Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Philip

Reverse racism is real

Kidding orangu1 don’t see it as revese racism but it’s rather prejudicial from the black community towards Xtina doing the tribute because she’s a white girl awk1

even before the tribute, I was reading so many comments stating “they couldn’t get a black singer to do it?” And now all the hate callig it atrocious, flat, awful and basically prejudicial since people had already characterized it as bad even before she did it, because she’s a white girl tributing Whitney. 

IMO there is not a single RELEVANT singer, black singer, that could’ve done a better job than Xtina, who did an amazing performance with couple of bad runs who was singing WHITNEY HOUSTON SONGS RECORDED IN HER PRIME. 

But yeah moo1 

Always the same old story.

A white singer does a trinute for a black artist and the entire black community drags them. It’s not reverse racism, it‘s racism. Plain and simple.

Why can’t we appreciate Whitney as a singer and the fact that she has inspired singers of all races?

5 minutes ago, LaToya Jackson said:

A white singer does a trinute for a black artist and the entire black community drags them. It’s not reverse racism, it‘s racism. Plain and simple.

Why can’t we appreciate Whitney as a singer and the fact that she has inspired singers of all races?

lol stfu

anyways i agree that some of the backlash is unnecessary but her rendition of iwaly really didn't do the song justice. it was flat and the runs were...just not good. the rest of the tribute was fine but she really didn't do whitney's most iconic song that well which is probably why twitter went tf off

9 minutes ago, LaToya Jackson said:

exaggerating a bit? Actually that comment is super racist rip4

3 minutes ago, Merryem said:

anyways i agree that some of the backlash is unnecessary but her rendition of iwaly really didn't do the song justice. it was flat and the runs were...just not good. the rest of the tribute was fine but she really didn't do whitney's most iconic song that well which is probably why twitter went tf off

True. IWALY was great until the unnecessary runs awk1 I’ve seen her do it justice so idk what happened, nerves probably. 

But calling it atrocious and awful is plain stupid, rest three songs were amazing and those are some of the hardest songs to sing. 

People are just pissed because it’s a white girl doing a tribute to whitney and not JHud who would be worse awk1 

18 minutes ago, Simón. said:

exaggerating a bit? Actually that comment is super racist rip4

HERE we go again.... 

Do you want me to fucking calculate the percentage of black people hating on her tribute?

Can’t at xtincta fans saying it’s racist to ridicule Christina’s performance. Also screaming at “nerves”, is this her first performance? i think not, she has bad technique and sounded like shit plain and simple. I’d rather have Jennifer Hudson, cause her voice isn’t even agile so she wouldn’t try to do runs. 

Cookie Monster hasn’t released in 7 years, and it seems she hasn’t practice either.

Not ya'll trying to spin this into something else and bringing Madonna's Prince tribute for comparison...the backlash happened cause both the tributes weren't good enough. Simple. It just so happens that the majority of criticism came from the black community cause the majority of Whitney and Prince fans are black. 

Anyways, racism in any way and form is not right and if people are hating on xtina cause she isn't black then that's wrong regardless. 

1 hour ago, LaToya Jackson said:

HERE we go again.... 

Do you want me to fucking calculate the percentage of black people hating on her tribute?

yes, I'd love to see the percentage nat1 

Should I do a black roll call?

Even if Christina had done the entire tribute flawlessly, show would have criticized. And like the OP stated, these are songs Whitney recdorded in her prime, 1990-1994, so these are incredibly hard and dont exactly fit Christina's now heavy and rough voice. Maybe 2001 Christina, but not this one.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.