Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Princess Aurora

Do you agree with what Amy Winehouse used to say about Pop Music ?

Do you agree with what Amy Winehouse used to say about Pop Music ?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Amy Winehouse used to say about Pop Music ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Really
    • Maybe

The other day I was watching a Shady Compilation and I noticed she dissed a lot of pop stars and even criticized pop music during those time, here's the video :

Get around 0:33 where all the shades start, so what do you think ? Do you think she was right or wrong ? The comments about Madonna and Britney though dead2 I'm wondering what she would have said about the new pop generation though dead2  Let's discuss

Not really. I love Amy, but she seems kind of bitter and unimpressed by everything else except her own music and classic Jazz. I mean, bad-mouthing Billie Holiday? dead2 What even… This video just made it seem like she was very unsupportive of other female artists and pretty rude about it in the process. She doesn't really express any solid opinions about pop music as a whole in the video. She just gives off the vibe that she doesn't like it or consider it good music. 

Also, what did Dido do to anyone? dead1Leave the poor girl alone, she's harmless.

9 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Not really. I love Amy, but she seems kind of bitter and unimpressed by everything else except her own music and classic Jazz. I mean, bad-mouthing Billie Holiday? dead2 What even… This video just made it seem like she was very unsupportive of other female artists and pretty rude about it in the process. She doesn't really express any solid opinions about pop music as a whole in the video. She just gives off the vibe that she doesn't like it or consider it good music. 

Also, what did Dido do to anyone? dead1Leave the poor girl alone, she's harmless.

Same, I wanna know why she used to hate her so much, at least Amy used to support Adele and P!nk 

1 hour ago, Princess Aurora said:

Same, I wanna know why she used to hate her so much, at least Amy used to support Adele and P!nk 

Honestly, she was probably just jealous. In the video she's quoted as saying that Dido is "background music". She was probably annoyed that music she deemed unworthy was doing so well and getting all of these accolades and stuff. (This was around Amy's first album release, too, which wasn't as immediately successful as her sophomore album, as far as I know)

And I can understand that. Adele for obvious reasons, and Pink was not a conventional pop star – at least not in the mid-2000s. 

Just now, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Honestly, she was probably just jealous. In the video she's quoted as saying that Dido is "background music". She was probably annoyed that music she deemed unworthy was doing so well and getting all of these accolades and stuff. (This was around Amy's first album release, too, which wasn't as immediately successful as her sophomore album, as far as I know)

And I can understand that. Adele for obvious reasons, and Pink was not a conventional pop star – at least not in the mid-2000s. 

I wouldn't be surprised If she was jealous of Dido 

10 minutes ago, YoungForever said:

An artist without respect for themselves shall not deserve the respect of others. 

That's why she is where she is now. 

That was harsh but I can't really disagree with you, she made fun of Britney's breakdown and she ended up worse than her awk1 

14 hours ago, YoungForever said:

An artist without respect for themselves shall not deserve the respect of others. 

That's why she is where she is now. 

I never really understood the praise she received? Back To Black is nothing special and after she died people suddenly realized it's "so good" and "groundbreaking" lol her voice was interesting but her songs felt kinda uninspired? Of course she dropped some gems, but her discography was pretty mediocre.

No, I didn’t listen to her unless she was singing. Seemed like a pressed bitch when it came to things she said. 

Im still annoyed at her for dragging Dido. Like leave the gentle queen alone you hoe. 

4 hours ago, Urbi said:

I never really understood the praise she received? Back To Black is nothing special and after she died people suddenly realized it's "so good" and "groundbreaking" lol her voice was interesting but her songs felt kinda uninspired? Of course she dropped some gems, but her discography was pretty mediocre.

Don't you dare to attack one of the greatest musicians mad4

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.