Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Ryan Seacrest accused of sexual harassment

Radio personality, television host and producer Ryan Seacrest has been accused of sexual harassment. During the past month, women and men alike in Hollywood have been coming out against sexual abuse and harassment in the entertainment industry, accusing powerful, big name stars and producers like Harvey Wienstien, Kevin Spacey, James Toback, Roy Price and more.

“Recently, someone that worked as a wardrobe stylist for me nearly a decade ago at E! News, came forward with a complaint suggesting I behaved inappropriately toward her. If I made her feel anything but respected, I am truly sorry. I dispute these reckless allegations and I plan to cooperate with any corporate inquiries that may result.”

“I treat all my colleagues with kindness, dignity, and understanding, as this is a principle that’s core to who I am. Throughout my 25 years in the entertainment industry, the majority of my co-workers have been women, and I’ve endeavored to foster a positive work environment of mutual respect and courtesy, as that’s how I believe it should be. I’m distraught that anyone or any situation would call that into question. I’m proud of my workplace reputation, and believe my track record will speak for itself. I’m an advocate for women. I will continue to support their voices.”

Full article

1 hour ago, SWINΞ said:

We all know Ryan is in the closet... that doesn’t mean that he didn’t make someone uncomfortable though and that’s fair. His apology does seem sincere. Hopeful that nothing more happened between them. 

In light of all these recent allegations, I think there's a certain amount of people looking back on old experiences and (unintentionally) putting a new context on it and feeling that they were harassed or something after the fact. "Behaved inappropriately" is pretty damn vague, but the article notes that it's interesting Seacrest himself brought it up before the media got hold of the story. 

5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

In light of all these recent allegations, I think there's a certain amount of people looking back on old experiences and (unintentionally) putting a new context on it and feeling that they were harassed or something after the fact. "Behaved inappropriately" is pretty damn vague, but the article notes that it's interesting Seacrest himself brought it up before the media got hold of the story. 

I agree. It's like everyone's become paranoid and a lot of people are looking back on their experiences and thinking "OMG something happened to me too that could maybe be classified as SEXUAL OFFENCE! let me go to the media and expose them! Sure, it had 0 impact in my life and I honestly forgot all about it until now, but THE PEOPLE MUST KNOW!!".

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.