Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

Christina Aguilera at the 2017 AMAs | Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, nigma said:

i just saw it and i am so distraught... what the hell happened... she fucked up the and AAAAHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE part of "I Will Always Love You..." my lifelong dream of hearing Christina belting that was ripped from my very clutches... cry5fall3 

To me it looks like she added to much on the note before and didnt have enough time to breathe after and thtats why she was late. She quckly took a breath when she heared the music. And thats when she was supposed to sing.

I love Christina but this performance was bad...the beginning was good but later...ahs1   this scream at the end wendy4 she used to kill every award show but she hasn't managed to sing great since she performed "I love you Porgy" brit2  She has damaged her voice and I don't think it can be fixed cry3

22 hours ago, Muse said:

For those of you being way too negative or critical, think about it. No, she did not give us 2007 vocal perfection, but in today's musical standards, she slayed. The only other performers who can still deliver vocals are Pink, Kelly, and Adele. Kelly also sounded off, so I'm wondering if it was the sound quality of the show itself. Or, she may have been sick. Either way, she gave us the emotion which is what a tribute is supposed to do.

I didn't think Kelly sounded off? At least not timing or pitch wise. I think Christina was just nervous and also needs a vocal coach that will actually help her.

3 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

I love Christina but this performance was bad...the beginning was good but later...ahs1   this scream at the end wendy4 she used to kill every award show but she hasn't managed to sing great since she performed "I love you Porgy" brit2  She has damaged her voice and I don't think it can be fixed cry3

She's had many great performances and vocals after I Love You Porgy, like Say Something in 2013, NBA All Star 2015, The Thrill is Gone on The Voice, the Sinatra tribute, Stormy Weather, etc. No, her voice is not as it used to be, but she's still capable to deliver great vocals. This time around she seemed very nervous and was lowering her larynx too much to produce a heavier sound, like Whitney, which ended up sounding very shaky at times. Also, there appeared to be a few problems with the sound, so she was off tempo at some parts. I'm positive her voice will be warmed up after the next era starts, so she'll regain her control and give us solid vocals. 

18 minutes ago, XSlayed said:

She's had many great performances and vocals after I Love You Porgy, like Say Something in 2013, NBA All Star 2015, The Thrill is Gone on The Voice, the Sinatra tribute, Stormy Weather, etc. No, her voice is not as it used to be, but she's still capable to deliver great vocals. This time around she seemed very nervous and was lowering her larynx too much to produce a heavier sound, like Whitney, which ended up sounding very shaky at times. Also, there appeared to be a few problems with the sound, so she was off tempo at some parts. I'm positive her voice will be warmed up after the next era starts, so she'll regain her control and give us solid vocals. 

She is definitely better than what the tribute was, but even those good vocals were all over a year ago except Stormy Weather which is coming up on a year now too :( . I'm praying it's because she is hard at work recording X6 but honestly, her voice sounded like it was in very very poor shape.

6 minutes ago, Xtinaislife said:

She is definitely better than what the tribute was, but even those good vocals were all over a year ago except Stormy Weather which is coming up on a year now too :( . I'm praying it's because she is hard at work recording X6 but honestly, her voice sounded like it was in very very poor shape.

Again, nerves and lack of use. She had only a couple of performances/gigs this year, but you could tell her voice was in the exact same shape of the last 4 years (take the NMAM concert for example), with hit and misses due to little use and no warm up.

14 hours ago, XSlayed said:

I agree but she used to have perfect performances and all performances you mentioned were partly oversang or she missed some notes.I know that there are no perfect people but I feel like she doesn't care about hiring vocal coach and she needs one,every singer needs coach to help her voice get better and to avoid damages.Xtina's voice is probably damaged and it makes me sad...when I watch ANOM live at the vmas 2006 or immposible live on stripped tour I am always very sad because after every perfomance I realize  that she's not going to sound as efortless as she did then fall3I know that she was younger etc but P!nk's 38 and can belt out notes without straining or screaming dead2

54 minutes ago, lovechristina said:

Patti Howard (she sang with the choir in I'm every woman) said something happened to Christina before the performance, she wants to share the backstory but she can't at the moment. ZT7tAzv.png

Ooh, let's wait for the tea Resultado de imagem para wendy tea gif

On ٢١‏/١١‏/٢٠١٧ at 9:35 PM, BackToBasics said:

You're kinda overreacting. She sounded great to me. Maybe it was due to stage fright and it's normal to mess up every now and then.

I didn't have any issue with the way she sounded or anything everyone seems to be attacking or defending, but I'm sorry that arrangement was terrible. The songs did not flow together, at times she didn't seem to be singing with the music, and she would change the melody and sing random ass notes. While I'm glad she tried to do her own thing with it, the choices that were made didn't work and I think that's why some people have issue with it. I don't think it has anything to do with her talent as a performer, she is obviously qualified.

P.S. I am curious about the backstory though.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.