Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Is 'Roulette' about HIV sex roulette parties?

Do you think the song references these parties and draws parallels between the two mentalities in terms of longing to escape social monotony and how self destructive it ultimately is? I'm not saying it's about actually practicing it but I think there's a clear comparison being presented here, reading into the lyrics ; 

Then,

there's you Texting me a little bubble of trouble

I've tried to ignore these thoughts that rumble

I think I'm bored of being so careful

Got me flirting with fire 

And sometimes, you got to give in to temptation

So tonight, we test limits (test limits)

Take the safety off for a minute (for a minute)

'Cause my love's a bullet with your name written on it

Just load it and spin it

I mean, I'm perfectly aware that it's probably meant to be perceived as being with someone you're not supposed to be with, but I can't help but thinking that the one who wrote it is some sort of a twisted genius that managed to infiltrate this pretty dark af message into a bubblegum pop star's song lmao

2 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

What is a HIV sex roulette party? I'm intrigued 

It’s a party where you have unsafe sex with people and one of them has HIV so it’s kinda like russian roulette

It's an interesting parallel, and I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss it! The song features a co-write from Ferras, a gay singer. Now obviously, that doesn't confirm anything, but it raises the likelihood? It would also make sense cause every song on the album seems to have a bit more meaning beneath the surface, and Roulette always stood out against that

21 hours ago, Royalty said:

It’s a party where you have unsafe sex with people and one of them has HIV so it’s kinda like russian roulette

this is the stupidest thing I've heard, people are very irresponsible.... but i dont think the song is for that type of parties.

On 20/11/2017 at 1:32 AM, Dangerous Jim said:

What is a HIV sex roulette party? I'm intrigued 

yeah what's that interesting1

*scrolls down"

On 20/11/2017 at 1:35 AM, Royalty said:

omfg ahs1 

13 hours ago, Aleco said:

this is the stupidest thing I've heard, people are very irresponsible.... but i dont think the song is for that type of parties.

13 minutes ago, Goldie said:

yeah what's that interesting1

*scrolls down"

omfg ahs1 

Honestly it’s disgusting rip4 

13 hours ago, Aleco said:

such parties have been around for few years jj3 very popular between swingers jj3 mess

On 20.11.2017 at 10:27 PM, Kuba said:

It's an interesting parallel, and I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss it! The song features a co-write from Ferras, a gay singer. Now obviously, that doesn't confirm anything, but it raises the likelihood? It would also make sense cause every song on the album seems to have a bit more meaning beneath the surface, and Roulette always stood out against that

We should make a thread for it alex1

I want to know more "hidden" messages from Witness alex1

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.