYWHERE IT SAYS "SEPTEMBER" AND MAKE IT "NOVEMBER" MAGAZINE WAS MADE PRIOR TO BREAK #1 AND DATE CHANGES WERE NOT ABLE TO HAPPEN AS NO ACCESS TO DO SO.

SHAWNwebsite.png

SHAWN MENDES PAPER MAGAZINE 

Before his music has even been heard, Shawn Mendes has proven that he is full of surprises. Securing a record deal with a high profile corporation and a major label, he has worked tirelessly to prove that talent can come from anywhere. Shawn got his start with social media and faced a lot of opposition when it came to having his musical ambitions taken seriously. Shawn was lucky enough to be spotted performing by the co-chairman of WILDD Records and he managed to impress the Queen herself, Madonna. Now, Mendes is preparing his grand debut to the world (which he says is coming very soon) and anticipation is reaching a fever pitch. In an effort to introduce the world to the type of artist he is aiming to be, Mendes is featured in Paper Magazine as the cover artist and the main article. The shoot came about after Paper contacted Shawn and explained they were interested in being his first cover story. Shawn naturally accepted the offer. The photoshoot took place across two days in early October in New York. Shawn described the shoot “It was mind blowing doing my first photo shoot. The photographers were all helpful and they allowed me to have as much freedom that I wanted to creatively. I was a bit nervous to be shirtless honestly but I think that I need have my first shoot bare my soul and it was decided to do that this way. I’m getting to live my dreams already so I got to take on a lot of different roles in the shoot. Playing the role of steamy boy next door was really fun. I’ve never gotten to do something like that before so it was cool! The interview was amazing as well because I got to be really honest with everyone. I shared my story and though it’s only getting started, there’s already so much that I’d like to say.” After completing the shoot and interview, Shawn played his upcoming debut single for everyone. Mary Connely, a dresser for the shoot had to say of the song, “He already is displaying confidence in his music. He delivered the song with passion and intensity. The song itself is a beautiful track. His melodies are sure to get stuck in your head and honestly, you’ll want to keep it there. I believe it’s going to he an unprcedentedly strong debut for someone coming from his background.”

m5Y.jpg

m5X.jpg

m5U.jpg

TEXT VERSION

Spoiler

Where It All Began

“I come from a home that was always really encouraging of art and expression. I was lucky enough to have parents that allowed me to be what I wanted to be. They never made me feel like making music was silly or an invalid choice. That’s something I’m always going to be thankful for. I was born in Toronto and I grew up there. Toronto is one of the most active places in Canada so there was always something exciting musically. There were so many artists that came through the city. I didn’t get to go to many concerts because we couldn’t totally afford it. But whenever an artist did come to the city, I always got on to YouTube and listened to one or two of their songs. I wanted to know who these people were. And more often than not, I fell in love with the music. It was by doing this when I was seven or eight that I discovered the passion I had for writing and making music. My parents got me a guitar and the minute I got home from school to the time I had to go to bed, I sat in my room and worked on it, writing things, familiarizing myself with the chords and notes. When I got a little better at it, I played it for my younger sister before she went to bed. She was my first fan. She gave a big confidence boost by telling me that she enjoyed what I was doing. So when I got into my early teens and I started posting these videos online, I was nervous to see if others felt the same. Well, the clips started blowing up and the next thing I knew I was involved with Magcon and it all just became so real so fast. I’m thankful for the earlier years of my music journey because I got to learn under so much love and support which made me work harder for what I wanted.”

Music’s Impact

“Music has impacted my life in ways that I couldn’t have imagined. Whenever I feel low or I feel angry, however I’m feeling, music is right there to ease that. There’s something for everyone out there. I’ve got so many artists, so many genres in my music library because I like to branch out and try new things musically. To me, music is something that has given me a purpose in life. Making music is where I feel like I’m a star. Some people feel that on the sports field, or dancing, or painting. Music was that for me. I love all art, music was just the one that touched me the most. There are no rights and wrongs when it comes to music. There isn’t a set of rules and you’re allowed to be different and try new things. Whether you want to be totally abstract or do something a little more familiar, you can. I don’t know of many art forms where you can be that limitless.”

