Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jony

Rapper Lil Peep has died

1510822663256-1499340696574-ChristopherBethell-22.jpeg?crop=1xw:0.84375xh;center,center&resize=1440:*

According to reports, the rapper Lil Peep has died aged 21. 

Peep was a trailblazer in blending the genres of emo and rap, and amassed a large, cult following over the course of his short career. His debut album Come Over When You’re Sober Part I, was released in August.

Peep's manager Chase Ortega appeared to confirm the news, tweeting "I’ve been expecting this call for a year. Mother fuck." Artists from Lil B to Pete Wentz have paid tribute to Peep on social media. Lil B promised to “continue to push his vision,” while Wentz tweeted "Lil Peep forever." 

A cause of death has not been established, and an official statement is expected from Peep's team soon. This post will be updated with any further news.

Noisey

Åhr's close friend, Adam "Adam22" Grandmaison, reported on Twitter that Åhr was in the hospital due to an overdose of heroin combined with fentanyl.

Following the report of his hospitalization, Åhr's manager, Chase Ortega, revealed that Åhr had died as a result of his overdose.

Åhr was known for habitual substance abuse, particularly his addictions to cocaine, ecstasy, and Xanax, a theme he regularly referenced in his lyrics and posts on social media. In one Instagram post, Åhr proclaimed himself as a "productive junkie" and said "don't do drugs".

It's sad that he passed so soon, I can't imagine what his mother would be going through. RIP

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.