Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

RepuTAYtion

Taylor Releases New Year’s Day To Country Radio

Taylor is releasing New Years Day as an official country radio single! Kind of shocked by this, I’m hoping it smashes and crosses over to adult pop too

Taylor Swift is returning to country radio

Hot on the heels of her CMA Awards win, Taylor Swift is giving country radio another go. 

The pop star's label, Big Machine Label Group, has just serviced her song "New Year's Day" to country radio 

It's been three years since Swift last charted on country radio: "Shake It Off" peaked at #58 on Billboard's Country Airplay chart in 2014. 

"New Year's Day," a spare piano ballad, is the final track on Swift's new album, "Reputation."

Earlier this week, she performed it on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon." 

While the hip-hop-flavored "Reputation" finds Swift worlds removed from country music, she's had surprising success in the genre this month.

On Nov. 8, she won the CMA Award for Song of the Year for "Better Man," which she wrote for country group Little Big Town.

2 hours ago, Anna-wa said:

interesting1 I have to re-listen to New Years Day to know what to think about this to be honest.

I don’t see a hint of country in it besides the fact it’s an understated ballad

1 hour ago, SWINΞ said:

I did not pick up any “country” vibes from NYD but ok girl get your coin!

Yeah I don’t get it at all but maybe it’s a way to have it grow as a potential future crops over single 

8 hours ago, SWINΞ said:

6 hours ago, RepuTAYtion said:

Yeah I don’t get it at all but maybe it’s a way to have it grow as a potential future crops over single 

Exactly. But, w/e, I guess. 

She should have just saved it for pop radio later on.

7 hours ago, SWINΞ said:

5 hours ago, RepuTAYtion said:

She also released Shake It Off to country radio last era so like... I think her judgment with her Original Genre has shaken quite a bit. Hahaha.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.