Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

More legendary: I Will Always Love You vs My Heart Will Go On

More legendary   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which iconic song is more legendary

• I Will Always Love You
    • My Heart Will Go On

Im looking at y'all answers and it seems to me you forgot IWALY's impact and success.oprah8 Since when was MHWGO the best selling single by a female artist? Since when was it the first song to spend 14 weeks at number one?Since when has it been one of the most successful hits across all Billboard chart formats? Since when did it give Celine 3 Grammys,11 BBMAS and AMAs oprah8 Since when did it literally dominate the world for almost two years 1992-1994? oprah3 Is MHWGO the benchmark for literally all female singers? oprah3 And you guys know i love Celine(MHWGO turns 20 this year!) but you cant name her sig song more legendary than IWALY-the very reason it was even given to Celine

Both songs are amazing, I just lean towards MHWGO since it is for me a more memorable song because of my all time favorite film. 

We do play IWALY and MHWGO piano instrumentals in our playlist and I noticed that people react more and sing along with MHWGO (I work in a luxury hotel btw)

1 to 10... MHWGO is a 10 and IWALY a 9. clap3

My Heart Will Go On.

- Original song, everyone knows it from intro to verses to the chorus. The movie is even more iconic than The Bodyguard, so it’s really no comparison. This is Celine’s signature song and Whitney has a few that are close to IWALY.

IWALY, it smashed and did amazing even without a 1bil+ grossing movie. If it wasn't for the Titanic being such a huge box office hit then MHWGO would have flopped (if it got a commercial reception similar to The Bodyguard, it wouldn't have sold well at all) but IWALY was going to smash regardless and it did. 

Results seem pretty split down the middle xtina2 

I do agree though that Whitney’s song became even more legendary after her death, while Celine’s song is tied to the biggest blockbuster of all time. So this is really a tough call. 

I think on a worldwide scale My Heart Will Go On might have the edge, whereas in North America IWALY is more popular. I could be wrong though. xtina11 

22 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Results seem pretty split down the middle xtina2 

I do agree though that Whitney’s song became even more legendary after her death, while Celine’s song is tied to the biggest blockbuster of all time. So this is really a tough call. 

I think on a worldwide scale My Heart Will Go On might have the edge, whereas in North America IWALY is more popular. I could be wrong though. xtina11 

Who said that? wendy4

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.