Signing His Record Deal

“It came out of the blue. I was doing a performance at this really cool music coffee bar in Toronto. I had done like three songs. One of them actually was Madonna’s ‘Like a Prayer’ coincidentally. I stepped off the stage and my mother introduced me to this man Mr. Hensley. He sat me down and talked to me about who he was and where he was from. It was really exciting. He offered to fly my family and I to New York to do a two track demo to put out. He said that he’d help with the demo but that I didn’t have to commit to WILD Records if I didn’t want to. So I went out to New York and I did two songs that I had written summer. It got sent out to at least seven different labels. I got calls back from four. But the one that impressed me the most was WILD after all. They were so supportive of me, even though I wasn’t their artist. So I told them that. Hensley smiled and shook my hand and said ‘There is someone I know for sure that would want to meet you’ and he told me to meet him the next day at Madonna’s apartment in the city. That totally blew my mind. I’m a big Madonna fan so it was exciting on that front alone. When I got there, she introduced herself and she said that she enjoyed the demo tracks. That sent my heart over the moon! The three of us talked for four or five hours about what I wanted. They didn’t insist anything on me, they listened to what I wanted. And that really made me feel like an artist. They loved my ideas and they both committed then and there to help me make this something I could be proud of. Signing to WILD was far and above the right choice of all of them.”

In The Studio

“I wrote and wrote for a solid week. From Monday to Saturday, I had almost thirty songs written. So when WILD gave the call to tell me they finally had studio time booked, I was prepared. What I wasn’t prepared for was how amazing of an experience it is. I was booked to work in this beautiful studio called Arbor Terrace which is just outside of New York City. My first day, I walked inside and they gave me an artist's badge. With that badge, I can come in without bookings and use whatever empty studios are available which is incredible. In actual studio itself, I was just taken by surprise. There was so much going on. The switchboard was daunting to look at, the acoustics were so great that the music sounded so crisp in my ears and it took me aback for a minute. But I found my studio rhythm pretty quickly. I had an amazing four piece band that was in the studio with me to make this sound incredible. I’ll admit, though, about two weeks in, I came into the studio and I just had a little breakdown. I don’t know if it was nerves or stress or what, but I just kind of sat there and had a breakdown for a minute. The technician called Hensley and Hensley called Madonna. Hensley and Madonna called on Skype and the three of us had a little conversation that picked me up a lot. Looking back on it, it’s kind of silly that I had that moment but I think it’s something that needed to happen so I could truly leave all my inhibitions at the door.”

His Upcoming Music

“I’m very excited for people to hear what I’ve been working on. I have a concept that is very important to me that I’ve been discussing in these songs. Each song has something to do with the others. There is a narrative that the songs are following. It’s a lot of fun making a type of music novel if you want to call it that. Being in a professional studio, I’ve gotten to experiment with much clearer and sharper sound than I ever got to do on my own. Those studio tricks are adding a layer to this music that is going to make it translate well. I’m proud of these songs and I’m happy with the writing which is something any artist needs to make a good record. Just knowing that I’m looking forward to releasing the first music I’ve made to the world is something that gives me a huge drive. I can’t wait to see how everyone reacts.”

Hector    26,599
4 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I wanna release something :( 

Why don't u release then? You can release a song and make Kylie start from there, it'll help building her fan base or you can hype for a week and release next week!

Royalty    89,898
4 minutes ago, Hector said:

Why don't u release then? You can release a song and make Kylie start from there, it'll help building her fan base or you can hype for a week and release next week!

Because my management didn’t respond yet :( 

Hector    26,599
1 minute ago, Royalty said:

Because my management didn’t respond yet :( 

OOOOOOH mess I forgot you have to get approved fall2 screaming, did u send the PM today? I don't think corps are going to be online today :(

Royalty    89,898
7 minutes ago, Hector said:

OOOOOOH mess I forgot you have to get approved fall2 screaming, did u send the PM today? I don't think corps are going to be online today :(

I send a PM if we can talk about promo and stuff :( 

Jon.    7,257
4 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I send a PM if we can talk about promo and stuff :( 

No, you can't talk about promo.... because I'm not included in the PM! Joking tho creep1

Royalty    89,898
1 minute ago, Jon. said:

No, you can't talk about promo.... because I'm not included in the PM! Joking tho creep1

Be my baby i mean promo manager!