Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Aidan.

Kylieologists: What actually is her least successful album? LGTI or KMO?

Now Wikipedia notes LGTI as her most unsuccessful. All things considered, is it?

It still spawned Four Top 20 hits, two of which were Top 5, successful tour too.

Sales for both are... something! But LGTI actually has more album sales than KMO.

KMO didn't have a "hit" single exactly, although ITB charted moderately well.

So all things considered, was KMO less successful if we're looking at sales and hits? Or because it had a bigger tour, was it more successful???

Or perhaps it's Impossible Princess DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Latoya magnifying glass gif

I'd say LGTI, she was on her fourth year and up to that point relatively successful, the plummet was sudden and painful to look at on reflection. On the other hand, you had to be a tad blind/deluded to expect her to have a hit album in 2014. 

2XWODea.gif

2 hours ago, Vulnicura. said:

(except for track 5) LGTI is superior which is what truly matters

2XWODea.gif

* except for tracks 1, 2, 5, 9

2XWODea.gif

Kiss Me Once is the least successful of the two. Like you said, Let's Get To It had two top 5 singles – including a number 2 spot. I honestly think one of the reasons why people didn't go out and buy LGTI is because she was still riding the success of Rhythm of Love. The two eras kind of overlapped, and LGTI kind of slipped out there suddenly. People were still there for Kylie. Her songs still did well. Her success was waning a bit, though.

Kiss Me Once, on the other hand, didn't really have any hit singles beyond ITB – which was hardly much of a hit, tbh, despite it hitting #12 in the UK. Only 2 official singles overall. LGTI was during the midst of her popularity. KMO is after she's had a long and successful career. She's done moderately well with X & Aphrodite, but her success and reach was already dwindling overall. 

9 hours ago, Vulnicura. said:

do you hate being happy?

2XWODea.gif

at least you didn't come for I Guess I Like My Wig Burnt

You've got an interesting definition of being happy right there.

2XWODea.gif

And of course I wouldn't come for the third-best song from that era.

17 hours ago, Vilppu said:

* except for tracks 1, 2, 5, 9

How could you do No Grammy Without You like this

Forgot about GMJALMT For a sec carla1 It's cute

Word Is Out (this sing will not reach top 10) has declined on me, I used to love her

IYWWMN has snatched me a couple times tbh

15 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Kiss Me Once is the least successful of the two. Like you said, Let's Get To It had two top 5 singles – including a number 2 spot. I honestly think one of the reasons why people didn't go out and buy LGTI is because she was still riding the success of Rhythm of Love. The two eras kind of overlapped, and LGTI kind of slipped out there suddenly. People were still there for Kylie. Her songs still did well. Her success was waning a bit, though.

Kiss Me Once, on the other hand, didn't really have any hit singles beyond ITB – which was hardly much of a hit, tbh, despite it hitting #12 in the UK. Only 2 official singles overall. LGTI was during the midst of her popularity. KMO is after she's had a long and successful career. She's done moderately well with X & Aphrodite, but her success and reach was already dwindling overall. 

They really did overlap. I mean the LGTI Tour was technically the continuation to ROL Tour. It's obvious that LGTI is a Filler album and used to get out of her contract too, and obviously it was rushed despite meeting the 1ish year timeline between albums at the time. I mean Celebration was meant to be on LGTI as well, so they were sticking whatever they came up with on there

3 hours ago, Aidan. said:

Word Is Out (this sing will not reach top 10) has declined on me, I used to love her

They really did overlap. I mean the LGTI Tour was technically the continuation to ROL Tour. It's obvious that LGTI is a Filler album and used to get out of her contract too, and obviously it was rushed despite meeting the 1ish year timeline between albums at the time. I mean Celebration was meant to be on LGTI as well, so they were sticking whatever they came up with on there

1st: GMJALMT (especially the extended mix) is a certified bop. It even made it onto her latest greatest hits album. (where she didn't even include all of her number ones)

2nd: True. To be honest, especially with the b-sides, you could tell that LGTI was basically an experimental period for SAW. They were playing around with samples and doing songs that were mostly club/dance tunes. Quick little things. Despite the fact that it was basically pushed out to get her out of her contract, it does show Kylie's progression a little more. Focusing more on the dance genre instead of just pop, and she wrote more songs and all of that. 

19 hours ago, Aidan. said:

NWWY is quite possibly the dullest song of her entire catalogue, the no Grammy nickname is accurate. GMJALMT is just annoying and too noisy for an otherwise subtle, laid-back album and I used to like Word Is Out too but I can't quite grasp why, it has nothing going for it currently nn.

9 hours ago, Vilppu said:

NWWY is quite possibly the dullest song of her entire catalogue, the no Grammy nickname is accurate. GMJALMT is just annoying and too noisy for an otherwise subtle, laid-back album and I used to like Word Is Out too but I can't quite grasp why, it has nothing going for it currently nn.

I mostly get my life to the non-singles

Let's Get To It cry7

RHRN, Live And Learn mess1

Edit - I almost forgot Too Much Of A GOD Thing mess1

8 hours ago, Aidan. said:

I mostly get my life to the non-singles

Let's Get To It cry7

RHRN, Live And Learn mess1

Edit - I almost forgot Too Much Of A GOD Thing mess1

Yeah, this and IP are her only albums where album tracks are very clearly better than singles imo. Though I'm still quite mad they didn't make the entire thing sound like Do You Dare/IGILILT/Closer. 

27 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Yeah, this and IP are her only albums where album tracks are very clearly better than singles imo. Though I'm still quite mad they didn't make the entire thing sound like Do You Dare/IGILILT/Closer. 

Closer is so good 2010 Closer wishes

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.