Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Sylk

How is Reputation aging for you?

well  

24 members have voted

1. 1. well answer it

• Fine wine straight from italy!
    • milk

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Amazingly, although one particular song hasn’t aged at all simply because it’s not in my iTunes library

x9Z7NOi.gif 

gateaway car (so we can get as far away from this song as we can) ??

x9Z7NOi.gif

4 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

like a nice bottle of merlot, I even warmed up to dress and so it goes

the fuck is merlot i said wine and milk there is no inbetween 

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

it sounds better and better in every listen <3 tho it will grow old if she don't put it on spotify

wait.. it's still not on spootify i thought she was gonna wait a week 

Just now, SWINΞ said:

Sylk it’s been a week sis laughcry1

نتيجة بحث الصور عن ‪angry lady gif atrl‬‏

43 minutes ago, Sylk said:

gateaway car (so we can get as far away from this song as we can) ??

x9Z7NOi.gif

I will DOWNvote this rat

27 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

like a nice bottle of merlot, I even warmed up to dress and so it goes

omg a talent we love So It Moses

Currently I'm really just listening to Getaway Car and Don't Blame Me on repeat, so it's hard to say... But I still like the album as a whole so I would say it's aging well.

I hope it still sounds good in a year and doesn't pull a 1989... (no offense to the superfans in here...)

The album in general has been like wine so far. 

But I'm so sick of the stanning for derivative and immature songs on it like Getaway Car and I Did A Doody.  I'm sorry--but both of those songs are so try hard and sound like ersatz Katy Perry and exactly what the public that doesn't stan Taylor would use to drag her for being "bad" a la Miley doing "Can't Be Tamed."  It's going to be even more cringey looking back on those songs.  Just the lyrical device she uses in the former makes my skin crawl... like "being bad feels good [irony] that makes me sew badddd" like wtf Taylor can we get some better metaphors please k thanks.

The understated and mature progressions in her sound like Delicate and So It Goes remain superior and ageless.

59 minutes ago, Satori said:

But I'm so sick of the stanning for derivative and immature songs on it like Getaway Car and I Did A Doody.  I'm sorry--but both of those songs are so try hard and sound like ersatz Katy Perry and exactly what the public that doesn't stan Taylor would use to drag her for being "bad" a la Miley doing "Can't Be Tamed."

How is Getaway Car ANY of those things?

Getaway Car is 100% classic Taylor writing. The reason people like it so much is because of how descriptive it is, the same reason people like All Too Well. Because you can FEEL what she's thinking. You can SEE where she is. Songwriting like All Too Well and Getaway Car plugs your five senses into what Taylor was going through when she wrote those songs.

Yes, the concept of "I wanted to leave him so I used you as a rebound, and then I wanted to leave you" may sound try-hard on paper but it's not the concept people are in love with. It's Taylor's LYRICISM. It's Taylor's ability to paint a picture and put us in that moment, whether we like that moment or not.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.