Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

Christina Aguilera at the 2017 AMAs | Discussion Thread

The first part of IWALY was great.. clap3 but let me talk about that runs, I mean... gurl? what the fuck was that? awk1 

Her voice now is so fucking huge/heavy and I'm actually loving it. gasp1 

IHN was ok

RTY was good

IEW was great

and she looked stunning as fuck. wub1

That lips tho noway1 that shit needs to go coffee1 

1 hour ago, *Starlight* said:

She messed up IWALY and everybody knew that. The rest she was...okay i guess

Yeah, she was flat when she went into the second "and iiiiiiii...". I don't know what was the issue, maybe she couldn't hear herself? Or just nerves. She was not fully in sync with the band either.

She did GREAT yas2 She doesn't deserve the hate but tbh it doesn't matter what artist would've done it - they'd all get hate for it because Twitter/Internet is trash1

And also... Most people LOVED her performance.

http://www.justjared.com/2017/11/19/who-had-the-best-performance-of-the-night-at-the-american-music-awards-2017/ 

She's voted the best performer of the night just behind that boyband so I'll say she DID clap1 THAT clap1 

I thought she did pretty good, considering that's a huge performance for someone to pull off. I love X, but Whitney is my favorite female vocalist and imo, no one can sing her songs like she did, not even Christina. The ending was great though.

The runs in IWALY weren't necessary and you could tell some people in the audience were a little confused at the choice -- that cut to P!nk was unfortunate, but I think a lot of us had the same look on our faces.

For those of you being way too negative or critical, think about it. No, she did not give us 2007 vocal perfection, but in today's musical standards, she slayed. The only other performers who can still deliver vocals are Pink, Kelly, and Adele. Kelly also sounded off, so I'm wondering if it was the sound quality of the show itself. Or, she may have been sick. Either way, she gave us the emotion which is what a tribute is supposed to do.

26 minutes ago, nigma said:

i just saw it and i am so distraught... what the hell happened... she fucked up the and AAAAHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE part of "I Will Always Love You..." my lifelong dream of hearing Christina belting that was ripped from my very clutches... cry5fall3 

She has sung that part a few times effortlessly, it was just nerves I guess xtina11

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.